大闸蟹 (Hairy Crab) - Season is back

priscilla

yummy yummy...will miss the seasons. Saw it in Japan last year at the supermarket but dh and I do not know how to cook this.

Hope to be able to taste this one day.

Last edited:

tommyBoi

Alpha Male
yummy yummy...will miss the seasons. Saw it in Japan last year at the supermarket but dh and I do not know how to cook this.

Hope to be able to taste this one day.
I saw NTUC selling it at $4.50 each. Very simple, just wash and steam it, and eat it wif vinegar if u want to.

Some Restaurants sold each at $25 or more, depend on the size. The season shld be ending in beginning of Dec.

priscilla

I saw NTUC selling it at $4.50 each. Very simple, just wash and steam it, and eat it wif vinegar if u want to.

Some Restaurants sold each at $25 or more, depend on the size. The season shld be ending in beginning of Dec.
We will miss it since over here in Van. , we do not see any of such crabs. And the crabs here are different from those sold in Singapore.

They look simply yummy, will have to wait for a time to eat this cuisine then.

tommyBoi

Alpha Male
We will miss it since over here in Van. , we do not see any of such crabs. And the crabs here are different from those sold in Singapore.

They look simply yummy, will have to wait for a time to eat this cuisine then.

oh.. so u r nt in Singapore la.. u must have miss the crabs here so much hor.. chilli crabs, pepper crabs, steam crabs, hairy crabs, flower crabs, BBQ crabs, etc etc... :tlaugh:

mae

saw the hairy crabs in Giant last sunday selling for $4 i think...they look like tarantula from a distance. hehehe

tommyBoi

Alpha Male
saw the hairy crabs in Giant last sunday selling for $4 i think...they look like tarantula from a distance. hehehe
no wonder so long nvr c u here.. u busy shopping ar? :tlaugh:

Hairy Crabs Season ending soon.. havent try any yet..

mae

one crab is $4...i think i can finish 5 crabs...so expensive:tlaugh:also saw the oyster...waaaaahhh....1 oyster = $4.50...faintz!

tommyBoi

Alpha Male
one crab is $4...i think i can finish 5 crabs...so expensive:tlaugh:also saw the oyster...waaaaahhh....1 oyster = $4.50...faintz!

i dont really like to eat oyster unless is very fresh.. :001_302:

Just back from NTUC, they are now selling Medium Size Indonesian Crabs at $2.90 each.

P

pqrs971

President Vicente Fox declared a state of emergency today in Colima

President Vicente Foxdeclared a state of emergency today in Colima, a coastal state hit overnight by apowerful earthquake that rolled across central Mexico from the Pacific Ocean, killing at least 29 people and rattling millions of Mexico City residentsIt took only minutes on Saturday June 23rd for a powerful 8.1 earthquake to rip through southernPeruExperts with the China Earthquake Networks Center said strong aftershocks may still rock Wenchuan, though quakes exceeding 7.8 on the Richter scale are unlikelyWhen he was working on Monday afternoon, Tan said hesuddenlyfelt the ground was shaking.

priscilla

oh.. so u r nt in Singapore la.. u must have miss the crabs here so much hor.. chilli crabs, pepper crabs, steam crabs, hairy crabs, flower crabs, BBQ crabs, etc etc... :tlaugh:
Yeap, tommyBoi, we had all the chilli crabs, pepper crabs, steam crabs, flower crabs and butter crabs when we were back for a short break before our next relocation early this year but again I missed the hairy crabs seasons.

In fact, in Vancouver, we have pepper and salt crab, BBQ crabs but they are not cook like Singapore crab. When we were back in Singapore, we also went for Alaska crabs, they are yummy.