18 mths old girl with sensitive nose

Lostkitty

Hi all mummies, recently i noticed my girl was having like a blocked nose. Suspect she having flu but it wasnt. Seen the pd and was told that she has sensitive nose. Told us to have dust-free rooms/mattress/etc... No fluffy soft toy for her... She was given dhatifen for allergy and nasonex nasal spray for allergic rhinitis at night. I do also gave iliadin for her nasal decongestant during the day. There wasnt much nasal mucus coming out from her nose too.

Every night i heard something block in her nose and she seems have difficulty getting to sleep with her pacificer.

Has any mummy out there can gave some advice? It seems hard to have a dust free environment as dust are everywhere.

Thanks alot.

mango

My boy of 2 mths also have the same problem. The pd advise me to clean his nose every day but not more than 3 times per day.

Itsy Bitsy

Hi all,

Would you consider to use air filter in the rooms?
I use Honeywell with hepa filter.
It may not be 100% dust-free, but I guess it helps a lot.

Lostkitty

Hi all,

Would you consider to use air filter in the rooms?
I use Honeywell with hepa filter.
It may not be 100% dust-free, but I guess it helps a lot.
Hi Itsy Bitsy

I have Delphine vaccumm and act as a air filter. It seems works but do I have to do it everyday? Or should I consider getting a smaller air filter/purifier or a ionizer?

Itsy Bitsy

Hi Itsy Bitsy

I have Delphine vaccumm and act as a air filter. It seems works but do I have to do it everyday? Or should I consider getting a smaller air filter/purifier or a ionizer?
I use the Honeywell air filter everyday.
Especially when we are in the rooms, and throughout the night when we are sleeping.
When we are out, we switch it off to save electricity.

xlgalsg

Hi Itsy Bitsy

My 2 boys have the same problem. It's quite worrying when I wake up in the middle of the night and hear them breathing hard. I tried the air purifier from Coway bcos my sister also got it. According to them, the purifier can remove dust and smell, also H1N1 virus plus other things that cause allergy. I'm not sure if it's entirely due to the purifier, but my boys' condition did improved after a month or so. I think it's also because I adjusted their diet, stopped them from drinking cold water and got rid of all the furry toys at home. But when I open up the filter for washing, I did see a lot of hair and dust trapped there . So I guess it does help somehow.

johnjohnkang

Hi

sms me for an appointment if you want to do mattress cleaning. It is a powerful water vacuum using vibration to the mattress for vacuum up the dust mite and etc.
give great packaging for the items that you would to vacuum. SMS at 96570163 for more details and appointment.

LindaChew

hello~ actually i understand the sensitive nose thingy.. I myself have a sensitive nose and i think its hereditary because my children have similar issues. Its difficult to keep rooms dust free, in singapore if you leave your windows open for a day, the room will become dusty already. In just 1 day i can see the shelves and tables all covered in a thin layer of dust. And this means that everything else, bed, etc will be covered in dust as well. We dont sleep with the air-con on, so it makes the situation a bit more dusty.

I use a wet cloth to wipe the kids room everyday. wipe every exposed surface. Mob the floor too especially under the bed. if im lazy i just use a wet magiclean, but i find a proper mop still more effective. And the bed is most important, so i have a big cover to cover the whole bed during the day to ensure that dust doesnt get into their bedsheet, pillows, favourite toys/pillows etc. Only before they sleep i will remove the big cover and they can lie on their bed. Next morning once they wake up i will cover the bed again. Im training the elder son to make a habit of covering the bed on his own.

also i realise sometimes aircon makes their nose runny, so we dont use the aircon now. at night we close the windows when they sleep, switching on the fan. The room temperature is just right and no one has problems sleeping.

This doesnt eliminate the problem fully, but it definitely works helps to reduce the runny nose / block nose by at least 80-90%.

darryltok

Hi All Mummies,

I have sensitive nose too since I am young. I am basically allergy to dust. I will have running nose even when I just take down a box from the store room which i had not used for months. I would wake up every morning with a nose block as I always sleep in the aircon room. My problem is solved 99% when my friend introduced the right air filtration system.

There all so many kind of brands of air filtration system out there in the market, which one is more reliable?

To me, 3rd party certification for the system is a way for me to compare the different brands out there. Especially world recognize 3rd party organization such as British Allergy Foundation (this is most important for me due to my sensitive nose), Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM) and US Department of Energy.

My friend let me try out the air filtration system for a few days and I can really feel the different. My nose will not block when I wake up in the morning. It feels good to be able to breathe the morning air.

I am really grateful to friend for introducing me to this fantastic product. I would like to do what my friend have done for me by letting anyone who is interested to try out for a few days ( I have an extra set in my living room).

Just PM or email me darryltok@yahoo.com.au to make an arrangement.

Hope to save all allergy noses.

Cheers.

Last edited: