A choice for your children.

mummy

ds' sch is single session... so that's great :)
dh sends him in the morn' it's a quick 15mins drive... yes, 15mins !!
ds wakes up at 6.15am both father & son leave home by 6.45am... reach sch at 7~7.05am. assembly is at 7.30am.

but ds has to take the sch bus home, which pro-long the journey b'cos of all the drop-offs *sigh*

being in a single session sch helps alot in time management :)

M

^Mami_Jazz^

Nah, u r not running away wat. U oredi had things in ur mind n in the midst of implementing nia. For ur choice, u had a guaranteed place for ur ds le, lucky for u....:tlaugh:
i'M running away fm balloting so i mv hse lor :Dancing_wub::Dancing_tongue:

Coelyn

I chose a school nearest and most convenient (buses easily available). Didnt ballot cos within 1km. DS sch was a favourite in our area but I didnt do homework so dont know.

He just need to step out of the hse at 7.05am n take a bus to sch, 2bus stops away.

There's another sch offering one session but one 1 bus going fm my hse.

Popular n 'branded' sch not my cup of tea - stress

Last edited:
M

^Mami_Jazz^

I chose a school nearest and most convenient (buses easily available). Didnt ballot cos within 1km. DS sch was a favourite in our area but I didnt do homework so dont know.
i tot within 1km oso need to ballot ??

jedamum

Wow Jeda, whole day din see u & once i see u, u wanna bash me :frown:
Today bz celebrating son birthday har ???
ya..today bz with son stuff. :tlaugh:
bash you up cos you got gurantee spot at a good school while i have to stress on balloting...

bash bash bash... :tlaugh:

Last edited:
M

^Mami_Jazz^

ya..today bz with Jerald's stuff. :tlaugh:
bash you up cos you got gurantee spot at a good school while i have to stress on balloting...

bash bash bash... :tlaugh:
Alamak i bcm panda liao.

Jeda, within 1km need balloting or not?
Saw Rabbit's posting she went for balloting for sch within 1km fm her place ??

jedamum

Alamak i bcm panda liao.

Jeda, within 1km need balloting or not?
Saw Rabbit's posting she went for balloting for sch within 1km fm her place ??
whether within 1 km need ballot or not depends on the no. of applicants. if the no. of applicants residing within 1 km exceeds the available vacancy for phase 2C, then need to ballot.
*bash bash* you ask so much also will not affect you one wat....:tlaugh:

M

^Mami_Jazz^

whether within 1 km need ballot or not depends on the no. of applicants. if the no. of applicants residing within 1 km exceeds the available vacancy for phase 2C, then need to ballot.
*bash bash* you ask so much also will not affect you one wat....:tlaugh:
Tis is beri impt to mi u know, if i can guarantee a place in the sch near to my mom then i may choose there & no nid to mv hse leh
If need ballot then i wld choose the guarantee one,i'm not a risk taker :tlaugh:

I betta keep my dh in dark of tis else he sure try for it :elvis:

So wanna bash mi up again :Dancing_wub::Dancing_tongue:

M

^Mami_Jazz^

I

I'm the blur blur but lucky one who happen to fill the last slot while others further then me kanna draw lots!!:Dancing_wub:

Got like that one meh ???
I'm lost now ....
Calling for consultant Jedamum :shyxxx:

jedamum

Jazz, you go and check out the MOE website on Pri 1 schools that need balloting this year. you will have a rough gauge if you need balloting for the school near to your mum's place. do bear in mind that even if your mum's place is within 1 km from the school, your registration will still be considered under the category of between 1-2km, cos you are registering using your mum's address.

jedamum

Really dun understand leh :nah:
i guess wat city pumpkin means is that she is within 1 km, and the no. of registration for within 1 km is less than the vacancy available for phase 2c. that is why those below 1 km no need to ballot. those between 1-2km then need to ballot for the remainings seats under phase 2c that are not taken up by those residing within 1 km.

or she took part in the balloting and got the last slot...not too sure, cos her post is quite unclear.

Hannah

when i had ds... i already know he will have to attend daddy's mission sch :bunsure: me-no-say-in-this-issue.
but i do thanked God that even though it's a 45mins sch bus ride from my home... but am so glad that i didn't have to worry/stress about him getting a placing of a sch. :twink:
Hey Mummy, what school is your ds gonna be in?

For me, i prefer a mission school. I got ds in under Phase 2B, but still need balloting. Yeah, i must say that it's really stressful having to go thru this phase :001_302:

Hannah

ds' sch is single session... so that's great :)
dh sends him in the morn' it's a quick 15mins drive... yes, 15mins !!
ds wakes up at 6.15am both father & son leave home by 6.45am... reach sch at 7~7.05am. assembly is at 7.30am.

but ds has to take the sch bus home, which pro-long the journey b'cos of all the drop-offs *sigh*

being in a single session sch helps alot in time management :)
Hi Mummy

Why is it so good to be in a single session? My son's sch is, and i thot afternoon session better, can sleep later so not so tired. Then what can they do in the afternoon, assuming they dun have much homework at the lower pri level?

mae

my dear beloveds,
I really don't get everything...why is there a need for balloting? does all schools here needs to be ballot or selected only? everytime you enrol to the next level needs to be ballot?

mummy

Hey Mummy, what school is your ds gonna be in?

For me, i prefer a mission school. I got ds in under Phase 2B, but still need balloting. Yeah, i must say that it's really stressful having to go thru this phase :001_302:
hi Hannah, my ds is already in p1 this year (2000 baby) and he's attending acs at barker rd (daddy is an old boy)... so like mentioned, i have no say in this issue... but i am glad to have avoided the school registration last year, b'cos year 2000 was the baby boom year :001_302: