Additional Room for Privacy

Hi mummies, does anyone has any idea roughly how much it will be if I want to partition an additional room out? Im staying with my mother in law n brother in law n my hubby n I can only afford a 4rm flat, so I'll need to make an additional room coz I dont want my kids to sleep in same room as my mother in law :(

My hubby thinks it's gona be ex n he's quite against the idea so I'll need an estimation so that I can find my own means.. I already lost the dream of have g my own house I dont want my kids to be deprived of their deserved privacy.. Pls hlp!!

xicloudix

maybe a $1000++ ? u need to see how long the partition is... u can go measure and then ask for a quote before deciding

Different type of wall quality I think makes a diff also, I remember a friend of mine knocked down her extra room and decided to make it back again cost $2k including door. Yup.

Hihi, thanks for all the info! Yup, need to seek approval from HDB but most of the time its ok. if i jusy go ask any contractor lidat they will tell me? I dun need to engage their service after that right?

Or do mummies here have any good and friendly contractor to recommend??