3 year old boy keep coughing in the night and early morning

yeoenghwee

Hi all,

I am a desperate father cos my son have delivered this cough that he have from a cold that would make me cough in the night when he is sleeping and after he wakes up in the morning. During the day, he does have cough here and there but usually one or two cough each time. In the middle of the night, it can be rather serious as he will cough none stop exactly at 330am to 4am. Although we are able to let him go back to sleep later. I am rather worried. He have heavy breathing throughout the night which we think he had inherited from me.

We we have seek ped advice and the first one said it is allegy and issue him ventolin and allegy syrup which my son did not want to take. The second ped diagnosed him to have mild bronchitis and issued him cough syrup, some powder like medicine that taste like orange which he like and another phlegm medicine.

i would like to ask if any of you all have such experience and can share with me what is the likely caused and resolution. I am rather worried. Please advice.

Pepper12

Hi. My son also diagnosis as bronchitis. The doc gave us the powder taste like orange. But doesn't work. U can bring him go see chinese sinseh. Yu ren sang, my son eat the med, no more coughing.

isabelandrew

My daughter got bronchitis around that age and it was a nightmare. I went to KKH like every fortnightly for the inhaler and finally was issued one to use at home.
Our private PD issued us lung tonic for her. It took her sometime to get stronger, you may want to ask your PD to prescribe. I forgot the brand my kid was issued.
We took precaution as well like taking LatcoseGG (aka probiotics) to build up immune system. It is capsule but I opened up and pour the powder into her mouth.
We didn't stop taking it , now she is healthy 6 YO.

Take care.