2011 - Anyone doing IVF? Succes?

maddie

Dear All,

I am also giving up already. Tried the Natural cycle for FET...but then the silly follicle just did not grow after the 3rd scan. Extremely affect my mood and sad that I decided to abort the process. So much so for trying and hoping...

mymiracle

To all ladies, please dont give up whenever that's still a chance there... i am trying all ways and all suggestion that i listen too...

my hubby was very upset too.. esp people ard us are all father / mother already... he is giving up but i told myself not too... so long i can i will keep trying till the last....

please we have each other support and advice.. im sure god will really re-consider again... :)

im sad and hopeless too but i am not giving up, every mth i knew the answer but i still wana try try try!

nostalgia

Yup I agree, please don't give up.... there is always a reason behind the failure. This is not gambling or lottery, as long as you can find out the reason and treat it, you'll be able to succeed eventually (unless u r in menopause)... if the doc don't know, change to a better doc, push for tests... don't give up and keep fighting!

Isaac1112

dear all

i agree with mymiracle & nostalagia don't give up!
I had a total of 7 IVF before success this yr!

Jul 2004 HSG- fallopian tubes patent, IUI ?2 cycles

Nov 2004 1st ISCI at TMC (age 27- when doctors think I was still young...was working full time & did not take MC during the 2ww)

Mar 2005 FET at TMC (again no 2ww rest- worked throughout. after menses came dr told me to "relax" & try TCM, recommended me 2 physicians- 1 at Chinatown area & 1 at Hougang)

Apr 2005 Rt endometriotic cyst, op done. at Mt E (quit my job, decided to "work" full time on trying to conceive and took only part time jobs. also decided I should changed gynae instead & wanted to removed my cyst-1cm+, previous gynae not for op as concerned will injure & was necessary to remove part of healthy ovarian tissues during op and also cyst was small & not increasing in size)

Oct 2005 ICSI at Mt E (was so confident then that this time= mummyhood! however, menses came exactly at the end of the 2ww, was in tears all the way home from clinic... decided to heed prev gynae advice on TCM- stayed in west & travelled every 2wks to hougang for followup. It was a night clinic, with terrible long queue reached home around 11pm & still had to boiled herbs for both hubby & myself. daily monitoring of temp was also required. we stuck to this crazy schedule for sllightly less than a year. due to the tremendous stress, our marriage was on the rocks...)

Apr 2007 FET at Mt E (hubby pushing to try IVF again...felt reluctant but went ahead. dr asked why i delayed treatment? Age 30 can't wait...just started full time job then, took 2wks leave after ET- still treatment failed...)

Jul 2007 ICSI at Mt E (another failed treatment, even by being "faithful" to bedrest and no housework don't seem to work...was so angry and disappointed with self...told hubby not to stress me and to go back to TCM but changed physician who prescribed pills/powdered herbs but that lasted only abt 6mths+)

May 2008 ICSI at Mt E (menses symptoms came during the 2ww after ET, urine HCG negative but IVF centre & gynae just wants me to proceed with serum HCG. i had followed all dr's instuctions so why failed? angry and numbed with sadness... thinking how many embroys- I've killed - each cycle placing 3 x 6 cycles= 18 embroys! Think I've hit depression- i had stopped attending any baby showers, close frds would even avoid mentioning pregnancies when I'm around...)

Feb 2012 FET at Mt E (1st Feb, accompanying a frd- a mom to be at the same gynae clinic turned out being encouraged to follow up. told hubby i was ready and he was happy to hear. apparently treatment protocols have since changed and this is my 1st time to have only 2 day 5 embroys transferred on 15th Feb. 2ww was still as torturous but was made bearable with NCC's sermon CDs & Nerida Walker's book & ta-dah now I am in my 9th week of pregnancy:tsmile:)

Heather

Makino, sorry to hear that ur IUI didnt succeed :( even when you are on a break, keep trying naturally... u never know what clicks.. my aunt was told that she would never conceive even with help, but like a miracle , she conceived naturally after 10 yrs of marriage..

mymiracle

dear all

i agree with mymiracle & nostalagia don't give up!
I had a total of 7 IVF before success this yr!

Jul 2004 HSG- fallopian tubes patent, IUI ?2 cycles

Nov 2004 1st ISCI at TMC (age 27- when doctors think I was still young...was working full time & did not take MC during the 2ww)

Mar 2005 FET at TMC (again no 2ww rest- worked throughout. after menses came dr told me to "relax" & try TCM, recommended me 2 physicians- 1 at Chinatown area & 1 at Hougang)

Apr 2005 Rt endometriotic cyst, op done. at Mt E (quit my job, decided to "work" full time on trying to conceive and took only part time jobs. also decided I should changed gynae instead & wanted to removed my cyst-1cm+, previous gynae not for op as concerned will injure & was necessary to remove part of healthy ovarian tissues during op and also cyst was small & not increasing in size)

Oct 2005 ICSI at Mt E (was so confident then that this time= mummyhood! however, menses came exactly at the end of the 2ww, was in tears all the way home from clinic... decided to heed prev gynae advice on TCM- stayed in west & travelled every 2wks to hougang for followup. It was a night clinic, with terrible long queue reached home around 11pm & still had to boiled herbs for both hubby & myself. daily monitoring of temp was also required. we stuck to this crazy schedule for sllightly less than a year. due to the tremendous stress, our marriage was on the rocks...)

Apr 2007 FET at Mt E (hubby pushing to try IVF again...felt reluctant but went ahead. dr asked why i delayed treatment? Age 30 can't wait...just started full time job then, took 2wks leave after ET- still treatment failed...)

Jul 2007 ICSI at Mt E (another failed treatment, even by being "faithful" to bedrest and no housework don't seem to work...was so angry and disappointed with self...told hubby not to stress me and to go back to TCM but changed physician who prescribed pills/powdered herbs but that lasted only abt 6mths+)

May 2008 ICSI at Mt E (menses symptoms came during the 2ww after ET, urine HCG negative but IVF centre & gynae just wants me to proceed with serum HCG. i had followed all dr's instuctions so why failed? angry and numbed with sadness... thinking how many embroys- I've killed - each cycle placing 3 x 6 cycles= 18 embroys! Think I've hit depression- i had stopped attending any baby showers, close frds would even avoid mentioning pregnancies when I'm around...)

Feb 2012 FET at Mt E (1st Feb, accompanying a frd- a mom to be at the same gynae clinic turned out being encouraged to follow up. told hubby i was ready and he was happy to hear. apparently treatment protocols have since changed and this is my 1st time to have only 2 day 5 embroys transferred on 15th Feb. 2ww was still as torturous but was made bearable with NCC's sermon CDs & Nerida Walker's book & ta-dah now I am in my 9th week of pregnancy:tsmile:)
Issac1112 - I AM REALLY HAPPY for you.. FINALLY!!! I bless the rest too... Keep trying n trying..:)

hi babylew

I think not. We are giving up. Its been 3 years and I'm really tired. I started spotting on D14p and menses came on D16p, full flagged. SO & I discussed this during the start of my 2WW and we decided that enough is enough. If I fail this SO-IUI, we will not attempt another fertility treatment again. He agreed I've done my best. We will not have any regrets later on in life. I rang my mother-in-law and told her about it. She's resigned to this and said too that it is just not fated to be.

I cannot help feeling disappointed even though I know we can continue our current lifestyle if we dont't have a 2nd baby but I feel so sorry, so apologetic to my son because he will be without siblings, that he will be alone after SO and I are gone. That it will be him alone to take care of us in our old age. There's a lot i feel sorry for. I missed having my own baby to cuddle, to kiss, to hug to nurse. I have to console myself it is just not meant to be. 3 gynaes, years of medications, traditional chinese medicine, acupuncture, 1 IVF, 1 SO-IUI. I think I really did try my best.

Anyway its just the emo me. Hope you guys have better luck than me. Hope God's blessing will be upon all of your girls striving to be mothers. Hope God's grace will see you through each and every step you girls take.
Dun be despair. I had a hard time conceiving too. My hubby n myself was married in 2008. We started trying for bb immediately aft marriage but 3 years later I was still not pregnant. We've tried a total of 4 IUIs and 1 IVF. All were unsuccessful. Juz as we were planning for another IVF, I managed to conceive naturally. Our boy is almost 5 mths old now. So u see.....miracles do happen. Dun give up. :)

Twinkle8899

Hi EuniceXie, I just did my first IVF with Dr Sadhana as my previous Gynae, Dr Loh (Magic hands) left to TFC. I've only 1 egg after extraction and this only egg didnt fertilised. Dr Sadhana suggest another round after few mth rests.

Was your IVF cycle a sucess with Dr Sadhana?

sphyaw

Hi everyone,
I haven't been posting for a while, but I have read some of your posts.

Makino, I really think there will still be a chance with another cycle of IVF.

I am also 38 going on 39 come june, and just managed to conceive through my 1st cycle of IVF with Dr Sadhana with twins! I am now 9 weeks preggie. I believe it is more of us patients and the gynae is around to provide advice if we need so. Every failure is a chance to review what we can do better the next round. I started with a SO-IUI and I was responsive to Puregon ( a bit too responsive, maybe). We were advised to convert to IVF, but we were totally unprepared, so we gave up that round. We went on to 2 rounds of unsuccessful IUIs before finally decided to embark on the IVF journey. I was glad I did the SO-IUI with good response first and I was put on the short protocol. Actually on the 2nd round of Puregon, my body did not respond as well and I only had 6 eggs extracted and 5 of them fertilised.

If any of you ask me, I would say my preparation started 4 years ago when I stopped drinking cold and icy drinks. Even on a hot day, I try to avoid cold drinks. And I gradually reduce my intake of ice cream. These are advices from my aunties and mother, but I believe there is some truth in womb preparation as they are all mothers.

So dun give up, all TTCers!

Twinkle8899

Hi everyone,
I have not't been posting for a while, but I have read some of your posts.

Makino, I really think there will still be a chance with another cycle of IVF.

I am also 38 going on 39 come june, and just managed to conceive through my 1st cycle of IVF with Dr Sadhana with twins! I am now 9 weeks preggie. I believe it is more of us patients and the gynae is around to provide advice if we need so. Every failure is a chance to review what we can do better the next round. I started with a SO-IUI and I was responsive to Puregon ( a bit too responsive, maybe). We were advised to convert to IVF, but we were totally unprepared, so we gave up that round. We went on to 2 rounds of unsuccessful IUIs before finally decided to embark on the IVF journey. I was glad I did the SO-IUI with good response first and I was put on the short protocol. Actually on the 2nd round of Puregon, my body did not respond as well and I only had 6 eggs extracted and 5 of them fertilised.

If any of you ask me, I would say my preparation started 4 years ago when I stopped drinking cold and icy drinks. Even on a hot day, I try to avoid cold drinks. And I gradually reduce my intake of ice cream. These are advices from my aunties and mother, but I believe there is some truth in womb preparation as they are all mothers.

So dont give up, all TTCers!
Hi Sphyaw,

Is Doc Sadhana good & attentive?

The chances are so much higher with many eggs extracted and fertilised. I only have
one egg & it didn't fertilised.

It's so depressing.

I will heed your advice of no cold drinks.

Thanks

LeSnowqueen

Fertility interview article 1 -small.jpg[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]

Hi ladies, I am new here. Basically, I've undergone 6 IVF attempts - 3 in Australia, and 3 in Singapore. We've had 1 ectopic, 3 miscarriages and 2 non pregnancies, but we've finally passed the first trimester for the first time! Wish us luck!

However, my purpose for posting here is to garner support for the legalisation of egg freezing for all women. Opinions voiced by doctors like Dr Tay Eng Hseon only makes things harder for people who have trouble TTC. We need to speak out against such dissenters!

[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]I should also add that Dr. Ann Tan is also fighting to legalize PGD (pre-implantation genetic diagnosis) so that we can screen embryos and select only the ones that are viable. This will mean less $$ and heartache for all of us undergoing an already painful and expensive process.

Look forward to your support at my facebook page!
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]

Please check out my Facebook opinion piece, comment and like it if you can - my dr, Dr Ann Tan, is fighting for this legislation and believes that we can do it with enough voices. Thank you!

Facebook: Daphne Hedley's Photos | Facebook
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

nostalgia

View attachment 76176

Hi ladies, I am new here. Basically, I've undergone 6 IVF attempts - 3 in Australia, and 3 in Singapore. We've had 1 ectopic, 3 miscarriages and 2 non pregnancies, but we've finally passed the first trimester for the first time! Wish us luck!

However, my purpose for posting here is to garner support for the legalisation of egg freezing for all women. Opinions voiced by doctors like Dr Tay Eng Hseon only makes things harder for people who have trouble TTC. We need to speak out against such dissenters!

I should also add that Dr. Ann Tan is also fighting to legalize PGD (pre-implantation genetic diagnosis) so that we can screen embryos and select only the ones that are viable. This will mean less $$ and heartache for all of us undergoing an already painful and expensive process.

Look forward to your support at my facebook page!

Please check out my Facebook opinion piece, comment and like it if you can - my dr, Dr Ann Tan, is fighting for this legislation and believes that we can do it with enough voices. Thank you!

Facebook: Daphne Hedley's Photos | Facebook
I agree that PGD should be allowed in Singapore. Not for gender selection, but to screen for and select normal embryos.

sphyaw

Hi Sphyaw,

Is Doc Sadhana good & attentive?

The chances are so much higher with many eggs extracted and fertilised. I only have
one egg & it didn't fertilised.

It's so depressing.

I will heed your advice of no cold drinks.

Thanks
Hi Twinkle8899,
I would say Dr Sadhana is a very experienced and friendly gynae, and her nurse told me she's always on the dot. Do not waste time of her patients. Do bear in mind that gynaes see a lot of patients and in between they have to conduct e.g. ET for patients, so I really do not expect my gynae to remember my details. Too bad Dr Sadhana cannot attend to me as my due date is end of the year and she's away, so I'll be changing to another gynae (Dr Kosher Goh) on my next appt.

I understand how sad and dissappointed you must be with the outcome of your IVF. Please take a good break, maybe a holiday, enjoy yourself and on your next appointment have a good discussion with your gynae on what other options you may have. I wish you success on the next try!

Babydust to all ladies!

Chun Yi

I read Isaac’s post of her trying 7 IVF before success. One brave soul and really an inspiration of not giving up if it’s really your dream of having a healthy baby. Miracle, indeed. You might also find this link http://www.anntan.com.sg/ivf.html helpful. Me and my hub’s doctor is Dr Ann Tan.

Wishing you guys the best on your IVF journey :):)

mymiracle

It has been so long I never log in (since 2012) How is everyone??

I am here to share good new... my son is 4 year old (thru IVF) and my daughter is age 3 (just natural after I gave birth not long).

don't give up hope.. MIRACLE is there!! baby dust...