4 years old child still wear diaper to slp?

JacTan

Does your child still pee / poo in the night time diapers? When I discovered my child does not pee / poo in her night time diapers for consecutively 1 week, I decide to let her go diaper free (she is already well trained for day time). During that period of time, I will asked her if i can let her go without diapers for that night, to which she readily agreed. I will also remind her to wake me up should she wish to pee / poo.

Initially, there was a little leak on 1 or 2 occasions. But now, she will wake me up whenever she wants to pee / poo :)

I will also bring her to the toilet just before she sleep.

Hope that helps :)

quincy1986

my friend wakes up in the middle of the night to have her son pee at a fix timing.

hope this helps u, although very tiring.

Hazel1212

My daughter and her cousin (now 9 years old) both wore diapers till about 5 - 6 years old. They both had a big fear of wetting the bed (and getting scolded after) so they refused to go without diapers to sleep. We allowed them to wear diapers but made them pee before they sleep. We also said that if they woke up and needed to pee (even when they were wearing diapers), they should wake us up so that we can take them to the toilet. Most of the time, they were afraid to wake up in the dark to go to the toilet. After a couple of weeks, they realise that they got into the habit and weaned off diapers in the night forever.

Good luck!

NurZaraPuteri

My 4 year old daughter, and my 3 year old daughter both wear diapers full time, day and night. I would not worry, as this is perfectly normal and common.

Good luck.