6weeks old baby cries every night

aquanark

Hi,

My 6 week old bb cries every night, tried feeding her but drank only 25ml and starts crying. Dont think it's diapers or temperature.
Cld be wind in the stomach, we used ruyi oil also dont help.

So we pacified her by carrying her in our arms, really tiring/stressful for us. But dont think this solve the root cause.

What cld be the real problem here? anyway to stop her crying every night (7pm - the next day)?

creeni

I think your baby is suffer colic. Too much gas or wind in her tummy. U must try to burp your baby every time after feeding. And try to give her gripe water. But don't mix gripe water with milk. Just feed gripe water with string. Try to massage her with ru yi oil on her tummy, and back. After that try to burp baby again. But don't put too much because your baby skin still very thin.

landy

6weeks bb suffering colic timing ard 7pm & 11pm-1am, try bring her c doctor to get the colic drops ... Don't worry :)

prityfly

My baby was like that too. Its just all about soothing and routine. He is actually sleepy that is why he is fussy. So tire him out. Walk around the house, play him with (really play and not just babble to him).

Make sure that you set up a routine. For me, i make sure that by 6-7 i put him in his sleeping outfits, rub ruyi and powder him again. Then i make sure i dim the lights by just turning on a room lamp, put soothin music (baby classical works) and tell him good night. I rock him on the spot and when he is nearly sleepy i put him down on his side, rub his head in a round motion and rub the middle of his forehead and tap his backside.If it still doest work, i play with him till he is tired then repeat rocking/rubbing/tapping.

They will get tired. Make sure that they are the tired one and not you.

aquanark

What's the right dosage for Gripe water? 5ml mix with how much water? Frequency? Once per day?

I reckoned gripe water is safe for 6 weeks old baby?

I gave my baby gripe water every morning after bathing him. I didn't mix with water just give him alr then give another spoon of water. Yup gripe water is safe for 6 weeks.
And colic normally will subside after baby reach 3rd month

creeni

Yes Gripe water is safe for newborn baby. I feed my son gripe water with small spoon. After that then let him drink 1 spoon of water. Pls don't mix gripe water with plain water or milk

aquanark

Instructions said 5ml of gripe water. 5ml is actually quite a lot.
It's definitely much more then 1 teaspoon.

how much did you give for 6weeks baby?

EC Mummy

Try bio gaia probiotics drops. U can get from pd or guardian, unity. Works wonder. Not cheap though. About $45. If you are on tbf, I advise this instead of other methods like gripe water etc.

Try it. It's safe for babies. N probiotics is very good for both babies n adults. :)

yukiben

we always feed him with 2.5ml gripe water plus 80ml plain water in bottle every morning only. after that is just plain water through out the day. I tried the gripe water before, very sweet...
or maybe swaddle your baby? we tried before, can sleep peaceful. but it may be very hot. so we used diaper cloth sometimes.