2 months old Baby

Serene1677

Hi,

my DS is going to be 2 mths old , but now he is drinking 80ml = (1 scoop + Half scoop lesser abit), is it too Less??. He drink every 2 hr (Day), everytime finish his milk, at night He will sleep 3-4 hrs then to Feed, but i will increase abit if the time drag longer.

He poo about 3 times a day, When he is 1 month old his weight is 4.7 kg, so now i think is about 5.++kg ba.

Any mummies out there can share the exp, of giving how much milk to your Bb.

Thank You!

cyssie

my boy is 2months + 9 days... he has been drinking 90 ml since birth...when he was 1.5 months i tried to increase to 100 then 120..but he vomited a few times..so now i change back to feeding him 90 mls (3 ozs) then top up with breastfeeding each time..

CanCanMum

was using an oz feeding bottle tat time: 1 Fluid Ounces (US) = 29.5735 Millilitres

birth = 2 oz (feed every 1.5hours)
2-3 m = 3 oz (1.5 to 2 hr interval)
4-5m = 4-5oz (2 to 3 hr interval)

wad i did was gradually increase his intake so tat he can last longer than 2 hrs.

Serene1677

my boy is 2months + 9 days... he has been drinking 90 ml since birth...when he was 1.5 months i tried to increase to 100 then 120..but he vomited a few times..so now i change back to feeding him 90 mls (3 ozs) then top up with breastfeeding each time..

Hi cyssie, and the milk powder scoops? ard how much do you put for 90ml??:wong19:

Serene1677

was using an oz feeding bottle tat time: 1 Fluid Ounces (US) = 29.5735 Millilitres

birth = 2 oz (feed every 1.5hours)
2-3 m = 3 oz (1.5 to 2 hr interval)
4-5m = 4-5oz (2 to 3 hr interval)

wad i did was gradually increase his intake so tat he can last longer than 2 hrs.

Hi cancanmun, he drink 2hr Sharp in Day time, when cum to night time he will sleep longer like 3-4 hr, dan i will increase extra like 10ml for him, i dont dare give too much scare he vomit, but i saw the forum some mummies give 100-120ml to 2mth BB leh...HeHe:wong19:

autumn82

Hi Serene,

My DS drinking patterns as follows:
0-1mth - 90ml (2hrly)
1-3mth - 120ml (3hrly)
3-4mth - 150ml (3hrly)

Usually, 1 scoop of formula = 30ml of water (1oz), so 90ml of water would be 3 scoops of formula. (I'm using Enfalac)

Try to lengthen the feeding interval from 2hrs to 3hrs, prob day by day, 10-15mins.. Yr bb will get used to it. Try all ways (sing/cuddle/talk/toys) to lengthen so u won't feel as thou u're feeding 24hrs non-stop.. Haha. I used to feel tt way.. :p

I intend to stick to 3 hrly feeding interval but increase his milk intake bit by bit then slowly introduce semi solids. Heh. :)

Actually, if u were to calculate the milk intake of 90ml u're giving ur bb every 2hrly, it's actually abt the same as those giving 3hrly 100-120ml of milk. So must as well save urself the hassle of feeding @ every 2hrly. Hee.

Last edited:

CanCanMum

Hi cancanmun, he drink 2hr Sharp in Day time, when cum to night time he will sleep longer like 3-4 hr, dan i will increase extra like 10ml for him, i dont dare give too much scare he vomit, but i saw the forum some mummies give 100-120ml to 2mth BB leh...HeHe:wong19:
ya mee too...last time scare he throw up everything...but my boy is always hungry....lols...

Ah Cheng

As for my boy, he mood swing leh. He is 6wks now. When I makes 90ml, he still want more. When I makes 120ml, he only drink 90ml. Headache man!! So now always give him 90ml 1st, if he still want, then make another 30ml for him.

Your baby seems bigger ya, mine is only 4.3kg now. very small size!

DodoTan

my son takes about 100ml every 2hrs. Sometimes less than 2hrs hungry liao. Tried to give him more at one go but once he's had enough, he'll kick the bottle out with his tongue, so not much I can do.

He was born 50th percentile in terms of height and weight: 3.14kg and 50cm. But now he's doubled his weight and grown 11cm and is at the 97th percentile in terms of height and weight. So tall my boy. Like his daddy... :p

Last edited:

Serene1677

Hi Serene,

My DS drinking patterns as follows:
0-1mth - 90ml (2hrly)
1-3mth - 120ml (3hrly)
3-4mth - 150ml (3hrly)

Usually, 1 scoop of formula = 30ml of water (1oz), so 90ml of water would be 3 scoops of formula. (I'm using Enfalac)

Try to lengthen the feeding interval from 2hrs to 3hrs, prob day by day, 10-15mins.. Yr bb will get used to it. Try all ways (sing/cuddle/talk/toys) to lengthen so u won't feel as thou u're feeding 24hrs non-stop.. Haha. I used to feel tt way.. :p

I intend to stick to 3 hrly feeding interval but increase his milk intake bit by bit then slowly introduce semi solids. Heh. :)

Actually, if u were to calculate the milk intake of 90ml u're giving ur bb every 2hrly, it's actually abt the same as those giving 3hrly 100-120ml of milk. So must as well save urself the hassle of feeding @ every 2hrly. Hee.
Hi82,

i am giving my DS S-26 Gold, now i slowly start giving him 90ml = 1+1/2 scoop of milk powder.....3 scoops i scare toO thick leh:001_302:....But he only daytime drink 2 hr, when 7pm start, hehe he will sleep 3-5hr without waking up for feed:err: Funny leh, everday the same, or mayb he know is nighttime aready...Sure 7pm de:001_302:

Serene1677

As for my boy, he mood swing leh. He is 6wks now. When I makes 90ml, he still want more. When I makes 120ml, he only drink 90ml. Headache man!! So now always give him 90ml 1st, if he still want, then make another 30ml for him.

Your baby seems bigger ya, mine is only 4.3kg now. very small size!
Hehe, ya sumtime can see he still want more, but i never give him more, scare is too much for him, but i will give him alitte water after ard 10-20 mins later after his feed.

:tlaugh:When he is born, 3.742kg.

autumn82

Hi82,

i am giving my DS S-26 Gold, now i slowly start giving him 90ml = 1+1/2 scoop of milk powder.....3 scoops i scare toO thick leh:001_302:....But he only daytime drink 2 hr, when 7pm start, hehe he will sleep 3-5hr without waking up for feed:err: Funny leh, everday the same, or mayb he know is nighttime aready...Sure 7pm de:001_302:
Erm.. Not too sure abt S-26 serving, but as written on the tin, 90ml only 1&1/2 scoops of formula? Is it too little? As in, the formula is supposed to give baby more nutrients, then if cut down until 1/2x the formula..

Won't it mean that bb gets lesser nutrients coz 0-6mths milk is very impt for development growth. If u're afraid that bb might be heaty, can give water in between feeds? Or prob 2 scoops to 90ml. Hee.

Usually, I'll lessen the formula only when he's running fever. Otherwise, will be full scoops. Then will give 2-3oz of water per day.

It's good that ur bb can recognize that 7pm means sleeping time!! Hee. Very impt for mummy coz means more rest.. :)

Since DS came bk from the hospital, I started putting him to sleep @ 6.30pm. In the start, he was crying like one kind but I let him be. After 1 week, he got used to it or maybe he noes mummy's not gonna care even if he cry ur lungs out. :tlaugh: If I let him sleep later like 7.30pm, he will fuss quite abit..

But recently, very happy~~ He started sleeping thru since 6.30pm-6.30am~~ :Dancing_wub:Then I'll quick get DH to make 180ml of milk for him (kiasu mummy, scare whole nite never drink, hungry.. :p) and he finished it all!

Serene1677

my son takes about 100ml every 2hrs. Sometimes less than 2hrs hungry liao. Tried to give him more at one go but once he's had enough, he'll kick the bottle out with his tongue, so not much I can do.

He was born 50th percentile in terms of height and weight: 3.14kg and 50cm. But now he's doubled his weight and grown 11cm and is at the 97th percentile in terms of height and weight. So tall my boy. Like his daddy... :p
Hi Dodo, when ur DS how many mths old u feed him 100ml? How many scoop milk pwder?...and which brand?..Ya sumtime even reach 2hr, he hungry, esp after he poo, he will get hungry..

3.742kg when born, height 52cm,when 1 mth old abt 4.7kg height 60cm...Now 2 mths old liao hvn go weight, maybe nxt mth bring him go jab then weight

:shyxxx:Your boy so CuTe!!!

autumn82

Hehe, ya sumtime can see he still want more, but i never give him more, scare is too much for him, but i will give him alitte water after ard 10-20 mins later after his feed.

:tlaugh:When he is born, 3.742kg.
Wah... 3.742kg!! Mine only 2.85kg when born. But 1mth old, balloon to 5.9kg.. :tlaugh:

autumn is right - ur bb should be on 3-hrly by now. if every two hrs he keep crying it might have already become a habit for him e.g. "oh now is feeding time i must drink until this much so that next feed i can drink that much & make mummy happy again!"

extend his feeds gradually - you can choose to do this weekly or if you want faster then mebbe every 2 days
day 1 & 2 - every 2hr 15 mins
day 3 & 4 - every 2 hr 30 mins
etc

if he seems to only still be taking his usual intake - don't worry. with the extended intervals he will DEFINITELY get hungry & slowly will DEFINITELY drink more!

autumn82

Hi Dodo, when ur DS how many mths old u feed him 100ml? How many scoop milk pwder?...and which brand?..Ya sumtime even reach 2hr, he hungry, esp after he poo, he will get hungry..

3.742kg when born, height 52cm,when 1 mth old abt 4.7kg height 60cm...Now 2 mths old liao hvn go weight, maybe nxt mth bring him go jab then weight

:shyxxx:Your boy so CuTe!!!
She feeds him DodoTan brand milk.. :tlaugh:

Serene1677

Erm.. Not too sure abt S-26 serving, but as written on the tin, 90ml only 1&1/2 scoops of formula? Is it too little? As in, the formula is supposed to give baby more nutrients, then if cut down until 1/2x the formula..

Won't it mean that bb gets lesser nutrients coz 0-6mths milk is very impt for development growth. If u're afraid that bb might be heaty, can give water in between feeds? Or prob 2 scoops to 90ml. Hee.

Usually, I'll lessen the formula only when he's running fever. Otherwise, will be full scoops. Then will give 2-3oz of water per day.

It's good that ur bb can recognize that 7pm means sleeping time!! Hee. Very impt for mummy coz means more rest.. :)

Since DS came bk from the hospital, I started putting him to sleep @ 6.30pm. In the start, he was crying like one kind but I let him be. After 1 week, he got used to it or maybe he noes mummy's not gonna care even if he cry ur lungs out. :tlaugh: If I let him sleep later like 7.30pm, he will fuss quite abit..

But recently, very happy~~ He started sleeping thru since 6.30pm-6.30am~~ :Dancing_wub:Then I'll quick get DH to make 180ml of milk for him (kiasu mummy, scare whole nite never drink, hungry.. :p) and he finished it all!
:wong19:from the Tin
Babay weight 4.5 - 5.5 Kg 1-3mths 120ml 2scoops
6.5 kg 3-6mths 180ml 3 scoops

:001_302:Yes, i will give him some water in between feeds....Becos in afternoon he dun sleep much the most 30mins - 1Hr, dun noe why leh, since birth....ya when 7pm he start sleeping, then i can watch Tv,play with my DD, etc.

mine will wakeup abt 2-3 times @ midnight....me so tired:embarrassed:, is like giving all my times to my DD & DS...That's is a Mama Life:001_302:

Serene1677

autumn is right - ur bb should be on 3-hrly by now. if every two hrs he keep crying it might have already become a habit for him e.g. "oh now is feeding time i must drink until this much so that next feed i can drink that much & make mummy happy again!"

extend his feeds gradually - you can choose to do this weekly or if you want faster then mebbe every 2 days
day 1 & 2 - every 2hr 15 mins
day 3 & 4 - every 2 hr 30 mins
etc

if he seems to only still be taking his usual intake - don't worry. with the extended intervals he will DEFINITELY get hungry & slowly will DEFINITELY drink more!
:wong19:Okay thanks Wee, i will slowly try this out.

Thanks Mummies:001_302: