A question about buying fish at market.

dek2k8

Alpha Male
For a big fish, we may buy some part of it at the market.

Which part do you usually buy?

For example, I like to buy the head for preparing a fish soup. :spamxxx::tlaugh::001_302:

stonston

i normalli buy whole fish :) esp threadfin

head for assam or curry
bones for soup stock
fillet for my boi
stomach cuts for lunch :)
tail ends for dinner (soup)

Supergirl

I normally buy boneless type of fish, like Cod Fish or Salmon. And I buy from wholesaler therefore cheaper and fresher.

:Dancing_tongue:

Supergirl

HI,Which wholesaler? Any good recommendation for cheaper fish at west area?
The seafood wholesaler place I visit is at Pandan Loop. They have many fishes to choose from as well as scallops and other seafood. I find that their prices are cheaper than wet market.

leey

The seafood wholesaler place I visit is at Pandan Loop. They have many fishes to choose from as well as scallops and other seafood. I find that their prices are cheaper than wet market.
Good.Just to know the price for it.
How much for it?:001_302:

Supergirl

Good.Just to know the price for it.
How much for it?:001_302:
Which fish are you interested in?

I think Cod Fish can be one of the most expensive fishes. Cod fish from wet market selling at about $40+ per kg, Pandan Loop seafood market selling at $32 per kg and it is boneless ones.

Whenever buying fishes, must ask how much per kg else its very hard to estimate how expensive the stall holder is selling.

Endoh

Alpha Male
Senoko Fishery Depot. If you have a car, go at 4am. Good deals and fresh fish. Some are still alive by the time you bring the fish home.

Coelyn

I think Cod Fish can be one of the most expensive fishes.
I buy frozen cod cos cheaper.
Personally I prefer the TAIL portion salmon (cos no bone)
Threadfin also tail better, easier to remove compared to middle sec, bones easily escape my eyes
Once in a while kuning fish, pomfet.

stonston

i always buy threadfin, ard $7/kg...whole threadfin...dunno cheap or not, but it is very fresh n everything will be cut up nicely and packed nicely for me :)
n e fishmonger always give me free stingray :p
best part is i can SMS my order over 1-2 days b4, then go collect...when collect it is all ready, jus pay $$ take n go...very convenient...esp since they always have long queue cos their prices are cheap!

leey

Which fish are you interested in?

I think Cod Fish can be one of the most expensive fishes. Cod fish from wet market selling at about $40+ per kg, Pandan Loop seafood market selling at $32 per kg and it is boneless ones.

Whenever buying fishes, must ask how much per kg else its very hard to estimate how expensive the stall holder is selling.
We will buy the middle price fish ;

some low price fish goes up in price as ordered by many food shop.