How to bath a new born?

ppot

Hi Mummies!

I am in my third trimester, first baby! Need some advices from all mummies here.
When bathing a newborn, we just pour two drops of body wash into the bath tub right? After bathing, must I rinise the baby? As in wash his soapy water off with clean warm water? If so, we must prepare two bathtubs then? One filled with his body wash and another one with clean water? Pardon me for asking silly questions. I tot we need not rinse the baby. Just pad him dry after bathing him in the bathtub filled with his body wash water. :embarrassed:

Got really confuse when I read at the instructions of some baby body wash. I was recommended to buy low PH, non rinse body wash but i can't seem to find any that is non rinisable! Which baby body wash should i buy?

CanCanMum

nope its not a silly question la...good to ask coz i dont even know how to hold my newborn correctly worh, last time hahahahha...

yeah in a baby bathtub with lukewarm water, put 2-3 drops of baby bath, holding his neck slowly lower him into the water, keep his head up hor... sometimes they will fuss due to sudden exposure to water but its fine...wash his finger, palms, legs, between baby fats folds, neck areas...etc etc...coz babies are so chubby they have lots of "folds" trapped with dust...hahahahhaa but its cute la. Den use a wet towel to clean his head and hair....after that carry him up will do. Pat dry and dress him up so tat he wont catch cold.

ermmm...if yrs is a gal den change all to She and Her...hahahha...have fun bathing.

orrh: i use kodomo on my boy until when he was 2year old i changed to pigeon.

Last edited:

ppot

I c I c... Thanks for the guidance! Mine is a boy. Can't wait for him to come out in 2 months time. Finally solve my mystery of rinsing newborn babies! hahah...:Dancing_tongue: Can go get baby wash liao. Silly me still looking for non rinse body wash! :shyxxx:

SH74

ppot > CHILL~~~~~~~~!!!! dun kan cheong. hahaha... :D ur hospital nurses will ask u to join classes during ur hospital stay where they'll teach u how to take care of newborn (bathing, changing diapers, feeding,...)

r u going to hv confinement lady aft u give birth? if so, they'll b experienced. jus ask them teach u n ur hubby b4 she leaves. during that period, jus watch n learn. ;)

ppot

Oh...you mean during hospital stay, there will be classes conduct for mummies and daddies? Just give birth got strength to attend meh?
Is it compulsory?
I did talk to one confinment nanny when i am five or six months pregnant. She said she is going to collect deposit from me before I give birth. Till now, no calls from her. Maybe she dumped me liao! hahah...and i am too lazy to call her.

CanCanMum

yes there is....hahaha i kaypo answer on behalf of mrs pup....but i got no strength to go attend...they got classes to teach u how to latch babies, feed them, carry them, bathe them oso....

but there are pre-natal classes tat teaches u how to handle babies oso mah....

but i din attend any single one....leave it to mil to teach me....kekekekee

SH74

Oh...you mean during hospital stay, there will be classes conduct for mummies and daddies? Just give birth got strength to attend meh?
Is it compulsory?
I did talk to one confinment nanny when i am five or six months pregnant. She said she is going to collect deposit from me before I give birth. Till now, no calls from her. Maybe she dumped me liao! hahah...and i am too lazy to call her.
yes, they have for new parents. if u cannot attend or not well to attend, ask ur hubby go. for me, my gynae told me abt it. ask me must go. hv to walk slowly there lor. 'cause stitches still pain mah. sit down also hv to slowly. if u not paisay, can bring float there to sit. at least not so pain when u sit thru the whole class.

for my hospital, they even show on tv abt wat time the class starts. then also hv video on how to latch on bb, on tv, at certain timing. the nurse (in charge of teaching mom how to latch on) told me abt it. ask me to watch.

it's not compulsory but good to know lor. though no need take care of bb straightaway aft discharged, but at least u know. will feel better. less uncertainties.

then who is going to do ur confinement? who is going to take care of ur newborn while u recover?