20, not married & pregnant.

Andrxa

What should I do? Just started my job. Just got confirmed by the company. Now how should I break the news? I don't know how to face my boss or my colleague. But if I resign, I wouldn't have any income except my bf's.

U should be honest and tell your boss right away, no point delaying since u didn't mean to hide it anyway. Need not resign also.

Andrxa

I am currently a few weeks preggy. Less than a month....though the company confirmed me. But 3 months + isn't stable enough and that is what that is making me afraid. :(

hpc

I am currently a few weeks preggy. Less than a month....though the company confirmed me. But 3 months + isn't stable enough and that is what that is making me afraid. :(
Hi
are u fully prepared to be unwed mummy?Is ur family members supportive?This is not going to be easy for u to care of the baby urself?If anything happen,touchwood,family support is very important.Cost of bringing up a bay is very high,milk powder,diaper,clothings,medical,babysitter fee,later go to childcare,get sick easily....etc
I support u have the courage to make the decission.If u are in the east,maybe I can help u.Think twice,this is a long way........

Andrxa

Hi
are you fully prepared to be unwed mummy?Is your family members supportive?This is not going to be easy for you to care of the baby yourself?If anything happen,touchwood,family support is very important.Cost of bringing up a bay is very high,milk powder,diaper,clothings,medical,babysitter fee,later go to childcare,get sick easily....etc
I support you have the courage to make the decission.If you are in the east,maybe I can help you.Think twice,this is a long way........

If we keep this baby, we will get married. Me and my bf have been tgt for 4 years +. We are both working though. Now it's not whether can we support the baby or not. But I don't know how to break this news to my boss. I'm a confirmed staff. But....how am I to face my colleagues being a non-married and yet, young mummy? I'm scared of what people would say. :(

Mashiiii

Hi:) I learnt that im preggy last year right after I quit my job to join another company. I was 25. Single as well. I was thinking to tell the company only after I join (MOM states that you only need to notify 1 week before u go on ur ml) or before I join or after my confirmation. In the end. I told b4 I join and told them it's ok if they don't hire me. But they end up insisting me to join as per scheduled. Gave me time off for me to arrange my marriage and pre-natal check ups etc. My bosses and colleagues were understanding and they appreciated my honesty. After my ml, I quitted to be a temporary sahm. They did not blame me and in fact encouraged me and told me to alert them should I want to return to the workforce. It is eaiser to be upfront and honest. Telling early is better than late. And your baby should be more important than anything. Just my 2 cents worth of sharing:) Jiayous mummy.

creamm

Hi Andrxa,

First thing first, get married.
Then you dont hv to worry abt people saying things abt u.

U can announce your pregnancy when baby is about 3 months (stable).

FYI, u must be legally married to qualify for full-fledged maternity leave.
Also, u must work in the company for at least 6 months before u go on maternity leave.
Since u are already a confirmed staff (worked there for 3 months), dont worry so much.

Take good care of yourself. Dont stress so much.

Andrxa

Hi:) I learnt that im preggy last year right after I quit my job to join another company. I was 25. Single as well. I was thinking to tell the company only after I join (MOM states that you only need to notify 1 week before u go on ur ml) or before I join or after my confirmation. In the end. I told b4 I join and told them it's ok if they don't hire me. But they end up insisting me to join as per scheduled. Gave me time off for me to arrange my marriage and pre-natal check ups etc. My bosses and colleagues were understanding and they appreciated my honesty. After my ml, I quitted to be a temporary sahm. They did not blame me and in fact encouraged me and told me to alert them should I want to return to the workforce. It is eaiser to be upfront and honest. Telling early is better than late. And your baby should be more important than anything. Just my 2 cents worth of sharing:) Jiayous mummy.
were you afraid of how your colleagues would look at you and all..? :(

Mashiiii

Nope. It's also not like I'm a teenage girl with no earning power:) in fact, u are in a better situation than me. U and ur bf has been tgt for 4 yrs plus, but me and my bf were together for only like 5 months? Haha. I were shocked initially, but I quickly made plans to welcome this little life into my life. She is now my precious 9mo bbg. I don't care about how others look at me. It's my life and I live the way I want. I will be responsible for my actions. And just in my opinion, if your company cannot accept that you are pregnant now, you should not continue after you give birth as well. There are many companies who are understanding to their employees being a mother. :)

Dhiya Liyana

Hi. Im 24, unmarried and pregnant.. i just gt confirmed by my employer, i told them i was pregnant the moment i found out i was. When they hire me, they suspected n thought i was pregnant. It took me 26 weeks to know i was pregnant, becoz i went for pregnancy test, did the kits, none was positive. Until i felt a kick!! My baby bump is very small.. so at first ididnt suspect anything.

I feel u shud tell uremployer.. im sure they will understand my dear..

mummyapp

Hi Andrxa!

People will always gossip no matter what. It's just our human nature to judge others. So I agree with Mashiiii, that it is your life and you have the right to live the way that you want, as long as you're being responsible for your actions. It's not like there aren't young unmarried mums out there also.

Don't worry too much to stress yourself out, take care ^^

MommySg

Hi gal, no need to be bothered with what your colleagues say or think. Because no matter what, people are bound to gossip. After talking, they will move on to other things to say.

sleepypiggy

Just want to support you that its definitely alright for you to let your employer know of your pregnancy. But i will suggest you do that after the fourth month such that they will not be able to terminate you without a valid reason. However, there are many employers who are understanding and if they think that you are a value added employee, they will support you no matter what. So dont worry too much and be a happy mommy. :)