2nd birth - faster?

Satellite

Is it true that the 2nd baby results in faster birth/labour? I am very nervous as giving birth anytime but heard stories that sometimes 2nd baby can result in C-sec.

Pls share your stories.

yumitan

hi my gynae told me that 2nd baby will be faster..
my 1st kid, admitted at 12pm (1cm dilated), gave birth @ 0604 the next day....
my 2nd kid, admitted at 0843 and gave birth @ 1035, super fast...

cmeilim

haha, i hope it really holds true for my #2 who is 41 wks today. his bro arrived at 41 wks and 2 days, after 44h of labour. anything shorter than that will be a big relief!!! =)

Priya Diva

hi

It was not true for me. my gal came out at 39 wks, i had signs of labour like dilation and red mucus discharge. though i ended with a emergency c=sec

i just delivered my 2nd child last wk, till last momment no sign of labour at all.. no dilation or contraction.[ very disapointing cos thought cn try normal] end baby was growing very big. so i went for elective c-sec!

cmeilim

i am still waiting to pop. by next mon will be 42 wks. if i dun go into natural labour by mon morn, we will induce with prostin gel. hopefully, if really need to induce, the labour won't take too long after that. =)

babylover

I've just delivered my DD no.2 with only gas and air. Total labor time is 2 hrs, the most speedy i can ever expect that happen to me.This is much faster than my first delivery, which took more than 18 hours. I was worry too much for my elder daughter that somehow it took me off the contraction pain, which might resulted in speedy cervix opening.

kimyen

My 1st was in labour for 25 hrs but cervix still don't wanna open ... Ended up in emergency C-Section.

Having my 2nd now ... Trying for VBAC ... No idea can or not ???

Any advices ???

babylover

Yr gynea will be the best person to advise you. Keep yr mind open, most importantly both baby and you are safe and healthy after the delivery.

Carlisle

Maybe it's true that second birth is faster, since it's what I've hear from other moms. Of course there will always be a risk of a C-section depending on the position of the baby.

busybee

Yes my second was also easier and faster than first although also because first is such a shock anything would seem better for me!

Ekari

Well, yes its easier for the 2nd one to come normally. Anyone who give birth to the 2nd one years after the first one is born? Will it be easier as well? Just wondering