Having breech baby and ECV

Nutzabelle

I'm pretty worried these days as i have found out that my baby is still in breech position though i'm in my 36wks. My gynae suggested that i should go for ECV. What should i do to prepare myself? For those who had to ECV bfore, it'll be great if u could share your experience. Would like to prepare myself what's to come.. i'm hoping that i wont need to go thro c-sec.

pixie

I heard that ECV is a safe procedure where the doctor is trying to turn the baby's head down to reduce the need to perform a c-section with a 45-50% successful rate of an ECV.

You might want to discuss with your gynae and if you have a tender uterus pain relief (e.g. epidural) will help to reduce the discomfort.

Good luck and and wishing you a smooth delivery.

HappyMomtobe

I'm pretty worried these days as i have found out that my baby is still in breech position though i'm in my 36wks. My gynae suggested that i should go for ECV. What should i do to prepare myself? For those who had to ECV bfore, it'll be great if u could share your experience. Would like to prepare myself what's to come.. i'm hoping that i wont need to go thro c-sec.
Wow is there a Gynae in Singapore to do ECV? What’s your gynae name and clinic details who is doing ECV? Thanks