Any good & sincere Lawyer to recommend for divorce/separation

adesmond2

Re: Any good & sincere Lawyer to recommend for divorce/separation

Need advise for the following:

Ive decided to divorce my spouse and proceeded to engage a pvt lawyer in dec. They took awhile to prepare the docs & wasnt able to serve the divorce papers to him as he wasnt around. Due to that, my lawyer suggested getting a court summon to have it paste over his last known address abt 2 weeks back. We had agreed upon initial cost of $3k but nw was told just fr the court summon to have it Paste over is additional $500..

Im quite worried right nw hw things are gonna be like as im sure it will be contested when it comes to our flat since its less den 5yrs MOP. My main concern is abt the hse & the maintenance. Till nw hes not been contributing anything to the hse loan except for $50 via cpf & only paid abt 10k when we gt the keys. Im servicing the reno loan as well. I dun earn much & paying all the expenses of my child.

Just was thinking if i could drop my current lawyer & seek for legal aid? Will they assist regards to fighting over ancillary matters? Could some1 assist me.
To surrender the flat means lose more money & i will not have a place to stay w my child.
Salam to all Sisters & Mummies here.

I am new to this forum so i hope you can bear with me if im unsure on hw to do tis.

I am a muslim mum with 2 child, looking for a gd lawyer to assist me on a contested divorce.

Im am goin to see Marican this evening for consultation.

I have also emailed some other lawyers, i do hope to get some input on this.

Many thanks & may allah bless all of u strong mummies out there!

Wassalam.
Need help my wife wanted to divorce with me need a affordable lawyer or advice...maybe will be consented case....cause she said will not give me anything...btw I'm now in a big debt to clear...really need advice from you all...

Hi All,

I would suggest you to check with Legal Aid as long your salary is only 1.5k and below. (if I didn't recall wrongly)
The price is very very low seek first advise only S$1, after that, to proceed or not is up to you and the lawyer. It's low cost involve for low-salary family members.

Amyching

Hi all,

I need some advises. I'm in a bit of divorce trouble myself.

I'm now filing for PPO and divorce against my husband for hitting and accusing me of affair. The lawyer I used is YEO Associate. It was a contested one and cost me about $5300 for now. If dragged on may cost more. I personally feel the lawyer not very good cos no follow up or anything.

I have 2 toddlers with me. I moved to my mum house because my husband became violent and chased me out. He also filed for a PPO against me by falsified his report and claimed I am the violence one. He placed an additional pad lock on the main door to prevent me from going back . (Im the main owner of the house and he's co owner). When I sms him to let me enter the house to take the kids clothes , he refused and threaten to put me in jail for harassment.

He just gotten an asset of 100K and he declared he will use the money to fight the case with me for as long as he can cause he knew my financial won't last so long.

Strange things happening to me after I filed for divorce n PPO . I used to have a full time job earning around 3K until an anonymous sabotaged my job by sending email to my GM about my bad past work history and I got terminated. I make police report of this. Afterthat I couldn't find my file which contain all my educational certs. I remember clearly I left it in my house but when I questioned my husband, he said don't have. I highly suspect he threw it away and the anonymous is him but no evidence.

Next, 2 days ago, an anonymous came to my mum house in the middle of the night to vandalise the wall by writing O$P$, Fuck and pour faeces water on the door. Again I make police report, but not much of use. And again I highly suspect is my husband playing dirty behind again.

I felt vulnerable with so many nonsense happening. He defend against the divorce and shamelessly went around drinking with girls n posting it on facebook.
Jobless for nearly 3 months, I still got 2 toddlers to feed and 3k of lawyer fees to pay. I really don't know where I can seek help from.

Will MP be able to help or advise?

Anyone here got any similar case like that? Please advise.

edinahgoodwill

Amy, did you try legal aid? I am also curious if you managed to seek help with the MP? I have a friend who also lost her job as she was very much affected by the divorce.

jojotlm

Hi, just allow me to inject...I've self represented my own divorce till Final Judgement and know how the divorce proceedings works including legal aid. If your salary is >$1500, you are not eligible and if your hubby is giving you maintenance, it's considered income even though you are a Stay-Home-Mum...and hor, if you have insurance policies with surrender value >$20k, you are considered wealthy and not eligible. So, before you ladies get thrown around by the stupid government system, check up first. I cried and cried when I found out, it was so so unfair. I've managed self representation with some help. PM me if you need any help. I tried to kill myself 2x but am now wiser and stronger.

Jojobambi

Hihi...i found an honest PI ...anyone need just PM me. He done my friend's case professionally n his fees were reasonable.

Last edited:

Jojobambi

Hi Edinahgoodwill1. MP doesn't help you in divorce and they will direct you to Legal Aid2. If you are apply to Legal aid, you need to know your income must not be above $1.5 and assets not more than $20k..(by the way, if your friend have insurance policy, that is considered an asset.)PM me...I've been through all and see how to help your friend

Sri1985

Hi All
Anyone looking for a reasonable and good divorce lawyer let me know..
I hv gone through the divorce process together with the help of my lawyer and she was really good and patient..
PM me to get her details

Bravesoul

Hi all,

Some tips you can look out for to find a good divorce lawyer in general.

You should focus on finding a lawyer with the right expertise to handle your case and not solely base it on the size and brand establishment of the law firm. You can find a good divorce lawyers through a few ways:

1. Through Word-Of-Mouth
  2. Online Advertisements
  3. Legal Services Regulatory Authority (LSRA) Directory of Lawyers

You should explore all these options with your lawyer before making an informed decision about whether you should proceed with a divorce. When you finally get to interact with your lawyer, determine if this lawyer suits your requirement – it may be better to change your lawyer earlier on in the case if you decide that he/she is not suitable.

You can obtain more info from this site: https://huffe.com/best-divorce-lawyer-singapore/.

KTYH

Hi All
I hv gone through the divorce process together with the help of my lawyer and she was really good and patient..
PM me to get her details
Hi Sri 19 85, can give me the contact and how much u pay or it? Tks

JasonLim

Really need one as I'm a sahm with 3 young children. Just had panic attack last Fri's evening. I really afraid if I continue to endure what will happen to me.
Hi genseah have you tried Mr. Campos at the Clifford Centre? I think this is his website http://www.godwincampos.com.sg/ I was once with my friend who won the custody of his children and I pretty much understand that it is such a major decision for anyone to make. I hope you find the peace that you're looking for in your heart.

Newlife23

Hi All
PM me to get her details
Can I have her contact? Thank you

BETRAYED

Yes u can call her at 90604986
Gladjo, u in another forum claim lawyers are all useless and money sucking people. here u promoting their services, u ok? Saying u can teach people to DIY divorce?

Anyway how's is your responding on the investment scams u advertising.

mschloe

How to apply for the free legal for divoicing? How much are we then consider not elgible to apply for the free lawyer?

carolineteo

Through this website I was introduce to Godwin Compass. If you have a choice don't engage him. I regretted it so much. He has 0 service. No explanation on the procedure provided unless you asked. Everything is in email no meeting to discuss about my case. Majority of time deal with Paralegal who made mistakes. Overcharging fee 7k for uncontested case. If you want to know more can leave me a message.

EvolutionMR

Alpha Male
anyone who been through contested divorce, are u all able to share your form 242 (ancilliary matters) with me. You may censor away those personal details, i just need to understand how to fill in as I was totally lost. I'm a defendant who will be self representing as my previous lawyer firm is those no money no talk type. I already spent nearly 10k even before starting of the trial, thus I need to drop the firm and do it myself. I made big mistake when i filed for my first affidavit and allowed my ex wife lawyer to "attack" me jialat jialat with many lies. I can't afford to make more mistake and thus this is the only way i can go, the date to exchange doc will be tomorrow. Kindly PM me if you are willing to share. Thanks in advance.

EvolutionMR

Alpha Male
If she has no evidence then lying also wont help.
i gave up on her already. right now i hoped someone can share their Form 242, Ancillary Matters Fact and Position Sheet with me so at least i know what i can fill up. the submission due date is tomorrow and i have been losing sleep over it.

Kroos

hi i heard someone here has good lawyer who helped in her divorce case can i please have that number?I really need it cos the Court keeps charging me costs just cos i want to file a good affidavits to help at hearing and since i have nothing to do with legal industry all this time I have no idea how to do an affidvit that really help together with exhibts instead of narartive composition type most common people without lawyers do that is not effective to case.So I was charged 500 recently for delaying filing and before that 500 and 350 .IT is too ex and cant afford it as i have medical conditions require regular visits costing 200 per time even at kkh. The Registrar Office is making me pay for plaintiff lawyers when i cannot afford for high court suit lawyers as they charger 3 thice more for High Court .i just want to know is it right for the court to charge a defendent who cannot afford a lawyer and the plaintiff is married to a china national and he gladly pays 2 lawyers senior counsels. i had the same experience as the poor guy above where the senior counsel David Nayar filed affidavit both times based on all lies to the extend of saying i had an afafir with an old ugly married men when i was 25 then when i went on uk trips and all trips with my with my baby brother whom i paid everything for in the trip and said i m jobless when Hdb gave me HLE worth 175k that will not be given to jobless person that Lawyer David conjured up instead of focusing on the flat plaintiff started law suit on for entertain they are usuing me as their gossip column