5 Habits of Highly Effective Students

conie choo

Contrary to popular belief, the key to effective studying is not by studying harder or longer, but by studying smarter. It is never too late to develop good study habits thus start making some constructive changes to see improvement in your grades and school performance.
40282-300x200.jpg

Time Management :mmad:
It is vital for students to plan ahead in order to have a consistent, daily study routine as it can help in preparing you for each study session. A set study schedule will help to make studying a daily habit, which will then result in productive study sessions, instead of cramming all of your studying into one session.
Study Smart :bunsure:
Studying for long hours is not going to help you in getting the results you want. Hence, you need to learn how to study more effectively. Try making it a habit to review the chapter before your next class period so that you will know what each class expects of you. Also, re-read and highlight what you think is important in what you have learned during the week over the weekend, to better encode and absorb the information and knowledge.
Take Care of Yourself :wong19:
It should be a no-brainer for you to understand the importance of staying healthy. A mind would not work healthily without a healthy body. Thus, it is important for you to keep your brain active by staying hydrated and well-rested.
Minimise Distractions :msmile:
Turn off your phone and the television when you are studying. Music can sometimes help with studying, but only those soft instrumentals types. You need to focus when you study with full concentration and effort. Set a goal for each study session so you know precisely what you are supposed to achieve at the end of every session.
Ask For Help :wong18:
No, it is not embarrassing for you to ask for help, whenever it is necessary. It does not make you a failure but instead, it will help you move one step forward toward what you need to accomplish. So, do not hesitate asking for help when you believe you truly need it as putting it off will cause you more stress.

MomKiasu

I agree with the list but i would like to add on more study tips i use with my 3 kids. I found them on an article i was reading on. Couple of them are: Make notes of everything you study as a refresher to what you have learn, mind mapping is a good way to organize the topics learnt as well, especially for Science.

Last edited: