1st time mummy needs help with gynae

audrerda

Hi!

Just found out that I'm 5 weeks preggie (yay!!) and will definitely be choosing Mount A for baby.
One Q, i am planning to have myself checked tomorrow but I've have yet to find a gynecologist.
Can I just walk in to Mount A for check-up tomorrow or is it wise to just go to a gyne clinic around my area?
Thanks a mills mumsies!!

ftlad

For me I chose d gynae near my place cuz I knew I wld need more regular appts during d 3rd trimester (travelling is tough during d 3rd tri unless u hv someone to drive u) l. I checked d website for review of d gynae 1st b4 deciding on him.
Which area do u stay?

mer17

Same for me. I also checked the website and friends around for recommendation of a good gynae. I think even if you wanna choose Mount A for your hospital, u can still check ard which gynae there is more recommended, and not just walk in.
Besides, normally we might need to wait for a couple of weeks for appointment before we get to see the gynae.

For my case, I went to a GP to confirm my pregnancy, then while waiting for my current gynae (whom i have to wait for 3 weeks), I also went to another gynae which my friend recommended & whom I only needs to wait for a few days. Then I compare which gynae is better. Heeee.. very KS! For me is I choose the gynae rather than which hospital i wanna go.

audrerda

@ftlad & @mer17: I am staying in Pasiris and my hubby drives so he said its okay to drive out. But I agree that it's better to choose a gynae close to my residence just in case i have to commute on my own. It's just that I'm still not too sure which one to go to. I have been asking around but there seems to be no good recommendation for Pasiris area.

mer17

I'm staying in Sengkang, but my gynae is in Bedok, under Parkway East Medical. But she only deliver at Parkway East Hospital.
Alot of my friends delivered in Mount A, but they all have diff gynaes.. Some gynaes do not have a fix delivery hospital, but some do. My advise is, check the website for recommendation. No need to confirm a gynae in a hurry.
Gynae is more important than the hospital.. I felt.. =)

xuandy

Hi audrerda,

1st of all, you will need a recommendation of gynae from your fren, relatives, thenof cos, we will then go for the one with good feedback, eg: gentle; stitching skill; emergency handling and very important (read from a book) this gynae must be able to communicate / blend in well with you and your hubby.

It best not to just step into a clinic after reading about some favourable feedback from unknown website.

I am personally a very good example. :(

I was gathering some information from some portal and found out that this particular gynae in AMK is, well known. So I decided to go visit him and his charge is woohoo~~~ high!! 1st visit, was already not very pleasing, as he never failed to show me that he find my question annoying and un-necessary. He want to get rid of me the min he saw me.

So 2nd time, I got spotting. Being 1st timer, who wouldn't be worried?! So I went to see him again. *pale* Me and hubby were both worried sick and our first qn to him is "HOW / WHY"?

Again, he sigh loudly, arm folded and follow by:

"How? I also dont know how and I cant give you a definite answer why you got spotting ok?.
When you have spot, it does not mean that baby is in danger, likewise when you DO NOT have spotting, it also does not mean baby is safe inside, for all you know your baby is already dead inside, ok. I see you in ..................

Upon hearing this, I kno I cant stick with this gynae.

Then I go round asking my sil, fren, those that had been thru delivery for a reliable gynae, until I found my current one. He is kind, patience with the repeatedly qn from most mummies, encouraging and most important, I can ask him what I want freely!

Now I can't wait to go see him which is schedule on 16 May :( to see my precious baby.

And yes, he is from Mount A.

Hi!

Just found out that I'm 5 weeks preggie (yay!!) and will definitely be choosing Mount A for baby.
One Q, i am planning to have myself checked tomorrow but I've have yet to find a gynecologist.
Can I just walk in to Mount A for check-up tomorrow or is it wise to just go to a gyne clinic around my area?
Thanks a mills mumsies!!

ks76mummy

Hi audrerda,

First of all, congrats! :) Like mer17, I chose the gynae rather than the hospital as I believe the hospitals here shouldn't differ too much in terms of standards. Hmmm don't think you can just do walk ins like that wor...probably need to research for one then call to make appointment. Some popular gynaes might be fully booked till next year.

I also feel that it is a "trial and error" process for first time mums hehe Different mummies prefer different style of gynaes so even if he/she is very popular in the forums, you might not feel comfortable too. Most important is to feel comfortable because after all we are paying! lol

Hope this helps!

mer17

@xuandy: Your first gynae is really a bad one!! How can a gynae say such things!!
I think if I encounter such gynae, I would sue him for saying rubbish!

And yes, I agree with ks76mummy.. even if the gynae might be very popular, you might not feel comfortable.
Like wat xuandy said, go for a recommended one who has good stitching skill (be it natural or Csect, cos if the gynae is not gd in stitching, we will not heal that fast), able to communicate and also encouraging. Cos majority of us are 1st timer and lotsa things we don't know, so we really need someone who can advise rather than adding fire!! =)

xuandy

@xuandy: Your first gynae is really a bad one!! How can a gynae say such things!!
I think if I encounter such gynae, I would sue him for saying rubbish!

And yes, I agree with ks76mummy.. even if the gynae might be very popular, you might not feel comfortable.
Like wat xuandy said, go for a recommended one who has good stitching skill (be it natural or Csect, cos if the gynae is not gd in stitching, we will not heal that fast), able to communicate and also encouraging. Cos majority of us are 1st timer and lotsa things we don't know, so we really need someone who can advise rather than adding fire!! =)
ya lor, imagine you are going to face him / her for the good 8 - 9 month, you have to be comfortable with him. I wan to feel happy when it time to go see my gynae = happy when it time to go see my baby.

babyjade

Dear mummies! i just found out recently im pregnant and super duper excited. Based on last menses i should b abt 4 weeks pregnant. Been going for gynae check ups and many tests as i kept suffering from cramps. My hcg level is low as well. I think a good and senior doctor is very impt!!! bcos the way they speak and answer my questions is really worth the spend! it's my first baby and im praying all will goes well. My tummy is very bloated and big already ??? does this happens to u all?:eek:

Judyn3o

Hi babyjade,

Congrats! I am about 7 weeks preg now. :) during my 4-6 weeks, I did felt cramping. As this is also my first preg, I was so worried and went to Kk for a checkup. My own gynae at TMC was not available that time. It was a last min checkup. I had a blood test at Kk and my hCG wasn't high enough to do a scanning. Was given a hormone pills to protect my bb and also to increase hCG level. Was also asked to go back 2 days later. I went back for a second check. My blood test hCG level shoot up to a gd level. Did ultrasound on tummy and thru virginal. Was happy that they can see the yolk sac and was told that my bb is in the womb correct plc. Now I'm waiting for 24/5 to have my first bb scan with my own gynae.

Meanwhile, I do have mild short cramping/ stretching across my pelvic area till my lower butts bone. I believe it's because of my uterus is expanding. Nausea, dizziness, feels like vomited, bloated and my appetite is not v good. I believe after 1st trim, I will feel better. Hope so. :p

Don't think too much of the cramping as long as there is no spotting.

Cheers to all mommies and stay happy to have a healthy bb.

Judyn3o

Hi Pampered Pwincess,

I will be 7 weeks tomorrow. :) Ya I woke up 2-3 times every middle of nights to pee. Making me even more tired in the morning. I feel that sometimes my tummy shows, sometimes it don't shows. Haha. Bloated and really a lot of gas. Always feel like want to burp or vomit but nothing out! Very frustrated. Go toilet to 'do business' also takes me long time. Don't dare to squeeze. Haha. What about your appetite? I can't eat much... Easily full and then bloated... Follow by those symptoms again. I try to break my meals to few times i/o 3. Also, I'm always sleepy. I can wake up 10am, nap 4-5plus then night time sleep at 9.30 or 10pm.

I am also looking forward to have my bb scan this Thurs. Guess I can see my bb's heartbeat. :) excited.

Oh ya! Do u feel like stomachache? Its a short ache and nothing out - just passing gas. Lol. I don't know is it due to too much gas... Going to ask my gynae soon.

Will update. :)

Judyn3o

Thanks. Haha. Glad that someone out there feels almost what I am feeling. I'm not alone. Ya. My hubby also bought alot of food and milk. I cant even swallow them let alone finishing. Lol. All waiting to expire only. Waste $. Now no appetite should be normal but after 1st trim which is 3 mths later, we gotta eat as much as we can.

I took one month unpaid leaves to rest. I buay tahan Liao. Lol

Judyn3o

Hi Pampered Pwincess

Thanks. I'm ok. Just that this is my first pregnancy. I'm more 'gan jiong' and also my work is kinda stress. I don't want to add additional stress during this first trimester. So far I have not seen my gynae yet so beside hormones pills and folic acids, there ain't any others. Tomorrow I will tell my gynae all the symptoms I have. See what supplement she will prescribes.

Anyway, knowing that u hv seen ur bb's heartbeats makes me feel so... Oh... So cute... Hehe! Happy for u too! I'm looking forward to mine tomorrow. I will make sure I drink enough water to hv a clearer scan.

So u actually 6 weeks plus or 7 weeks? U miscalculate? I hope I can eat more too but first trim usually can't eat that much. Easily bloated. I eat so little. Hmm... Sigh and my weight hasn't increase any.

Will update again! :)

Judyn3o

Update:
Went for ultrasound on tummy and thru virginal today. I thought I am at my 7 weeks but bb is measure only 6 weeks. Gynae said I could be only 6 weeks instead of 7 as she doesn't know when exactly the sperm meets the egg.

U/S shows the water bag as well as my bb but no heartbeats detected. It could be because it is too small to detect. I am asked to have another scan on next week.

I am quite worry and sad. I hope this is normal and I will be able to see my bb's healthy heartbeat in the next scan.

Has anyone face the same problem like I do? Or anyone pls advise me... So sad.

Judyn3o

Thanks dear. I try not to think neg. Gynae said bb measure 6 weeks but she didn't mention how many days so I assume it's 6 weeks exactly. First time preg. A lot of qns I think I was too gan jiong and forgot to ask. When she said she can't c the heartbeats, my heart is sank... But she keep telling me not to worry so much and to give my bb sometimes to develop. *sigh* I pray hard that my bb will be fine.

mrswan

Hi congrats to all first time mummies,

You all remind me of my pregnancy, my girl is 6th month now. I can understand how you all feel, esp 1st tri is the scariest. Just sharing my experience:

Im irregular so ppl told me it maybe hard to conceive. Lucky for me, we tried 2 mths and got pregnant. At first I tested, positive, went to clinic test, oso positive. So we cant wait, went to kk did scan but cannot see anything. We worried is ectopic pregnancy. Did blood test, HCG level low. So puzzled whether im pregnant or not, so I just wait for another week. Get a gynae and scan again, spot bb heartbeat at ard 6 wks. So happy and I just act as normal, I dont know much of what I should do. At that time we are moving office so alot of movement, my symptom not so bad too. As usual went check up and scan, heartbeat still there, 3 days later I noticed brown spotting and was worried, next morning very sharp pain at my abdomen. Rushed to see my gynae, he start to worry as he cant find the heartbeat, sent me to TMC to do detailed scan. No heartbeat sound, my heart drop and start to cry. I had miscarriage at 8 wks.

But we didnt give up, we tried again after 2 mths even change gynae for luck. Still no news so I bought eys bai feng wan to strengthen my body but the salesgirl said cannot eat if im preg. So that night tested, a very very faint line appeared. ??? in my head, so I waited another week to test again. This time the line is darker so went to my gynae scan, only see york sac, no heartbeat. Did blood test, same result HCG low. So waited another week or more, there is my girl's heartbeat in 6wks. This time I can feel the pregnancy is strong, 1st tri very bad symptom and you will notice weight drop but is ok, you gain back in 2nd tri, where you will start enjoying food hahaha... 3rd tri is more on bb weight, getting heavier and tiring.

She is very active inside me, noticed her movement in 16wks, confirmed gender in 20wks during detailed scan. You will get to see your bb longer cos of measuring, esp measure heart. She keep moving and the nurse cant see her heart so got to go walk walk and back again. Think it took us half hr to do all the measurement hahaha..

Overall is all about worried and worried thru out the pregnancy but of cos try to be relax and happy. Baby will feel how mummy feel so be calm and enjoy. Pls minimize your movement as much as you can, dont stand too long, walk too much during 1st tri. I didnt listen at first on my first preg alt we did asked gynae why this happened to me, he said sometimes when sperm and egg met, the process went wrong that cause miscarriage. Nothing to do with what I eat or do, it just happened. Whatever it is, pls do not give up.

All the best to your pregnancy... :)

mrswan

Thanks dear. I try not to think neg. Gynae said bb measure 6 weeks but she didn't mention how many days so I assume it's 6 weeks exactly. First time preg. A lot of qns I think I was too gan jiong and forgot to ask. When she said she can't c the heartbeats, my heart is sank... But she keep telling me not to worry so much and to give my bb sometimes to develop. *sigh* I pray hard that my bb will be fine.
Judyn3o, ya dont worry, sometimes gynae will get the week wrong. Like my case, my gynae said my edd in first wk of Nov. Then after my detailed scan (oscar scan), they noticed my baby is bigger so amended my edd to 3rd wk of Nov hahaha.. I tot I ate too much... gynae just give rough estimation based on your last menses, sometimes not accurate so dont worry k :)

Judyn3o

Thanks Mrswan

Ya. 1st trim is really the most fragile months. I really really hope that god will give me a chance to be good mother.

Today my symptoms seem to improve. Not as tired as before except of the cramping or stretching (I wonder are these two feeling the same?) However gynae told me that cramping is normal during pregnancy as long as there is no bleeding.

Now, I'm looking forward to my next scan. Hope it's a good scan.

Thanks ladies... Appreciate much.

mrswan

Thanks Mrswan

Ya. 1st trim is really the most fragile months. I really really hope that god will give me a chance to be good mother.

Today my symptoms seem to improve. Not as tired as before except of the cramping or stretching (I wonder are these two feeling the same?) However gynae told me that cramping is normal during pregnancy as long as there is no bleeding.

Now, I'm looking forward to my next scan. Hope it's a good scan.

Thanks ladies... Appreciate much.
Yes is normal, think the feeling is abt the same, your body is preparing for your pregnancy. Hehe more to come, nauseous, heartburn, alot of gas etc...