IVF/ICSI/IUI general support and Discussion groups 2010

Fion4040

Hi dragontail, sorry to hear that but don't give up hope. Sure you get preggy eventually. Me, I b doing my IVF in Aug.

Yk-mami

Hi everyone. Good to see some active members here. I'm also keen to start my first ivf cycle probably with Prof PC wong of nuh. Done a laproscopy recently and discovered both tubes were blocked. All the efforts of iui tcm n what not over the 5 years down the drain! Ladies, do u all take leave from work during the egg retrieval and embryo transfer period? My job is a bit difficult to get leave. Sometimes feel like I should just quit for this ivf

Dragontail

Thanks Fion. Hope you're eating well and don't forget your folic. My retrieval and transfer will be in Aug. Are you staying on with NUH?

YKmami sorry to hear on the blocked tubes. That's why I think HSG is one of the most important fertility checks. but since you've decided on ivf, just look ahead.

Once you do the egg retrieval, you will start the 19days hospitalisation leave. And you also need to be at the hospital for scans twice a week. So time off is needed. I think you need to manage this with your boss.

Yk-mami

Dragontail, do keep us updated on your transfer in Aug. On the other hand I actually did a HSG 2 years ago and it showed that my tubes are fine. Funny how over an uneventful 2 yrs it is now diagnosed as blocked under laproscopy. I've set my mind on ivf. Im also PCOS..easily 15 follicle on 1 side of ovary but come ovulation, scan shows my burst follicle size is not desirable..too small to consider as good quality. Too many factors to point me to ivf. Giving in a try by year end.

Let's all take deep deep breathe..and chill..

Laylynn

Hi Fion4040,

My hubby and me are also 34 yrs old, and we just had a failed IUI cycle in June in NUH. We are currently going through our second iui. Similarly, we are advised to try at least 3 time before we can proceed to IVF.

May I know which hospital you are thinking of doing the procedure at?

Thank you, I am also brand new to this forum.

Lynn

Laylynn

Hi YK,

I have PCOS too, now am trying to lose some weight as advised by my doctor.

As i am 34 this year, I am thinking of going for IVF end of this year.

But, as ivf needs high time commitment, I think I have to quit my job too (hard to take leave), but that doesn't seem to be an option financially too.
Sigh, how i wish the government mandate even 2 months no pay leave to ladies suffering from such problems like us!

Fion4040

Hi Fion4040,

My hubby and me are also 34 yrs old, and we just had a failed IUI cycle in June in NUH. We are currently going through our second iui. Similarly, we are advised to try at least 3 time before we can proceed to IVF.

May I know which hospital you are thinking of doing the procedure at?

Thank you, I am also brand new to this forum.

Lynn
hi Lynn,

We will still do our IVF at NUH cos it nearer to us... How about u? How long are you married?

Laylynn

Hi Fion,

We are doing our second iui at NUH. This time round my body didn't react well, so I had longer rounds on injections. If this fails too, I will be doing my ivf at NUH comes December. It is a big decision, but I guess I have to try before I give up you know.

Have you tried iui before? I am wondering should hubby and me bd 24 hours after trigger shot, and then go for the iui after...
So confusing all this :(

May I check, are you in midst of doing your ivf now? Do you have to quit your job to carry this out?
Best of luck to you too!

KittyMum

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, going to have my 2nd lap done next month due to my endometriosis.

Will be going for IVF at KK Hospital in Nov 14.

Any good doctor to recommend?

Thanks alot.

Fion4040

Hi Fion,

We are doing our second iui at NUH. This time round my body didn't react well, so I had longer rounds on injections. If this fails too, I will be doing my ivf at NUH comes December. It is a big decision, but I guess I have to try before I give up you know.

Have you tried iui before? I am wondering should hubby and me bd 24 hours after trigger shot, and then go for the iui after...
So confusing all this :(

May I check, are you in midst of doing your ivf now? Do you have to quit your job to carry this out?
Best of luck to you too!

Hi Lynn,

We also did 2 times IUI and coincidentally our 2nd IUI, I also had a longer round of injections.

Yup, doc will suggest bd after IUI to have a greater chance to conceive.

And yes, now doing ivf....luckily I have very understanding bosses and colleagues thus I am able to do my IVF in peace.

just hope my angel will come soon....

Laylynn

Dear Fion,

So coincidence.... I went for the iui today, so fingers crossed seriously.

I hope your ivf will go on well too! You are so lucky to have understanding bosses and colleagues...

I will definitely have to resign in order to go for ivf.

Our angels please come fast fast to us!

Fion4040

Dear Fion,

So coincidence.... I went for the iui today, so fingers crossed seriously.

I hope your ivf will go on well too! You are so lucky to have understanding bosses and colleagues...

I will definitely have to resign in order to go for ivf.

Our angels please come fast fast to us!
jiayou laylynn. Yup, I am thankful having nice bosses and colleagues. Update us your progress soon. Baby dust to you. ;)

Laylynn

Got AF visit over the weekend... broke down and cried the whole Saturday... now, I am going to give my body a much needed rest as it is acting crazy (super heavy AF) after all the injections.

Fion, hows the ivf? whats the process? o many appt you have to go before the ivf procedure eg injections? I will make an appointment in NUH and hopefully, start ivf come late Nov / Dec...

Letchumi Sekar

Hi ladies,
I'm new here.. I did 6 cycle of IUI last year with a locum gynae. But it was unsuccessful:eek:10:Been very dissappointed with the result, so I stop following up. But as I have PCO I stop getting my menses(6 months). I don't know what to do now. Seeking your advice ladies:embarrassed:

Blueskycow

Dear all, I am very very new here and I hope I can get some insights from successful IUI. I have done my first cycle today and I am keeping my fingers crossed... I am already 35... *sob sob

Sharon Ang

Hi All,
I am 37 and have been trying to TCC for about a year when to consult Prof PC Wong from NUH all tests were done and results shown that we are all normal . So he suggested that we do IUI. Will be starting my first IUI early Jun. Need your advice if anybody is with Prof Wong and started IUI. Thanks.