9 months wakes up in the middle of the night

hi

my baby is really giving me a hard time. ever since nb, he has nv sleep well. now he will wake up at midnite and cry refusing to be put back to sleep. only stop crying when i bring him out of the room. he just dont want to sleep till bout 2-3am. it's not that he's not sleepy, he'd kept yawning. milk or water also dont want. and the next morning he also wake up early 10am. nap every 4-5 hours & wake up within 45mins. omg.. i really dont know what's his problem.. it's been a week now.. and im losin my patience.....

pkshl

hi

my baby is really giving me a hard time. ever since nb, he has never sleep well. now he will wake up at midnite and cry refusing to be put back to sleep. only stop crying when i bring him out of the room. he just dont want to sleep till bout 2-3am. it's not that he's not sleepy, he'd kept yawning. milk or water also dont want. and the next morning he also wake up early 10am. nap every 4-5 hours & wake up within 45mins. omg.. i really dont know what's his problem.. it's been a week now.. and im losin my patience.....
my boy also! last 2 nights he's also like that. this morning he woke up at 4.45am & cry nonstop. my hubby fed him milk & coax him back to sleep but he woke up at 6am & started crying again. so my hubby brought him to living area to watch cartoon. sign..i tink could be my boy growing tooth thats y pain & anger? since he cant talk yet so cry loudly to express his anger ba...

diymummy

Yes agree with pkshl that it could be teething that is keeping him awake.

Have you tried teething gels?

Phoebii Cheng

Agree tht your son could be teething.....

But it could oso be a passing phase, my son when he was younger, we oso went thru the same phase, once in a while he would do tht....we don't know why oso....

cmeilim

it's prob teething. my boy woke up once for his usual nite feed at abt 4-ish. after sleeping for abt half an hour, he woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. he cried till i pop the pacifier into his mouth, then he quietened down. even then, he was still flipping from side to side until he tired himself out and fell asleep at 6-ish. my boy is also teething. the wakefulness could also be due to the growth spurt at around 9 months when babies are more sensitive and active as they reach new developmental milestones. i take it as a passing phase cos before this, he would fall back to deep sleep right after the night nursing till 7ish-8am the next morning. please bear with it.

i dont think it's teething cos i dont feel tenderness on the gum and he's not drooling. hmm i just hope it's a passing phase because now he's taking it like a nap and wake up to play again till 3am..

nancy

i dont think it's teething cos i dont feel tenderness on the gum and he's not drooling. hmm i just hope it's a passing phase because now he's taking it like a nap and wake up to play again till 3am..
M y soon to be 9 mth old baby girl is also like that. Eevr since last Dec when we brought her holiday overseas, she has been waking up in the middle of the night crying for at least 2 to 3 times. She used to sleep thro when she was 4 mths and now she is coming 9 mths and still is not able to sleep thro every night since last Dec (6 mths+ old). I gave her pacifier to suck to sleep and it only works for awhile before she bursts out crying again. Only nursing her then she will fall back to sleep.

Recently, as she learns new skills, she sometimes wakes up in the middle of the night crying and then becomes awake and starts playing by herself or trying out her new skill (eg standing). This can last for 1 to 2 hrs!! ?It happened yesterday again. Urgh!! Plus she became very grouchy even in the day and constantly wants me to carry her. Sigh..

Thought it is teething or growth spurt but how come it can last so many months and still no teeth come out? Really hope that this phase will soon pass cos I'm going back to work after my no pay leave soon,.

Anyone can give me tips on how to overcome this problem? I have given her teething gel and water to drink when she wakes up in the night but still no use. I dun want to keep nursing her cos it seems that it has become a habit and source of comfort for her now.

my boy finally stop waking up in the midnite to play but he still cry 2-3 times before falling into deep sleep, normally i just carry awhile and feed him water. -_-"' why..why... it's very rare for him to just sleep after he has slept. why must wake up and cry so loud... it's like a sure thing for him to cry..

annie

wat time he wakes up from his last nap? probably over tired? that happens to my girl even now at 16mths also.. if she didnt have a nap for many hrs before bedtime eg she wakes up at 2pm then no nap all the way till her bedtime at 930pm, she usually will wake up once n cry, scream etc after she slept for botu 1.5-2hrs.. then i just go in and lie down beside her n she will come to me and fall asleep beside me easily. sometimes she will scream n scream even after i go in too.. i do nothing, just stroke her head n tell her 'mummy is here. ok go to bed' n then lie there n wait for her to self settle.. but if she wake up from her nap around 4pm or so then she wont be so tired and she wont wake up at night crying..

annie

M y soon to be 9 month old baby girl is also like that. Eevr since last Dec when we brought her holiday overseas, she has been waking up in the middle of the night crying for at least 2 to 3 times. She used to sleep thro when she was 4 mths and now she is coming 9 mths and still is not able to sleep thro every night since last Dec (6 mths+ old). I gave her pacifier to suck to sleep and it only works for awhile before she bursts out crying again. Only nursing her then she will fall back to sleep.

Recently, as she learns new skills, she sometimes wakes up in the middle of the night crying and then becomes awake and starts playing by herself or trying out her new skill (eg standing). This can last for 1 to 2 hours!! ?It happened yesterday again. Urgh!! Plus she became very grouchy even in the day and constantly wants me to carry her. Sigh..

Thought it is teething or growth spurt but how come it can last so many months and still no teeth come out? Really hope that this phase will soon pass cos I'm going back to work after my no pay leave soon,.

Anyone can give me tips on how to overcome this problem? I have given her teething gel and water to drink when she wakes up in the night but still no use. I dont want to keep nursing her cos it seems that it has become a habit and source of comfort for her now.
i read books n online saying tat some babies who slept through the night started waking up after 6mths.. it might be because they are ready for solid n thus the milk in the day time is no longer enough for them, teething, reaching milestones, growth sprut etc etc. all sorts of reasons.. if u want fast results i would say not to give her milk when she wakes no matter how she cries for it. give her water instead. warm water. or simply dun give her anything, just stay by her n let her self settle. or worse still, u can try to let her cry it out.

my girl was worse.. she has never been sleeping through the night but she started sleeping through the 'night' at 5.5mths sleeping from 9-6am for her first feed and goes back to sleep till 8-9am.. but suddenly at 6mths she started waking up every 2hrs! at first i thought its teething so i let her be.. feed her everytime she wakes.. but it continues for 3 whole weeks! so super exhuasting..

so eventually at bout 7mths.. i started not to give her milk at night when she wakes.. i tried alot of method.. from gentle types to harsh types.. at first i try to just carry her till she drowsy then put her back down. of cos this means i got to wake up, stand up n carry her.. n it usually takes me about 1.5hrs to get her to sleep! just imagine me waking up in the middle of the night, carry her n standing up for 1.5hrs?? everytime i put her down she cry again so i repeat n repeat till she sleep back.. n everytime she wakes up i got to repeat this again.. very very tiring.. she improved and stopped waking up.. but after few weeks she start this noncense again n this time the carrying dosent really help after i tried again for 1 week.. so i try patting, talking softly to her etc..all dosent help.. so i let her cry it out. at first it seems to work but then slowly, her crying gets worse after 1 week.. so i gave up.. hehe. then i try to just give water.. she only takes it the first few nights.. after tat she rejects it n keep crying.. worse thing is my hubby will wake up and ask me y i dun give her milk, y i go to such extent of making myself miserable n making my girl miserable by not giving her milk.. he dun understand the pain of getting up every 2hrs lo... eventually i let her cry with me in the bedrm.. after few days think she get the idea(ive been trying many methods so in all, i have not been giving her milk for mths when she wakes up at night so maybe her body gets use to it slowly) and started sleeping through consistently from 9-6 when she is about 10mths old iirc...sleep training sometimes takes long time and need to re implement as n when..

there are ppl who swear by the cryin it out method. meaning let the bb cry for hrs n hrs n not care her n let her self settle n go back to sleep. many ppl say it works in about 3 days. some says at most 1 week.. n they will sleep through the night. if u want, u can try. i personally feel its too much for a baby.. as long as her sleeping pattern dosent affect your life so much eg if u are a stay at home mum then no need to go to such extent imo...

pkshl

for the past few nights, my boy woke up for night feed, after my hb fed him, he refused to sleep, kept 'talking' to us. me & my hb were so tired, we juz off the light & go back to sleep, den let my boy 'talk' to himself until he doze off himself.

but last night he woke up few times, duno iszit too warm or pacifier drop. so we pat him back to sleep.

veronica

Wow so many parents face the same problem.

My gal of 7mths also :( and the worst part she never sleeps thru since birth. These few weeks kept waking up and cry non-stop. Rock also no use, give pacifier also no use. She just rub her face on the mattress and make noise. I gave teething gel thinking she may be teething, also no use.

Every night also like that, every 1-2 hrs will cry out loud. I wish I could let her cry out but I worry it will disturb her gor gor and daddy's sleep. So ended I have to carry her on and off.

My elder son didnt have problem since he sucked his thumb, so I didnt have to wake up every time cos he could self sooth himself. But this gal, I have BIG headache.

She is like a drug addict...addicted to pacifier...and can suck her pacifer to sleep till morning. Once out, I will have hell...

I wonder how I could wean her off later...sigh

TANZHENZHI

My son when he was 9months plus also wake up middle of the night to cry very loud and no matter how we coax him also no use. Usually when kids teething, some dun drool. Like my son, when he's teething, he never drool. You have to bear with him as he's in pain and feel very frustrated too. :) Jia You mummy. It'll be over soon.

omg... finally.. my son's teeth start to emerge and he nv drool..

btw, how long does it take for the teeth to fully grow out? cos i saw two white teeth on his gum.. hah so excited!!!