Activities with your toddler?

deenamathew

My DS love to play puzzle games, crafts, paint balls, finger paintings and coloring pages. These are the best activities were Lo would love and enjoy by doing these activities. I engage my DS in coloring pages were he learn new things about colors or any other things. I use download regularly from this site as this gives different images of cartoons or educational coloring pages. This time i have downloaded the cars coloring pages for my LO as every kids loves the cars.

Top 25 Free Printable Colorful Cars Coloring Pages Online

BrittN

There are many ideas in Pinterest, try and check the site you will love it as much as I do. I make play dough for my kids and I only use the things that are found in my kitchen. There are many ideas there that you and your kids will enjoy.

KsqMathelogy

It is necessary to play shape-sorting games. These games train the visual-spatial aspect of a child which is required for Math topics like fractions, volume, nets figure, symmetry and many other topics that require visualisation in one way or another. At the same time, games like these can also train the psycho-motor skills.

Fractions is a major topic in the primary school education and it is often one of the weakest topics of most children as they are not able to associate visually what the questions are talking about.

I have a P4 student who has problems using the teaching aids that I have for her. She is not able to sort fraction sets properly which in turn affected her concepts of fractions as well as her visualisation skills. That was when I felt that it is very necessary to be good at visual-spatial skill and this has to be trained as young as possible.

Also, once a child is about 2 to 3 years old, it should be about time to introduce counting. For a start, counting using Lego blocks look-a-like, the multi-link cubes, can help to create interest in counting. Gradually, introduce the number cards to let them see how numbers are written. Numbers are the basis of Math.

Last edited:

Marie Tan

I heard reading is a great way to bond with your kids. He may not understand what you're reading but it can in some way, spark his interest for reading in the future.

Andrea Lee

Anything that can enhance his motor skills like writing, painting, clay-working, etc. would be great. It's like hitting two birds in one stone...not only will you help train him with his motor skills, it'll be an ideal bonding activity for you both.