2 year old with eczema and dry skin

kywenyi

hi, i need help here..

my son have eczema and dry skin since birth. i've been using pureen yoghurt head to toe to bath him. he was okay until today i see that he have dry flakes on his hair. i was thinking of changing his shampoo and body wash to QV KIDS, they have a range suitable for eczema.

please guide me with handling eczema kids. our appointment at the nsc will be at next month. i'm want to hear what doctor says before i change to QV kids.

my eldest girl also had eczema and dry skin since birth. what matters most is to keep the skin moisturised all the time. For my girl, it was so bad that if she perspires, she'll break out in rash. I used pureen yoghurt body wash.

When there is still rash, u need to treat it first. I got the cream from my pd but bear in mind that these creams contains steroid so not good to use a lot or for a long period of time. Once she's not scratching, I'll put moisturiser on her. 2-3 times a day. I used QV kids moisturising lotion and I must say that it is very good. Even my pd said that it is good.

I was worried when my girl entered childcare as I felt bad asking the teacher to put moisturiser for her many times a day. Thankfully, she rarely has breakouts now (I can't remember when was the last time she was scratching). Now, I only put moisturiser for her once a day.

barberwyatt

Well, I suggest you to keep baby away from environment situations. Make sure that you baby will stay moisturized and also in cool place. Ensure that you baby wears are loose and light. Avoid giving hot water bath to your baby.

isabelandrew

my girl s declared an encemza kid. I applied canus goat milk lotion everyday. its better now.

PD said JNJ s too dry. u need to let ur kid use PH balance body shampoo.:)

summertime

My son also has very bad eczema . We bring him to 5 doc nothing work , till this doc John chiam. U can search his name shld b able to find some review on him . My son eczema finally control n stop all the scratching

Lim2528

My boy is also eczema since after 3mths old... easily get rashes. We used moogoo product since Aug, that contain non-steriod to keep him moisture for his skin. I should said that he his skin condition improved a lot. If you have face book, you can find this from the Poshbaby shop where I got it from there.

yeng

I won't recommend QV kids or QV for yr son. Although it is marketed to be safe for eczema and recommended by doc, I find that most of their products have some irritants or problematic ingredients in them. Like their wash, I was surprise to see that it contains "retinyl palmitate". This causes cancer. I use it for a few yrs on my kids and myself before I started to really look into the ingredients. I trusted my GP then.

I have hives myself for 5 yrs now and is a NCS patient. Had a little eczema end of last yr. Thus am very careful with what I put on myself and my kids. My dad is also with NCS for many many yrs now with eczema. They can only offer steriod creams :( my condition is finally under control with the help of a naturopath.

I would recommend you use non-fragrance stuff on him. also nothing with preservative in them. this will include hand soap as well as shampoos. also you can start him on probiotics and flaxseed oil. this will help flush out the toxins in this body and skin healing and a whole host of other health benefits (immune system, digestion...). you might also want to abstain from certain food: wheat, milk, nuts... understand that eczema is actually not a skin problem. the skin is just a way for the body to release the toxins via rashes. we need to cure internally. moisturizers and steriod creams will not cure but relief.

I tried sourcing for these safer personal care in sin but so ex. So I went online to get all my natural handwash, bodywash, supplements and also gluten-free food (try rice cakes!) from online. This is a highly affordable place to get them (let me know if you need a discount code $10 off):
iHerb.com - Vitamins, Supplements & Natural Health Products

Hope this helps.

you may want to try Allano aloe vera gel and body lotion. Its very gentle to the skin yet very moisturizing to the skin.
at the same time, build up his immune system by children supplements like mulitvitamins, Vit C and protein based food.

Last edited:

happymonsta

my boy has eczema too.. i use organic mild skincare for him... and try to have organic cotton wear or at least 100% cotton wear for him.. he has sensitive skin.. so i have to be real careful

ecila23

My five years old girl have eczema since birth... I tried all ways and seen many doc... The treatment is found was, rolling her clothes and bedding with those sticky tapes from daiso, dehumidifier in her room, and cream cloderm ( prescribed from skin center, only apply once when rashes appear and the next day it will be gone) so far her ezcema did not reappear since I used cloderm twice with above method. I use normal j&j baby bath on her.

ftlad

My girl also has eczema. I use Atopiclair (non-steroid) to treat her eczema rashes and moisturise her with Physiogel AI cream. For bath, I use Isoderm.

JossCruz

Hi

I am going to say what helps with skin problem but most people might not be able to accept it. It's organic (make sure it is) cold-pressed extra virgin coconut oil.
My children and I (proud to say) have beautiful, subtle, soft skin :)) hehe

lauwong

Derml

I used this brand for my 4 months old baby when she developed Eczema 2 weeks ago. With constantly apply this product every 2 hours i found that my baby gal face Eczema problem gone in 3 days. This product without any steroid so is really suitable for children. I have couple new one which i want to let go at $50 for each pack (brand new sealed).

Feel free to PM me your contact and see how we can trade. If you want, i can also whatspp you my baby gal recent pictures to show how amazing this product is

God bless to all Eczema kids

mbcdn

I have a solution that takes away the itch. You can put it on at night when your child falls asleep. it helps with the itch. If you want more information, please let me know.

cheriedaz

hi ladies,
Im a mother of three, my eldest is also suffering from eczema.. i have changed his diet, eliminate dairy ,caffeine and sugar.. he's only 5yo,so what i did was to reduce his dairy, i changed his formula to goats milk and reduce his sugar intake.

And i will try to avoid syntethic lotion.. im using essential oil instead. I was not a never really a believer of essential oil or natural remedy till my gf intro to me as she used it on her family..i tried & i never looked back since. u can try..for those who are interested in using natural remedy instead. =)

** btw, im not sellingn here, i only want to share my experience using essential oil :)

eczema.jpg

c21bfb8f1fc2cb7755092c8537c0c487.jpg