22mth toddler cry in playgroup

bendi

My son just started playgroup for one week and every day without fail he will cry throughout the class nonstop.

Should I continue to let him go preschool and let him get used to it? Or should I withdraw him as he is still so young?

Thanks in advance

Alisa

i feel that u should continue and everyday u have to tell him the good about going to school like will have many friends to play with, caring teachers, can learn things etc. if you stop now then when its time for K1 and he also continue crying, will u stop school?

Asphere

hi bendi,
just continue. it's normal that some kids cry during 1 week.
my son 1st day no cry but 2nd day on cries everyday but only awhile coz they will be more interested with class and frenz haha.. dun worry the crying mostly stop a few days or worst 2wks to 1 mth :)
cheers

endlssorrow

Alpha Male
My son just started playgroup for one week and every day without fail he will cry throughout the class nonstop.

Should I continue to let him go preschool and let him get used to it? Or should I withdraw him as he is still so young?

Thanks in advance

this one bo bian one.. if u wann put confirm will cry.. but cry after 1-2weeks ok liao.. zai mummy mummy.. cheers :)

my friend son also cry about 2 weeks. Then ok liao.. very routine one~

bendi

Thanks all for the reply.
The teacher say the rest of the children will stop crying after a while, but my son just continue to cry..lol.
My son is very sticky to my wife too. He always follow her wherever she goes.

bendi

Damn angry. My son just started playgroup for one month and he gottan HFMD. Many student were affected too. Feel like withdrawing him out of school already. Feel like the school did not do a good job maintaining hygiene. Somemore school close for one week. Good for the teachers la can off one week and still get pay.

Alisa

do u know that HFMD carrier will not shows any signs till about 3-7 days later when the 1st red appear? by the time the red dot or blister appear, the carrier will have already spread the HFMD to many ppl. my son school also have 5 cases in the infant care, luckily the number did not increase and luckily my son is in playgroup now...

u cannot totally blame the school, the school will check on the students hands, legs & mouth b4 entering the class. its also the responsibility of parents to retain their kids at home if they are unwell as by the time the school found the blister on the kids, it will be too late.

my son school ever refuse to take him in the class when his temperature is less than 35 degree! i was shocked! no fever yet still afraid but think of another way, i would rather they are that paranoid than to take in all students.

as for the teachers still getting paid, how u know? maybe they have to come back everyday to sterilized the classrooms & toys?

bendi

I just feel its a bad start for my son. Just started school and he fell sick. If I did not send him to school he won't have to suffer like now :(

Alisa

then if he went to primary school and gotten HFMD or chicken pox, will you stop sending him to school?

actually, when ppl interact, illness will tends to spread around wan. sooner or later everybody will fall sick when we are not strong enough. my son was sick almost every mth when i 1st put him in infant care when he was 4mth old and now *touchwood* he is better. when yr kid recover from HFMD, he will become stronger.