2mth+ bb sick and poo little

jamieyu

I need advise & help desperately. My 2mth+ bb is down with cough & flu (with phlegm & mucus). I have gone to see 2 doc, every now and then I hv been sucking his mucus out using the nose pump which the doc give and also saline water. Then I released ever since she fall sick (still active), she didn't poo much, this 2 days she only poo just a little.. like greenish yellow sticky poo, very little. And I hv to "errr" her then she poo. And her appetite is on off kind. I am wondering is it that she didn't poo that why she got no appetite to drink. Can anyone advise what I should do? I have been worrying abt her health althou she still can sleep and active.

isabelandrew

active s a very good sign :). what did doc say? time being dun go out. adjust d air; switch to fan at home. use boiling water to pour over her covers before washing..
when adults when u not feeling well , u poo little and feel bloated...

isabelandrew

on breast milk or formula? if breast milk, feed more frequent. if formula add a little more water..
is ur bb adapting well to d FM? Some mummies said there bb stop coughing after they switch milk. just a tot to share w u.

jamieyu

The doc say she dw with flu. Lung is clear. She on enfarlac fm. I suck her nose whenever I can but I still can hear her cough with phlegm. She also cry abit after her coughing. Doc did check her throat & both doc say her throat is red. I am so worried and desperate to make her feel better. Doc say bb take 1 wk to recover. I dnt kw wa I should do to make her recover.

cn naz

Hi there, baby being active is good. Last time my baby also got cough and phelgm. Doc gave me meds for both. In between she got stuffy nose also so i just used the suck thingy for her nose. It took about one week to recover. There was nothing else i could do more. I elevated the head tho so she could breathe easier.

msck

Hmmmm... Ever considered giving her breastmilk? There are natural antibodies in them. Better than antibiotics in drugs. Quite alot of mummies are giving away. Where do u stay?

jamieyu

Hi msck, I have stop bf her due to her jaudice during her 1st mth. Then my supply is low too. I have been worrying abt her cough until I break dw and cry. Yest she finally poo, but her poo is smelly. Not those kind of smell I used to smell. My hub say becos she is sick and her body gt virus so her poo is smelly just like adult. And she can cry abit when she cough. During nite time she very cranky. Like yest we take turns to pat her to smell she wnt sleep and cry. I am nt sure where she is uncomfy. Finally we coo her till her nxt feed then she sleep. She can sleep over her feeding time too whether she is sick or nt. I am not sure whether to wake her up during the day time. I try to wake her up she will open her eye and go bk to sleep again. When can she recover. I also realised she change after having her 6-in-1 jab. She down with flu and cough after 2 days, she dnt poo everyday, she cant finish 120 ml of milk. Last time she can finish her milk and sometime she cant. But she will poo everyday and her poo is mustard yellow. Yest she poo her poo color is greenish yellow and smelly.

I also been thinking alot. Like now she is sick I am so worry. When she cough i wa to cry and worry. I get worry and I feel scared. I feel so useless. I dnt kw how to help her recover. I ask myself now she is 2mth plus she is sick, how am I going to stop worrying when she grow older and bb tend to fall sleep often. Another 1 mth I wil be bk to work I dnt kw how....am I going nuts?

msck

U worry cos u love her to max! It's natural.

Then u have frens who can spare u some bm? Maybe consider let ur bb drink some ebm?

Anyway! Same here. My girl was cranky the whole day after her hep b 2nd injection. Damn jialat. Tt evening i cried too. It's like shes uncomforfy, crying n sometimes screamed.. At the same time, i was not able to pump cos she refused to zz. And tt day my hubby came home late... Boots hurt also. And i called clinic if the injection have side effect, the nurse said tt one on... Sigh. So got to bear with it. She's 6weeks + now, thinking get a sarong.. Cos shes cranky n cant sleep at night... U may want to consider tt too?

Same! after tt day my girl din poo daily... Become more irregular till now. Sometimes once a day, twice a day, 2-3 days once. Make me damn worried. But i think as long as she still drink, then should be ok. And the poo smell worse as the days increase, so dun worry.

msck

And fm can result in indigestion also... N the shit is different from drinking bm. U may want to check google. Type "baby poop colour guide." i think some web even has pics! http://www.babycenter.com/baby-poop-photos

jamieyu

U mean the jab gt side effect? Like wa? Her flu slightly better but the cough still there...with phlegm. Nw my mum gt cough.. I hv to stop my mum from coming my Hse just to prevent her virus frm passing to my bb or vice verse. Hw can u help her to recover her cough?? Hw to make her drink water, she don't like water. And nw I hv slight sore throat & cough... Hai...

msck

The nurse said no side effect. But after tt day, coincidentally my bb stop poo-ing daily.. =(

Omg. I think u should let ur mom take care then! Or take turn. The most wear mask. Otherwise, wat if u become more sick!? U better take care eh. Eat all the supplement doc gave also drink some vitamn c daily.