2011 - Anyone doing IVF? Succes?

maddie

I can see a bit of the effect already. Ha Ha!!! *Winks!*

U try with Chinese medi n folic acid then u c the effect of it... Cos if mix too many u dunno where the effect come from...
Diff doc will hav diff advise... U just follow her instruction for 2-3 mths u c ur effect k ... =)

nostalgia

You all only take folic? How about other vitamins? I have been taking Blackmores Conceive Well Gold. It has fish oil and everything.
I'm also undergoing TCM herbs & acupuncture. Not sure if acupuncture helps anything but it does make me feel more relaxed.

maddie

What other effect wor? Whether I am preggie? That one I am not sure wor. Whether my womb is sticky? I guess gradually it is. I duno.

ohhh.....tt one is normal la.....effect of chinese medicine.....=)

im not toking abt this kind of effect

Sabbychew

Hi all,
Am back. First day Lucrin so far so good. Just get acute headaches and eye popping feel. Otherwise all is good.
I really hope to have a successful cycle... Please...... Just one healthy baby. Boy or girl ain't matter.
Dragon or not ain't matter... Just a child I will be so so grateful!!!!

babymoo

sabbychew, r u on the egg transfer cycle? I'm starting mine tmr !!!

Hi all,
Am back. First day Lucrin so far so good. Just get acute headaches and eye popping feel. Otherwise all is good.
I really hope to have a successful cycle... Please...... Just one healthy baby. Boy or girl ain't matter.
Dragon or not ain't matter... Just a child I will be so so grateful!!!!

maddie

Dr. Su cHUN Lin is from Fu Nan Traditional Chinese Medicine Centre.

Address : BLK 152 BUKIT BATOK ST 11 (WEST AVE 6)
#01-266 SINGAPORE (650152)
TEL: 6896-1618

The consultation hours where she is available in the clinic are as follows:-
Monday - 8.30 - 12.00pm / 6.00-9.00pm
Tuesday - 8.30-12.00pm
Wednesday - 8.30 - 12.00pm
Thursday - CLOSED
Friday - 8.30 - 12.00pm / 6.00-9.00pm
Saturday - 1.30 - 5.00pm
Sunday - 8.30 - 1.00pm
Public Holidays - CLOSED

I see. Good Luck! Where is this Dr Su from? Sorry I might have missed it in the prev posts

Last edited:

nostalgia

I find this very inspiring. Link below:
Disabled mother Tricia McHale speaks of fears her daughter would be taken into care | Mail Online

For over two decades, Tricia, 40 and Steven, 44, from Armley, Leeds believed they would never become parents. Now, they call Elizabeth Mary their 'miracle baby.'

Tricia has been mentally and physically disabled since a tragic road accident aged 13. As she made her way to the sweet shop, a reckless driver knocked her down. She lay in a coma for eight weeks, with a further five weeks spent on a children's ward. Tricia sustained massive brain damage and, according to Steven, possible learning difficulties. The terrible head injury she suffered meant she lost mobility in her right hand and leg, leaving her unsteady on her feet and unable to walk more than a few steps without support. The accident also left Trish with speech and comprehension difficulties, as well as memory loss that means she often repeats herself or struggles to remember facts and events.
Over the years though, despite the challenges they knew they would face, both Tricia and Steven became overwhelmed by a yearning to become parents.
Five years ago, they decided to try to conceive. When despite their careful calculations nothing was happening, they sought help.
It was found that fertility problems were not the issue. Rather, Tricia's disability was making it physically difficult for the two to connect in such a way that intercourse would result in pregnancy.

The couple saved for a course of IVF which did result in a pregnancy. Sadly, Tricia miscarried between 10 and 12 weeks. A second attempt also ended in early miscarriage.

Dejected, the two began saving for another course of IVF. In the meantime, they experimented with other methods of insemination. Before they had embarked upon the second round of IVF, Tricia was stunned to find that she had finally managed to fall pregnant without IVF.
Both were elated - but given their history of miscarriage, they were reluctant to celebrate too soon. As the pregnancy progressed, despite the physical toll carrying a child had on Tricia, the McHales were able to relax.
But then a new fear took over. Tricia had read about a disabled woman whose baby was taken away from her by the social services.

babymoo

ya frozen embryo transfer...
cos i hav been waiting n waiting n waiting......when waiting for ivf to start doc say 2 mths for the whole cycle....after ER say i can't ET immediately.....then nw wait till menses come to start FET say need 2 mths.... =_=

U mean frozen embryo transfer (FET)? Why sad?

maddie

I didn't know that FET need to take 2 months. But I do know that to start the process, must wait for menses to come..So I guess is around that length of time..

ya frozen embryo transfer...
cos i hav been waiting n waiting n waiting......when waiting for ivf to start doc say 2 mths for the whole cycle....after ER say i can't ET immediately.....then nw wait till menses come to start FET say need 2 mths.... =_=