7mth old Feeding Schedule

autumn82

Hi all,

I was wondering if I'm feeding DS enuff at his age.. His current feeding schedule as follows:

6.30am - 210ml milk
9.30am - 180ml milk
12.30pm - 180ml milk + 4 tablespoons of porridge (2 tablespoons of uncooked rice w one veg)
4.00pm - 180ml milk
7pm - 240ml milk

I still have yet to subsititute 1 milk feed for a solid. When shld I do so? Am I feeding him wif too much milk? :001_302:

Porukadotzu

Hi all,

I was wondering if I'm feeding DS enuff at his age.. His current feeding schedule as follows:

6.30am - 210ml milk
9.30am - 180ml milk
12.30pm - 180ml milk + 4 tablespoons of porridge (2 tablespoons of uncooked rice w one veg)
4.00pm - 180ml milk
7pm - 240ml milk

I still have yet to subsititute 1 milk feed for a solid. When shld I do so? Am I feeding him wif too much milk? :001_302:
Hi Autumn, i already giv 2x solid a day since she's 6 mth and she can take it better than milk.

so my gal schedual is:

3 am milk 125ml sometime i gave her warm water
6 am milk 125ml
8 am milk 100ml
9.30am solid brown rice porridge w/milk or veg
11.am milk 80-90ml (in between nap time)

1pm milk 125ml or sumtime 140ml
3pm milk 100 - 125ml
5pm water to relive her thirst only
6.30pm solid brown rice porridge w/fish or milk.

8pm milk 80-90ml
10pm milk 125ml
12am milk 100 - 125ml.

she never drink more than 125ml unless during daytime... dunno why... thou i have delay her feeding time she will just go fussy but still drink atleast 125ml.

and during eating solid she hardly drink (either water or milk), she will fuss and wanna drink atleast 30mins after finish eating.

O ya, whats your baby's weight now? last mth she weigh 5.2kg at 6 mth. the nurse say she kinda below the weight althou her weight increased from 5th mth. then i ask wether it is necessary to feed her 3x a day now, but she say 2x a day still quite fullfilling..

Last edited:

autumn82

Hi Autumn, i already giv 2x solid a day since she's 6 mth and she can take it better than milk.

so my gal schedual is:

3 am milk 125ml sometime i gave her warm water
6 am milk 125ml
8 am milk 100ml
9.30am solid brown rice porridge w/milk or veg
11.am milk 80-90ml (in between nap time)

1pm milk 125ml or sumtime 140ml
3pm milk 100 - 125ml
5pm water to relive her thirst only
6.30pm solid brown rice porridge w/fish or milk.

8pm milk 80-90ml
10pm milk 125ml
12am milk 100 - 125ml.

she never drink more than 125ml unless during daytime... dunno why... thou i have delay her feeding time she will just go fussy but still drink atleast 125ml.

and during eating solid she hardly drink (either water or milk), she will fuss and wanna drink atleast 30mins after finish eating.

O ya, whats your baby's weight now? last mth she weigh 5.2kg at 6 mth. the nurse say she kinda below the weight althou her weight increased from 5th mth. then i ask wether it is necessary to feed her 3x a day now, but she say 2x a day still quite fullfilling..
Wahsei... But yr DD feeding schedule 2hrly & at nite still feeding? Am not so good to keep on feeding 2hrly wor.. LOL. Since 1mth old, I oredi set him at 3hrly until now. Mine oredi 9kg+ liao now.. :tlaugh:

Oh ya for yr brown rice porridge, how many tablespoons of rice u using?

autumn82

Today DS managed to finish the whole bowl of pumpkin porridge within 15mins! Weehooo~~ But I had to switch on his favo show, "your baby can read" while feeding him on the high chair @ the dinning table. Which now am feeling guilty of letting him watch while eating. Don't wanna set bad habits...

I tried distractin him wif toys and also w/o anything. Jus me & bowl & spoon. But doesn't work tt well.. Always very messy. Surprisingly, today after switching on the tv for him & tried not to let him watch (not facing the tV, sideways) just listen, he managed to eat faster than other days.

Any mummies or daddies have solution to not letting kids eat while watchin tv?

Oh ya, and how much porridge does your bb eats? How many tablespoons of uncooked rice?

Porukadotzu

Wahsei... But yr DD feeding schedule 2hrly & at nite still feeding? Am not so good to keep on feeding 2hrly wor.. LOL. Since 1mth old, I oredi set him at 3hrly until now. Mine oredi 9kg+ liao now.. :tlaugh:

Oh ya for yr brown rice porridge, how many tablespoons of rice u using?
no choice, she dun wan to drink more than 125, max is 140ml lah sumtimes, that even happen on daytime only... nite time even i make 150ml she just can finish less than that.. then she turn away her face and if i keep forcing she will cry out loud :embarrassed:.

really? you can set baby feeding 3 hrly? how?!?!? please teach me the secret!

o ya and nite time feeding also like tat...ontime at 3am and 6am she will fuss....i've been waiting for her to sleep thru the nite but turns out she still the same... result i got hypotension coz lack of sleep hhaha..blood pressure 109/80 liao!

your baby 9kg?? wahh nowonder the nurse say my girl under average! hah!
but girl normally lesser than boy rite?

o ya, the brown rice powder normally 1 1/4 tablespoon (morning meal) this is quite alot, and 1 tablespoon (afternoon meal) coz afternoon she can not finish if make 1 1/4 spoon.

just boil with maybe 1/4 of water in a small cooking pan. stir stir untill its thicken.

Porukadotzu

Today DS managed to finish the whole bowl of pumpkin porridge within 15mins! Weehooo~~ But I had to switch on his favo show, "your baby can read" while feeding him on the high chair @ the dinning table. Which now am feeling guilty of letting him watch while eating. Don't wanna set bad habits...

I tried distractin him wif toys and also w/o anything. Jus me & bowl & spoon. But doesn't work tt well.. Always very messy. Surprisingly, today after switching on the tv for him & tried not to let him watch (not facing the tV, sideways) just listen, he managed to eat faster than other days.

Any mummies or daddies have solution to not letting kids eat while watchin tv?

Oh ya, and how much porridge does your bb eats? How many tablespoons of uncooked rice?
in the morning i always turn on sasame street at okto channel for her to watch while i spoonfeed her hehehe...

sumtime she pay attention on the tv sumtime she just preffer to play with someone around her.. normally my mil or sil would be there distracting her so she would eat faster.

if only me, wahhhh she will try to bite the spoon or scream, then throw big smile untill all the porridge come out again...

autumn82

in the morning i always turn on sasame street at okto channel for her to watch while i spoonfeed her hehehe...

sumtime she pay attention on the tv sumtime she just preffer to play with someone around her.. normally my mil or sil would be there distracting her so she would eat faster.

if only me, wahhhh she will try to bite the spoon or scream, then throw big smile untill all the porridge come out again...
I find that it is not a good idea to introduce them to TV while having their meals, that's y I was holding bk.. Scare wait got bad eating habits. Even for today, I also never face him infront of the TV while eating. :tlaugh:

autumn82

no choice, she dun wan to drink more than 125, max is 140ml lah sumtimes, that even happen on daytime only... nite time even i make 150ml she just can finish less than that.. then she turn away her face and if i keep forcing she will cry out loud :embarrassed:.

really? you can set baby feeding 3 hrly? how?!?!? please teach me the secret!

o ya and nite time feeding also like tat...ontime at 3am and 6am she will fuss....i've been waiting for her to sleep thru the nite but turns out she still the same... result i got hypotension coz lack of sleep hhaha..blood pressure 109/80 liao!

your baby 9kg?? wahh nowonder the nurse say my girl under average! hah!
but girl normally lesser than boy rite?

o ya, the brown rice powder normally 1 1/4 tablespoon (morning meal) this is quite alot, and 1 tablespoon (afternoon meal) coz afternoon she can not finish if make 1 1/4 spoon.

just boil with maybe 1/4 of water in a small cooking pan. stir stir untill its thicken.
If I'm not wrong, she didn't drink more than 125ml-140ml is becoz u've been feeding her every 2hrly. Too full to drink? :001_302: Try to slowly drag the feeding time until it is 3hrly, day by day prob 15mins each day. Try and distract her during this period if she is fussing for her milk. Soon she will get used to it.

Personally, I feel that to set a routine for babies rather than feeding on demand is both good for babies and mummies.

Ya, usually gals r lighter than boys. :001_302: But for my DD case, she is heavier than her little bro when they r ard the same age. :tlaugh:

11/4tablespoon of brown rice only? I'm was cooking 2 tablespoons of white rice then slowly add until today I increased to 4 tablespoons and he finished it all by 12pm! After his porridge, he still finished 6oz of milk @ 1pm wor.
Is it too much?

I am trying to find out how many tablespoons of uncooked white/brown rice do mummies use to cook porridge for their babies when they subsititute it for one milk feed. Is 4 tablespoons too much? Omg.

autumn82

So pissed off with DS just now! I made a bowl of porridge w carrots.. He doesn't like carrots and he went to topple the bowl of porridge! Grrrr.. Today no porridge for him. Then was tinking since no porridge, give him his milk. Never finish! Left 2oz.

Just tried my luck, fed him 5oz of milk again. He drank up and now sleeping oredi~~ Hee. He hates carrots, I tried carrots b4, he also same look.. disgusted look. LOL.

smiley811

My girl very poor thing.

I dun think she has a fixed schedule cos my MIL takes care of her during weekdays and I take care of her during weekend.

We feed her depending on what time she wakes up. My girl has the habit of sleeping late cos my MIL sleeps late as well. Can't possibly ask my MIL to change her daily routine because of my baby so din say much about it even though I dun like it... hehehehe

Anyway, we both tried feeding my girl with porridge. Sometimes, she finishes the whole bowl but most of the times she doesn't. She simply took few spoonfuls and turned away.

But when we, adults, are taking our food, she would come up to us and demand to have our food. She likes rice/noodle/mee hoon more than porridge.
Is this normal?

And bcos she doesn't want to take porridge, I bought cereals for her instead. Most of the times, she drinks milk.

autumn82

My girl very poor thing.

I dun think she has a fixed schedule cos my MIL takes care of her during weekdays and I take care of her during weekend.

We feed her depending on what time she wakes up. My girl has the habit of sleeping late cos my MIL sleeps late as well. Can't possibly ask my MIL to change her daily routine because of my baby so din say much about it even though I dun like it... hehehehe

Anyway, we both tried feeding my girl with porridge. Sometimes, she finishes the whole bowl but most of the times she doesn't. She simply took few spoonfuls and turned away.

But when we, adults, are taking our food, she would come up to us and demand to have our food. She likes rice/noodle/mee hoon more than porridge.
Is this normal?

And bcos she doesn't want to take porridge, I bought cereals for her instead. Most of the times, she drinks milk.
How old is yr darling? That's y since young, it is a good habit to let kids eat together wif us on the dinning table rather than run ard feeding them, like wat my MIL do during weekends when we go over. :tlaugh:DD I got not much control when she was young was she was taken care of by nanny. But now DS totally under my care, so I had him seated in highchair at dinning table. Now am trying to make sure he dun watch tb and eat can liao.. LOL.

Back to yr gal, if ur gal is old enuff to eat those other than porridge, then go ahead! Feed her tt! Heh. But w/o msg..:tlaugh:

smiley811

How old is yr darling? That's y since young, it is a good habit to let kids eat together wif us on the dinning table rather than run ard feeding them, like wat my MIL do during weekends when we go over. :tlaugh:DD I got not much control when she was young was she was taken care of by nanny. But now DS totally under my care, so I had him seated in highchair at dinning table. Now am trying to make sure he dun watch tb and eat can liao.. LOL.

Back to yr gal, if ur gal is old enuff to eat those other than porridge, then go ahead! Feed her tt! Heh. But w/o msg..:tlaugh:
My girl coming to 16 months liao...
She basically wants to eat anything and everything except her own food... sometimes I made cereal for her... she also dun want... keep shaking her head... sang nao jing...

autumn82

My girl coming to 16 months liao...
She basically wants to eat anything and everything except her own food... sometimes I made cereal for her... she also dun want... keep shaking her head... sang nao jing...
Eh... 16mths oredi.. Dun eat cereal le ba.. LOL. Can embark to other foods like noodles/rice w soup...

smiley811

Eh... 16mths oredi.. Dun eat cereal le ba.. LOL. Can embark to other foods like noodles/rice w soup...
hehehe... i buay hyao lo...
I see the cereal package say up to 24 months... then see the nutrients contents... quite good... so happily buy... :tlaugh: