A/Prof John Tee Chee Seng at KKH

Mummy Angel

John Tee is my gyne... so far i find him very nice lor as a senior gyne. I was intro by my college.. But his waiting is reali very long lar

BbpHir3

wat u can do is, reach bout 1/2hr to 1hr earlier than appt time.. or get appt time lyk 1400h... den will be faster... cuz if got ppl b4 u haven reach, den u'll be served first....

7LegSotong

John Tee is also my Gyne. I find him quite good & professional enough. Although my hubby's colleague's Wife have encountered bad experience with him once.

As for me, I delivered 2 months back, and Prof Tee delivered my baby.
I admitted myself 5.30am as my water bag broke. When i was in the delivery suite, he came in to see me before he changed.

Then from the nurses conversation, I heard that he was in the other room trying to delivery for another lady whose water bag has also broke.

As this was my first child, they thought i will deliver later than the other lady, but he came in to deliver my baby and return to deliver the other baby which is 15 mins later than mine.

Although he was not with me when i was about to deliver, I understand that he was trying to deliver the other lady as they anticipate that she will deliver earlier than i do.
But a nurse was there to help me all the time.

I will most likely stick to him for my 2nd child.

Lastly, i think nobody can please everybody.
:)

Crystalginal

Re: Dr John Tee @ KKH

Hi Mummies,

I chose John Tee as my gynae. My first visit is Oct 7th, so not yet. Is his queue very long?? My appt is in the morning. I checked into KKH website, there isn't any maternity pkg available @ TPS, unlike Thomson etc. Can anyone advise?

BbpHir3

Hi Mummies,

I chose John Tee as my gynae. My first visit is Oct 7th, so not yet. Is his queue very long?? My appt is in the morning. I checked into Kandang Kerbau Hospital website, there isn't any maternity pkg available @ TPS, unlike Thomson etc. Can anyone advise?
TPS no package.. for A/Prof JT, my first consultation was $101.65.. follow-up consultation was $75.95 each (excluding additional medication).. detailed scan (as TPS patient) was $85.60.. all inclusive of GST.. morning q wun be long.. cuz not much ppl..
my dd was delivered by him..
n i'm seeing him this time for my ds oso..:red:

Crystalginal

Hi BbpHir3,

Thanks for your reply!

Hmm, means doc visit $75.95 and scan $85.60, about $100++ per vist then... Seems more expensive than those taking a pkg with other hospitals, like TMC. How was your experience with the nurses there in delivery? Heard that some nurses are horrible. How much you paid in cash for your previous delivery?

BbpHir3

Hi BbpHir3,

Thanks for your reply!

Hmm, means doc visit $75.95 and scan $85.60, about $100++ per vist then... Seems more expensive than those taking a pkg with other hospitals, like Thomson Medical Center. How was your experience with the nurses there in delivery? Heard that some nurses are horrible. How much you paid in cash for your previous delivery?
no no no~~~
every doc visit got scanning juz to check on the progress of the foetus.. total bill per visit is $75.95 only..
detailed scanning is the 20weeks scanning.. it cost a one time payment (cuz only do the scanning 1 time) of $85.60..
i overstayed for my previous delivery.. so mine not accurate.. whichever the case, got a full return of my initial deposit, cuz all claimed via my dad's medisave.. while baby's oso claim via my hubby's medisave..
lyk alot of us said b4, kkh staff c $$ do things.. maybe cuz i was a pte patient, + my gynae was the head of department (that time), so the nurses treat me very good~~:001_302::001_302:

Crystalginal

no no no~~~
every doc visit got scanning juz to check on the progress of the foetus.. total bill per visit is $75.95 only..
detailed scanning is the 20weeks scanning.. it cost a one time payment (cuz only do the scanning 1 time) of $85.60..
i overstayed for my previous delivery.. so mine not accurate.. whichever the case, got a full return of my initial deposit, cuz all claimed via my dad's medisave.. while baby's oso claim via my hubby's medisave..
lyk alot of us said b4, kkh staff c $$ do things.. maybe cuz i was a pte patient, + my gynae was the head of department (that time), so the nurses treat me very good~~:001_302::001_302:
Hi BbpHir3,

Thanks. I do agree certain nurses see $$ then do work. Previously I was a subsided patient, been going to KKH for followup. Then realised I am pregnant, went back to Clinic C to confirm my pregnancy. The MO on shift that day was terrible. I told her my symptoms and worries. She brushed it off and told me to go for blood tests and ultrasound scan.

I decided to go with Thomson Medical. Though John Tee is good, I don't wish to land myself and baby in the hands of some bad nurses.

BbpHir3

i agree bout the clinic C thingy.. when i was preg with dd, my first few followups were at clinic C.. the staff (doc n nurses alike) n the waiting time was OMFG!! n i cant stick to 1 gynae.. so end up i went TPS, as suggested by my mum.. actually, u can c John Tee at Clinic A at a sub rate~~ on that, i dun have much info~~

vivikool

I am currently seeing JT in clinic A for my second bb, due in Nov 09. Normal consultation is S$69.55 excl. medicines and of cos if doing additional scannings or treatments, there will be extra charges.

My son was delivered by JT 3.5 yrs ago. he is very pro and experienced. actions were swift in coaxing (or pulling...haha) my son out. he is calmed, always smiling and will tell me what is going on there with my son... which really calm me down. I am a very panicky person so if my gynae is not cool enuff, i think i will go hysterical...

BUT JT is a man of few words and will tell u only what is necessary to tell you. So mummies seeing him must take initiative to ask him questions, he will answ u patiently.

My experience with the KKH nurses 3 years back were quite good, not at all like those rumours or bad experiences which some mummies encountered. My waterbag broke while i was being transferred to the delivery suite (suppose to go for induction), so the mess is like stretching from the doorway to the delivery bed in the suite. Yet the nurses were only concern whether am i in pain and clean me up quickly to prepare for the delivery....

I just hope this time round, my experience with KKH will remain as positive..

AbbyJasJos

anyone seeing JT recently? i am thinking to switch to this doc, saw quite many of sharing commmented he is pro-natural birth...

Cindy Wong

JT was my gynae he is a very good n calm doctor but he is forever busy which I can understand because he is seeing many patients. I can still remember he always dropped by 5 mins before my delivery (my deliveries were always in the afternoon) even though he made his round in the morning

Dragontail

Was at KKH today to do a maternity tour. Have decided to switch my gynae to Prof JT. 1st appt with him is 23Jun at TPS when I'm about 10weeks.

May I know what's the difference between seeing him at TPS and his clinic at AMK? Any difference in charges? Other than that? And just to confirm, he doesn't have a package right? thanks.

Was at Kandang Kerbau Hospital today to do a maternity tour. Have decided to switch my gynae to Prof JT. 1st appt with him is 23Jun at TPS when I'm about 10weeks.

May I know what's the difference between seeing him at TPS and his clinic at AMK? Any difference in charges? Other than that? And just to confirm, he doesn't have a package right? thanks.
I am not under Dr JT, but I also see my gynae at TPS and AMK clinic throughout my pregnancy. There is not much differences. The AMK clinic is smaller, not cushy seats compared to TPS and they only have one toilet for the routine test. But the consultant fees is slightly lower at AMK. There is no package at KKH currently.

paolograce

Yesterday, my wife visited A/Prof John Tee Chee Seng.
He has slashed in her face 'with sure certainty' -his own words- an event that himself placed at 50% probability. Even if unpleasant events happens during pregnancies, that is not the way to present them to a person, especially when the level of stress can influence the outcome of the situation.
Moreover, my wife took a blood test to measure the hormone levels, just before the visit. I assume that by reading the hormone levels, Dr Tee would have been able to support his idea or not. He refused to wait the time needed to have the results, and suggested to come back on Monday for a second blood test, causing unnecessary stress to my wife for the whole weekend.

Good Job Dr Tee and congratulations!!!!

MsKoh1973

Yesterday, my wife visited A/Prof John Tee Chee Seng.
He has slashed in her face 'with sure certainty' -his own words- an event that himself placed at 50% probability. Even if unpleasant events happens during pregnancies, that is not the way to present them to a person, especially when the level of stress can influence the outcome of the situation.
Moreover, my wife took a blood test to measure the hormone levels, just before the visit. I assume that by reading the hormone levels, Dr Tee would have been able to support his idea or not. He refused to wait the time needed to have the results, and suggested to come back on Monday for a second blood test, causing unnecessary stress to my wife for the whole weekend.

Good Job Dr Tee and congratulations!!!!
sorry to hear about your experience. hope the second blood test result shows improvement.