30 or 40 days of confinement?

hello mommies, did you go thru 30 or 40 days?? i think the more common one is 30 right??

i really hate the confinement food(the alcohol, vinegar etc.. YUCKS!).. she kept forcing me to eat every 2-3hours too, i said i'm full but she kept scolding me saying 'you trying to go on diet ah!?' my mom is very strict too.. she made me wear layers of clothes at home(SO WARM), can't wash hand with cold water, must wear slipper, only wash hair every 3-4days etc.. i can't stand it.. confinement is such a pain, more painful than giving birth.. lol joking..

i'm trying to bargain if can do 30days but she haven't say yes or no.. sigh
imagine during baby's 1st month celebration i can't eat normal food but CONFINEMENT food, so sick of it!!

thepinkdot

i did all the above.. :S it was really miserable.. 40 days over liao.. nvm.. cannot eat male chicken and seafood for 100 days..

haffa

hello mommies, did you go thru 30 or 40 days?? i think the more common one is 30 right??

i really hate the confinement food(the alcohol, vinegar etc.. YUCKS!).. she kept forcing me to eat every 2-3hours too, i said i'm full but she kept scolding me saying 'you trying to go on diet !?' my mom is very strict too.. she made me wear layers of clothes at home(SO WARM), can't wash hand with cold water, must wear slipper, only wash hair every 3-4days etc.. i can't stand it.. confinement is such a pain, more painful than giving birth.. lol joking..

i'm trying to bargain if can do 30days but she have not't say yes or no.. sigh
imagine during baby's 1st month celebration i can't eat normal food but CONFINEMENT food, so sick of it!!

Wah babe....ur mum is like my mom ah. She's also very strict. I am trying to bargain with her also. I told her that I want to do 30 days instead of 44 days (Malays normally will have to do 44 days). And yes...she hasn't given me any reply yet. She just said...we'll juz wait and see. *sigh*

Wah babe....your mum is like my mom . She's also very strict. I am trying to bargain with her also. I told her that I want to do 30 days instead of 44 days (Malays normally will have to do 44 days). And yes...she hasn't given me any reply yet. She just said...we'll just wait and see. *sigh*
haha we're on the same boat..

oh another thing that irritates me.. cos i'm indonesian chinese my confinement is done the chinese and indonesian way(though i'm pure chinese race).. i have to apply this SMELLY jamu mask on my tummy.. the smell makes me SICK!!! i wonder if my baby hates it too.. and every time my mom told me to apply from under my breast there cos she say there also got fats and the purpose of the mask is to burn the fats.. i was reluctant to apply that area as my breast got kena, i scared the mask will kena my baby!!!!! she just won't listen!!

haffa

oh another thing that irritates me.. cos i'm indonesian chinese my confinement is done the chinese and indonesian way(though i'm pure chinese race).. i have to apply this SMELLY jamu mask on my tummy.. the smell makes me SICK!!! i wonder if my baby hates it too.. and every time my mom told me to apply from under my breast there cos she say there also got fats and the purpose of the mask is to burn the fats.. i was reluctant to apply that area as my breast got kena, i scared the mask will kena my baby!!!!! she just won't listen!!

Oh dear...do u have to apply the jamu mask till end of confinement? Is she staying with u during the confinement?

Nvmlah dear...lets juz endure this together. It'll soon be over and we can bring our baby out. Really can't wait to go out....and eat watever i want!! hHehehe

Oh dear...do you have to apply the jamu mask till end of confinement? Is she staying with you during the confinement?

Nvmlah dear...lets just endure this together. It'll soon be over and we can bring our baby out. Really can't wait to go out....and eat watever i want!! hHehehe
yes, must apply everyday till the end.. and yah my mom is here to MAKE SURE i follow confinement rules strictly..

i also can't wait to go out!! i feel so suffocated at home already.. not that i always go out before but i love to hang out around the pool or go nearby park to read book and relax.. sigh..

i went through 30 days of confinement.

i didnt shower at all. only wiped myself with a warm cloth several times a day. can die literally especially when it's sooo warm.

and you had alcohol in your food? it's a no go especially if you're breastfeeding your baby.

maybe you can ask your mother to try the waist tonic from huiji instead. it's non alcoholic and it's rather sweet tasting.

hang in there dear. it's all for the best i supposed. it'll be over soon before you know it!

i went through 30 days of confinement.

i didnt shower at all. only wiped myself with a warm cloth several times a day. can die literally especially when it's sooo warm.

and you had alcohol in your food? it's a no go especially if you're breastfeeding your baby.

maybe you can ask your mother to try the waist tonic from huiji instead. it's non alcoholic and it's rather sweet tasting.

hang in there dear. it's all for the best i supposed. it'll be over soon before you know it!
i did shower with herbs water and my mom makes sure it's hot.. so once step put of shower i perspire already.. kinda sick of the smell also.

as for alcohol yes in food AND have to take 1 small shot at night(the alcohol content 24%!!).. so after 12midnight till 6 in the morning i don't breastfeed my baby.
my mom damn stubborn already told her doctor say NO to alcohol and take less ginger cos til now baby still got jaundice and must take blood once a week, she just simply say 'doctor nowadays say everything also cannot la!'

sorry for all the rant, i just can't wait for the confinement to be over!!!!!!!

Oppsgal

i really hate the confinement food(the alcohol, vinegar etc.. YUCKS!).. she kept forcing me to eat every 2-3hours too, i said i'm full but she kept scolding me saying 'you trying to go on diet !?' my mom is very strict too.. she made me wear layers of clothes at home(SO WARM), can't wash hand with cold water, must wear slipper, only wash hair every 3-4days etc.. i can't stand it.. confinement is such a pain, more painful than giving birth.. lol joking..

Usually is 30days. But mine is 2 weeks.

Oppsgal

Just say got apply. She got check? :001_302:

TANZHENZHI

Mine is 30days. Lucky my MIL not so strict, so when i reach home the next day i shower with herbs (warm water). I like the confinement foods very nice but i eat for a week i get sick of it too haha... Good Luck it will soon be over and it's good for your health. Take Care. :001_302:

i did shower with herbs water and my mom makes sure it's hot.. so once step put of shower i perspire already.. kinda sick of the smell also.

as for alcohol yes in food AND have to take 1 small shot at night(the alcohol content 24%!!).. so after 12midnight till 6 in the morning i dont't breastfeed my baby.
my mom damn stubborn already told her doctor say NO to alcohol and take less ginger cos til now baby still got jaundice and must take blood once a week, she just simply say 'doctor nowadays say everything also cannot !'

sorry for all the rant, i just can't wait for the confinement to be over!!!!!!!
no choice, you have to bear with it! it's for your own well being in the future.

24%? that's considered quite high i think. i think you need to tell your mother gently or bring her along when visiting the doctor and let the doctor explain to her.

dont worry dear, we have all been thro that phase. hang it there. it'll be over soon!

pkshl

my mum did confinement for me for a week(thank god)! she was also very strict, did not allow me to wash hand/brush teeth with tap water/ must wear slipper, baby full mth cannot eat buffet, cannot eat bread/eggs & she said ive to eat confinement foods for 50days! & no shorts or tops, must wear long sleeve & long pants.(i gave birth in june & very hot) tats crazy! lucky she only did for me 1week den my confinement aunty came or else i will go crazy & quarrel with her everyday.

Last edited:

iwan2noe

eh, i tot confinement is 28 days? hmm, i based this on the total number of days the confinement lady provide us with confinement service at home?

Is 30 days ?

Just say got apply. She got check? :001_302:
yah most of the time she want to apply for me cos the mask smell will stick on my hand she say later baby smell.. sigh..

Usually is 30days. But mine is 2 weeks.
lucky you!!

no choice, you have to bear with it! it's for your own well being in the future.

24%? that's considered quite high i think. i think you need to tell your mother gently or bring her along when visiting the doctor and let the doctor explain to her.

dont worry dear, we have all been thro that phase. hang it there. it'll be over soon!
yah i know, i do care about my health and wanna be healthy. i'm just asking her not to be too strict and reasonable.. i will surely take the alcohol IF IM NOT breastfeeding you see.. my mom did see the doctor but like i said she thinks doctor not so 'knowledgeable' as her in terms of confinement..

my mum did confinement for me for a week(thank god)! she was also very strict, did not allow me to wash hand/brush teeth with tap water/ must wear slipper, baby full month cannot eat buffet, cannot eat bread/eggs & she said ive to eat confinement foods for 50days! & no shorts or tops, must wear long sleeve & long pants.(i gave birth in june & very hot) tats crazy! lucky she only did for me 1week then my confinement aunty came or else i will go crazy & quarrel with her everyday.
i wanted to hire confinement auntie but hubby don't want stranger in the house.. my mom still can say 'lucky you never hire those lady, else you'll suffer more cos you MUST follow every strict rule of confinement and eat ALL the confinement food' in my mind i was like 'you're not doing the same meh??'

eh, i thought confinement is 28 days? hmm, i based this on the total number of days the confinement lady provide us with confinement service at home?

Is 30 days ?
yah usually 30days, if your confinement lady left after 28days then you just gotta ask her prepare the food and still follow all the confinement rule for 2 more days.

apple_san

Hi,

At least, she is your mummy and u still can bargain or speak whatever you like to her. My confinement was done by my MIL so whatever she said I have to endure. my case is similiar as yours. But aft 30 days, I can touch water and go out (but not raining day). According to my MIL, the additional 10days is just for continue eating confinement foods and tonic.

Oppsgal

yah most of the time she want to apply for me cos the mask smell will stick on my hand she say later baby smell.. sigh..

lucky you!!

yah i know, i do care about my health and wanna be healthy. i'm just asking her not to be too strict and reasonable.. i will surely take the alcohol IF IM NOT breastfeeding you see.. my mom did see the doctor but like i said she thinks doctor not so 'knowledgeable' as her in terms of confinement..

i wanted to hire confinement auntie but hubby dont't want stranger in the house.. my mom still can say 'lucky you never hire those lady, else you'll suffer more cos you MUST follow every strict rule of confinement and eat ALL the confinement food' in my mind i was like 'you're not doing the same meh??'

yah usually 30days, if your confinement lady left after 28days then you just gotta ask her prepare the food and still follow all the confinement rule for 2 more days.
Tell her no need to apply for you. Can wash hands after apply.:tlaugh:

sassylady

confinement can be such a torture sometimes.

the thought of having to go through confinement again is making me have doubts about having another baby. hahaha.

haffa

the thought of having to go through confinement again is making me have doubts about having another baby. hahaha.

Hehhehe...i totally agree with u. I enjoy being pregnant and all but going thru the confinement again....aaarrrgghhh....

Hi,

At least, she is your mummy and you still can bargain or speak whatever you like to her. My confinement was done by my mother in law so whatever she said I have to endure. my case is similiar as yours. But after 30 days, I can touch water and go out (but not raining day). According to my mother in law, the additional 10days is just for continue eating confinement foods and tonic.
unfortunately for me i cant bargain with her.. the thing that makes me stress also she goes around telling her relatives and friend i disobey her, sigh.. even thou im not happy i still follow everything she says!!!

Tell her no need to apply for you. Can wash hands after apply.:tlaugh:
actually the smell stick to my hands like 2days.. its really strong thats why i HATE it!!

haha.. me too.. i even tell hubby the pain of giving birth(no epi) not as painful as going thru confinement!!!! lol