7 wks pregnant and still bfeeding

babylover

I've just found out that i got unplanned pregnant 7 wks. But currently still bfeeding my 17 month old girl. I found it's hard to wean her off and cope with this second pregnancy due to severe morning sickness n working full time. Need some kind advice from mummy with similar experience. I thought of going for abortion ...:(

i dont think that is a good reason to go for abortion.
i guess you just have to learn to cope with it everything

I agree on this one, abortion is not the answer, why not have a regular check up from your Obgyne? have friends to support you and have your husband and your first bron be your strength.

jopeck

BMSG Moderator
its totally possible to breastfeed thru a pregnancy.. not the easiest thing to do but doable!! I've done it twice.

I really think you need a little time to absorb the news and come to terms with it. Abortion will probably end up not being a really good idea.

TANZHENZHI

I also agree, abortion is not a good idea. It's possible to bf even you're pregnant. I know it's not easy during the first trimester especially with the morning sickness. I'm also pregnant with my no.2 now and trying hard to cope with my no.1. My son is 20months now and he's very active. Whenever i feel unwell i just seek help from my hubby or MIL. If you feel unwell, maybe you can take leave and rest at home for the time being until you feel better then go back work at least you get to rest. Hope you can cope with your no.2 well too. :) Take care.

cmeilim

hello,

i found out i was pregnant at 5wks and #1 was 12.5mths. my #1 has been on total bfg all along and still wakes up once to twice a night to nurse. i am a full-time working mum with no maid at home. now i am 14 wks and my boy is 15 mths, and we are still nursing. i hv no intention to wean him off before he is ready and he clearly still wants to nurse. it's the way we bond in the evenings after a day of separation and we both enjoy it.

the past 9 wks have not been easy becos of fatigue and morning sickness. there were days when i couldn't even drag myself out of bed because #1 was cranky during the night and i lost sleep. like what zhenzhi said, i took urgent leave to sleep in, while my hubby sent #1 to my mum's as usual. my low iron levels made the fatigue worse. but i wasn't going to give up, even as my breastmilk supply fell. we started making small adjustments incrementally, incl adjusting the number of bottles of EBM he gets during daytime and giving my boy alternative sources of calcium (eg yoghurt and cheese, both of which he loves, thankfully!), but still not formula. in time to come, we will need to prepare him to share mummy's milk and nursing sessions with his future sibling. the thought of abortion never crossed my mind, no matter how tough it was. we just took one day at a time.

just go to the 'trying to conceive' section of this forum and you will read entries by many mummysg members who are working hard to try to conceive. i am sure many of them will be glad to be in your position so that they can look forward to carrying a bundle of joy in another few months' time. so please treasure the life you are carrying now. you are already a parent of one. even if this new life is unplanned, shouldn't you take responsibility for it as a mature adult/parent?

don't do something when there is even a remote possibility which you might regret in future. the discomfort and all is only temporary, and things will get better in the second trimester. i get lots of encouragement from other mummies whom I know have also successfully tandem breastfed through pregnancy with a toddler - they are my role models! do get help from hubby and other family members; i am sure they will understand and support you. confide your apprehensiveness and anxieties in your husband and let him help you adjust to the pregnancy mentally and emotionally. it is common for women's hormones to go haywire in the first tri, so tell yourself that the negative feelings you have now are not real, more of an act of hormones, and certainly not permanent.

I believe God makes mummies very tough, tougher than we think we can be sometimes! So just hang in there and try to focus more on the new life taking shape inside you and soon joining your (bigger) family. =)

jia you orh!!!

babylover

hello,

i found out i was pregnant at 5wks and #1 was 12.5mths. my #1 has been on total bfg all along and still wakes up once to twice a night to nurse. i am a full-time working mum with no maid at home. now i am 14 wks and my boy is 15 mths, and we are still nursing. i have no intention to wean him off before he is ready and he clearly still wants to nurse. it's the way we bond in the evenings after a day of separation and we both enjoy it.

the past 9 wks have not been easy becos of fatigue and morning sickness. there were days when i couldn't even drag myself out of bed because #1 was cranky during the night and i lost sleep. like what zhenzhi said, i took urgent leave to sleep in, while my hubby sent #1 to my mum's as usual. my low iron levels made the fatigue worse. but i wasn't going to give up, even as my breastmilk supply fell. we started making small adjustments incrementally, incl adjusting the number of bottles of EBM he gets during daytime and giving my boy alternative sources of calcium (eg yoghurt and cheese, both of which he loves, thankfully!), but still not formula. in time to come, we will need to prepare him to share mummy's milk and nursing sessions with his future sibling. the thought of abortion never crossed my mind, no matter how tough it was. we just took one day at a time.

just go to the 'trying to conceive' section of this forum and you will read entries by many mummysg members who are working hard to try to conceive. i am sure many of them will be glad to be in your position so that they can look forward to carrying a bundle of joy in another few months' time. so please treasure the life you are carrying now. you are already a parent of one. even if this new life is unplanned, shouldn't you take responsibility for it as a mature adult/parent?

dont't do something when there is even a remote possibility which you might regret in future. the discomfort and all is only temporary, and things will get better in the second trimester. i get lots of encouragement from other mummies whom I know have also successfully tandem breastfed through pregnancy with a toddler - they are my role models! do get help from hubby and other family members; i am sure they will understand and support you. confide your apprehensiveness and anxieties in your husband and let him help you adjust to the pregnancy mentally and emotionally. it is common for women's hormones to go haywire in the first tri, so tell yourself that the negative feelings you have now are not real, more of an act of hormones, and certainly not permanent.

I believe God makes mummies very tough, tougher than we think we can be sometimes! So just hang in there and try to focus more on the new life taking shape inside you and soon joining your (bigger) family. =)

jia you orh!!!
Wa, I really admire your energy and positive thinking. Of course I will try my best to overcome this first trimester with my hubby help and family support. But there is still guilt-feeling that I will not be able to care much for my #1. So silly until sometime close the bedroom door and cry alone inside. Anyways, it's too late to feel regret now. Like what you said, I should look forward to a new member joining us soon.

Thanks everyone for care and kind advice.