Activities at infant care or babysitter

meiteoh

Quick question since I am on the lookout for a babysitter/infant care for my daugther:

1) For those who send their kids to babysitters, do you know what activities your babysitter has done with your children - playtime, educational TV and etc?

2) For those who send their kids to infant care, what activities do they conduct for your babies?

Am asking coz hubby is not very keen on the idea of TV being an activity (educational or not) on a daily basis and neither am I.

littlehelper

I think it depends on every babysitter.And one varies from another.
Some may tell you what they will do but may end up jus doing routine care.
Others may tell you and carry out what they plan.You will be able to tell if your kid is learning anything.

For infant care centers
Most have structured programmes for them especially for the older infants.They will have stories,sing a long,craft, life skills(self feeding)
However there are others too who just do routine care.

diymummy

I can answer question 2.

My son has been at infant care since 4 mths.

I can see that Eva is 7.5 mths. At that point, my son just learnt to crawl, so they will let him crawl around, teach him to sit up on his own, and let him look at the mirror and play toys.

Now my son is 14 mths. He is in a room with older infants with slights and push carts and a lot of charts. They teach him nose, mouth and stuff like that.

I think they can only teach them IF they have time because 1 teacher is to 2-3 babies at my infant care. Most things, we teach my son at home.

stonston

If you do not want TV exposure, infantcare is better. Make sure they do not have a TV set in the premises (or at the infant section).

Most home nannies will watch TV when they are free, so your child will unintentionally watch with them too. Worst of all, it is not educational at all.

Phoebii Cheng

My son is also in infant care since he was 5mths old, they will sing, read a story, play and go for walks and craft.

Now he is in PG there, but the difference is he feeds himself there and also the craft time oso has a theme, like CNY or Christmas etc the play time also has like if they want to tech the word over or under they would teach them to jump over a pole of under the pole etc

meiteoh

Thanks for the info ladies. I just contacted the infant care near my place and as it turns out, Singaporeans get the subsidy of $600, PR holders have to pay the full price and if you're a foreigner like me, you have to pay DOUBLE of the full price. *faints*

So it appears that I have no choice but to get a babysitter then. :/

nurman80

I can answer question 2.

My son has been at infant care since 4 mths.

I can see that Eva is 7.5 mths. At that point, my son just learnt to crawl, so they will let him crawl around, teach him to sit up on his own, and let him look at the mirror and play toys.

Now my son is 14 mths. He is in a room with older infants with slights and push carts and a lot of charts. They teach him nose, mouth and stuff like that.

I think they can only teach them IF they have time because 1 teacher is to 2-3 babies at my infant care. Most things, we teach my son at home.
Hi DIYMummy,
If you don't mind can I know which infant care you send your kid to .. ?

infant care also good idea ya. Initially thought of maid ad baby sitter. Now I have another choice. How much is the charges to put our baby in infant care?