**2011** Rabbit Mama Pls Gather here **

apollo

jaclyn13: hee hee I wish to have Feb baby :p since CNY is 3Feb2011 so based on normal birth still alright :p but then again is all just "wish list" like mention.. maybe baby wanna come out early hahaha then tiger baby hee hee :p actually I am pretty ok about cub/rabbit or so... hee hee just hope the plan goes well and get a healthy baby

This gonna be my 1st baby so abit excited and need to learn more hee hee happy that there are few mummies here ... I guess we can really get some good experience from you all.

We all jia you together!

Just some qn after reading some website .... Folic acid is good for before preg/during... did any mom take that before preg? Or your just eat normal be normal?? What did your plan to do or did last time before you preg?:err:
i took folid acid 3 mths b4 i ttc ds as advised by my gynae. only on the 3rd mth i started folid acid then i started to try.. :001_302:

uksportgal

apollo: thanks for sharing, just get any brand? hee hee maybe I start taking after CNY coz I wanna try maybe May time.... :p

What about the insurance qn I posted earlier on?? u got anything to share?

bubbles1979

Hi ladies

We are planning for rabbit baby too... :)
I heard we need to start take folic acid to prep our body before concieving. I am looking at GNC prenantal supplements..it has 800mg of folic acid and other essential vitamins for pregnancy needs. Wonder if anyone tried before??

Hello babes. I'm hoping for a rabbit bb too. By the time my girl will be coming 2 yrs. Trying start mid-Aug. Hope god will bless me with another bundles of joy...

Stan

Hi ladies

We are planning for rabbit baby too... :)
I heard we need to start take folic acid to prep our body before concieving. I am looking at GNC prenantal supplements..it has 800mg of folic acid and other essential vitamins for pregnancy needs. Wonder if anyone tried before??
I took the GNC folic acid once i realised i was preggy...

uksportgal

I read on many website that says we can start taking folic acid 3mth before we concieving.

Stan, florence_coey, your having 2nd child right.. did your get any insurance before preg? Any info to share?

I read on many website that says we can start taking folic acid 3mth before we concieving.

Stan, florence_coey, your having 2nd child right.. did your get any insurance before preg? Any info to share?
For me, took folic acid for 6 mths before getting preggy. Even when i pregnant, my gynae told me to take folic acid, iron pills, DHA and calcium pill throughout 10 months. Before i was preggy, I took up a insurance from Prudential called Prulady. It do have a clause about pregnancy ( can't remember what are the details ) but its something like if u miscarrige or ectopic pregnancy.

Jemalene

Hello UKsportgal, good to see you here. Seems like we have migrate from S'pore brides to mummy forum. Hee

I am planning for a baby rabbit too. From all the research i have done in the internet, look like we have to take folic acid as it will prevent miscarriage. will buy 1 soon

Last edited:

Jemalene

For preggy insurance, our advanced medi shield got covered. You better go check your policy, it should states all the complications over there.

uksportgal

Hi lady, thanks for the update and sharing~

very lazy lately.. if got chance will ask more about the insurance thing and share if possible... coz the one I heard from friend is specially for preg.. I also dun know what it is.. hahaha will try to find out more...

About the folic acid.. yar think will get one after CNY~ about 3mth before May... I have already started more home cooking with more veg. and weekly jogging session... hopefully is enuff hee hee.. dun wanna stress too much just try to adjust to a more healthy habbit which is good for life.. (Not just preg)....

Can I ask... how's those pre-check up package is like?? I read like got some with vit. some without.. some is limited visit some unlimited... and... alot of diff diff type.. some is for dun know 12wk onwards, .... alamak.. so many..... Just hope to know more so can prepare.

uksportgal

Just some update from my side:

Dosage:
Folic acid - how much should I take? "Department of Health recommends taking a 400 (mcg) microgram supplement of folic acid daily from the time of conception until the 12th week of pregnancy."

Overdose Folic Acid: Folic Acid Overdose
-excess folic acid (in the milligram levels) has been seen to mask symptoms of vitamin B12 deficiency. Also, excessive amounts have been found to prevent action of some medications such as anti-epilepsy. These are some of the reasons why the upper limit of 1000 micrograms (1 milligram) has been set. However, if you accidentally take too many supplements in a day, you will not likely absorb higher than 1000 milligrams.

Purchase:
Been checking out the Folic acid... went to GNC, Watson... will check out guardian and unity pharmacy too.

GNC 400mcg and 800mcg... 100tablet for S$10.95 and S$16.50 Don't have discount lately.. unless use their VIP Card if not wrong... http://www.gnc.com.sg/search.aspx

There is another type.. multi pills I saw.. is for pre-conception care. Blackmores Pregnancy but more ex.. 1pack for $46/47+ at watson. Unity got promotion (January 2010/February 2010) http://www.ntuchealth.com.sg/promotions/unity/newlg/ad1.pdf

Heard unity pharmacy folic acid is at $2.50 for 100 tablets... will check out again.

Last edited:

nice_clever6

Hello Girls,

It is nice to see this post.. I also doing my homework for rabbit baby.. Thanks for the info shared here. I'm also considering to take pill to prepare my body.. seem like a lots of jobs to be done... watch out diet, taking pills, do exercises.. :biggrin: i want to know about insurance as well..

nirmiti27

Hi frds,
I am also in for Rabbit baby...will start trying from May - June'10.
I had my 1st baby Boy on 26th July'09 when i was 30 wks but my beautiful baby lived only for 18 days and then went to heaven due to aspiration(his own vomit went into his lungs in NICU(india)and couldnt survived..i miss him so much)..now i am 30 yrs & DH 37.. want to get my empty arms filled with love once again....I am PCOS Girl and had my baby after 3 long yrs of trying ...so my Gynae suggest to start TTC as soon as i am pentally prepared..but i want my body to heal properly so that i dont take more chances to repeat history....

Hope God bless us all with a healthy Baby soon!!

uksportgal

Hi~ how's everyone?? Happy belated CNY~ Hope everyone enjoy the holiday and we can start prepare ourselves la~~

I have bought Folic acid and going to start taking them tomorrow :p
Still doing my weekly exercise :p (Happy that actually I Can keep up to that)
The Insurance thing.. hmmm somehow most of them are rider~ really don't want to buy extra insurance then get the rider just for this.. abit mafan and feel is not needed~ How come dun have just for preg. period kind of thing??? Any one know of it pls share~
Will be going for health screening by Mar too :p hee hee hope the plan goes well :p

TANZHENZHI

This post suddenly disappeared for very long, so i wanted to start the post running again.. Any mummies got any good news to share? :) Many months has past since our last updates. I got good news to share, my edd is on Mid Mar 2011. :Dancing_wub:

felvinc

Hi, Im planning for a rabbit baby too. but unfortunately I lost mine in sept. Gynae say gotta wait 3mths then try conceive agn.. hope i cn conceive soon in dec2010 or jan 2011...i also got bad experience at kk.. if not for them, i may still be pregnant... :Dancing_wub:

uksportgal

Hihi I am back with good new :) 6wk now, this is my #1 I am so happy and excited :)

Anyone considering Parkway East Hospital?

paull

my edd is end of may =) feel so happy to have a rabbit baby, cuz they say rabbit bb very obedient..hehe dunno true anot..
i'm rabbit too, and i feel i'm nt very naughty la..wahahaha