1 year old, yet not standing steady without support~

jassmine

Hi mummies,

my girl is 1 yrs old yet she cant stand steady without support, ez normal?:err: saw lots of baby start learning to walk by this age yet my girl still learning to stand without support.. kind of worries~

stonston

Depends largely on the child's size also. My boy was considered small sized and he could stand steadily by 6mths +. But my friend's boy is rather big sized and he only stood steadily at 14mths and only started walking without support at 17mths.

Also, they must be given the environment and opportunity to practise. Alot of kids are confined in small playpens that do not even require them to move around, why would they want to learn to move around in the first place?

diymummy

My son is 13 mths and cannot stand steadily without support yet. He has a push cart which he uses to learn how to walk and he cruises around using his toys and furniture.

For my son's case we feel that he's more afraid to stand unassisted than an issue of whether he can do it or not. Sometimes we would bring him to a standing position and gently let go our hands. He would be able to stand but once he realises he is standing, he would sit down.

My son is small. He's 8.5kg at 13 mths.

Try to praise/encourage her more and give her more opportunities to practise standing without support.

apollo

babe, dont wry, cos i think some babies actually noe the 'tactic' of standing, walking but they might seems 'slower' becos they r lack of confidence. encourage him, cheer for him if he stands for 1-2min, build up his confidence =)

kenxf_03

Hi mummies,

my girl is 1 yrs old yet she cant stand steady without support, ez normal?:err: saw lots of baby start learning to walk by this age yet my girl still learning to stand without support.. kind of worries~

Hi jassmine,

I have a galfren who's daughter also in her 14 or 15mth and is currently juz learning how to walk with support. I guess each baby has its own pace, so not to worry so much, slowly ur princess will learn to walk on her own. :Dancing_wub:

Phoebii Cheng

Yes agree with all other mummies, my son learnt how to walk when he was 14 mths...some like my frens child, they learnt to walk some at 12mths some before 12mths....

I think the most impt thing is don't pressurize urself and ur bb.....after all they hv a lifetime to walk and talk........

Diff bb hv diff development stage, and according to the experts they say tht some bbs walk at 18mths, so dont worry and stress urself....

ping26

I feel the most impt thing is to spend more time with your child. Somehow, when the moment comes, you'll automatically prompt the child to do more walking.

Most SAHMs have more time w their kids. Sometimes, their kids will hit milestones earlier for the 1st 2 years.

Sometimes, a child's development may become a little delayed due to care-givers e.g. maid, grandparents. (cos there's no need to move any muscle, other than those reqd for crying & yelling.)