AC dedicated server on Linux -- missing content/ ???

raciohurg

Hello,

I am trying to setup an AC dedicated server on Linux (Mint 18.3) I used the instructions found here which appeared to work simply enough. I was able to start a server via the command line './acServer' or by using AC Server Manager which I have also setup.

With a server up and running, I hop over to my Windows 10 system, fire-up AC, find my server on the LAN, connect and AC crashes every time. If use the native AC launcher I see the error message in the attached png; if I use Content Manager to connect, the crash is a bit uglier -- system freezes for a few seconds, returns the same message as seen in the png, but CM also displayed some error messages that I failed to capture.

Since my dedicated server is on a separate system from my full AC install, do I need to sync/copy track/car data from my full working install to the dedicated server as well?

When I start a server via AC Server Manager, I see many messages in the logs:

time="2020-04-23T17:01:59-07:00" level=info msg="Starting Server Process with event: 2 sessions with 18 entrants at ks_barcelona ()"
time="2020-04-23T17:01:59-07:00" level=error msg="Could not get track info for ks_barcelona ()" error="open /home/steam/assetto/content/tracks/ks_barcelona/ui/ui_track.json: no such file or directory"

Looking at the content of ../content/tracks/ks_barcelona/ I find that it is indeed empty.

Trying different tracks results in similar errors:

time="2020-04-23T23:46:08-07:00" level=error msg="Could not load track map data" error="open /home/steam/assetto/content/tracks/ks_vallelunga/classic_circuit/data/map.ini: no such file or directory"

time="2020-04-23T23:47:08-07:00" level=error msg="Could not load track info" error="open /home/steam/assetto/content/tracks/ks_vallelunga/ui/classic_circuit/ui_track.json: no such file or directory"

I've read a lot about setting up dedicated AC servers, but they are all focused in windows environments with the client/server running on the box.

Would greatly appreciate some pointers -- happy to do my own research, just need some addition direction.

Thanks

I've never tried to set up any servers on linux, because nothing ever worked out for me, so I can help you with this question regarding the server configuration. However, if you have similar questions on Windows, you can write to me at any time in private messages about setting up the server. However, I am slowly learning Linux, and even found a good distro for it, which is called centos 7, so I think that in half a year I will already feel much more comfortable when using Linux.