Is it a must to cover 2mth plus baby's head?

yvonne_ktw

Is it really true that up to 2mth old their skull is still not fully closed up yet and need to cover his head to avoid wind gets in and future will have headache?

CanCanMum

yes tats what i did to my boy....but only when he goes out & not required to wear when at home. I think i stopped wearing hats for him after 6 months.

LoVeS

When my ds was young i didnt let him wear any hat to cover his head his i dun see the need sumore he alrdy sweating alot frm his head so no pt covering his head to make him sweat even more :tlaugh:

yvonne_ktw

bo pianz coz my boy was bo tak! lols

have to cover the ugly balding head~
Hi Hi,
You cover the head cause of ugly? That means it's not to prevent him from wind getting in?
How about at home? Like fan blowing around. or wind too big and wind will get into his head?

yvonne_ktw

Anyone of you all heard before that the skull is not fully grown that's why have to wear hat/cover the head all the time?

SH74

i know newborn's skull not fully developed yet but i've nv heard that covering their head w hat will help.

oblong

yup. i made DS wear a hat when i bring him out. he hates it alot, cos the hat will always somehow cover his eyes without fail, no matter how i adjust for him. (actually i suspect he's the one who adjust it after i put it on for him, cos he dun like hats......) :p whether does it help to prevent wind from going in, i dunno. cos i jus simply follow wat my mum say.

at home, he's always hat-less.

CanCanMum

actually that 'soft' spot will not be closed until baby reaches 5 years old.....i read it somewhere at babycenter.