Single mummy.

JO K

Hi all, I am a single mummy living in the East, with two children (boy age 9 going 10 and girl age 7). Would love to meet some new friends here for emotional support. I just filed divorce after having discovered that my husband had affair with 2 girls at the same time. So whilst he was having his tryst overseas and once i got the information from the PI, i changed the locks and locked him out of the house. So everything happened really fast. Divorce proceedings at this juncture are rather acrimonious now so it's causing me alot of pain although the children bring me alot of joy. Still working full time, can't afford to give up my job but at the same time, would love to know more people here, for support.
Hi Fluttershy...be strong together ..i also just did my separate letter with him .....I am staying Sengkang ..how abt u ?

Hi Fluttershy...be strong together ..i also just did my separate letter with him .....I am staying Sengkang ..how abt u ?
Hello mummies,

Hope you are coping well. Are you aware of SPIN (Single Parents Informed, Involved, Included), a non-for-profit organisation under HCSA Dayspring? SPIN provides support to single parents (unwed, divorced/widowed, etc) who are unsupported or facing limited support emotionally, physically and financially. It runs empowerment workshops, organises family activities for members to interact with one another, etc. It has social workers as well as volunteers who are more than willing to lend a listening ear and connect you to people and resources that are available. If you are interested in finding out more about how SPIN can support you in your journey as a single parent (mummies or daddies), please PM me or you can also google online for more details!

Stay strong and courageous!

Last edited:

Pia Wong

Hello mummies,

Hope you are coping well. Are you aware of SPIN (Single Parents Informed, Involved, Included), a non-for-profit organisation under HCSA Dayspring? SPIN provides support to single parents (unwed, divorced/widowed, etc) who are unsupported or facing limited support emotionally, physically and financially. It runs empowerment workshops, organises family activities for members to interact with one another, etc. It has social workers as well as volunteers who are more than willing to lend a listening ear and connect you to people and resources that are available. If you are interested in finding out more about how SPIN can support you in your journey as a single parent (mummies or daddies), please PM me or you can also google online for more details!

Stay strong and courageous!

Thank you for sharing. This will definitely create awareness among single parents. Especially love the fact that the organization will provide emotional and financial support, since I believe these are the things single parents need help with. I'll help spread the word.

Cal

Hi all, my name is Cal and I am working for a preschool organization in Singapore. In our organization, we believe that every child deserves the opportunity to succeed in life. We want to help children from single-mother households, who often face financial and emotional challenges, realize their full potential by alleviating the financial burden. We offer children from single-mother households a fee subsidy of up to $200, as well as job opportunities for the mothers to gain financial independence while maintaining close relationships with their children.

I just hope that my thread will be able to reach out to mothers who may need help with childcare and for finding job opportunities. Drop me a private message if you are interested and will like to enquire more.

Admin, you may take down if it is not relevant. Thank you all.

shawnabc77

wow.. seems really alot of divorce going on in Singapore.. this is despite more people visiting fengshui for marriage..

Being a single mother is difficult, but when your children grow up, you will be able to understand how really strong a person you are!

Chris85

Hi all, im a single mom here looking for support with single mummies to walk this path together . Is there any whatsapp groupchat?