advice for so-iui

Doubleline

Hi, need advice on the procedure for so-iui. I m wondering how often do I have to go back for u/s becoz i don't have many leaves n don't wish to take long mc as my boss will question me.
I m considering the puregon injection, is it painful / difficult to DIY ? Currently TTc 2yrs +

2boysmum2012

Hi, need advice on the procedure for so-iui. I m wondering how often do I have to go back for u/s becoz i don't have many leaves n don't wish to take long mc as my boss will question me.
I m considering the puregon injection, is it painful / difficult to DIY ? Currently TTc 2yrs +
Hi, I had a successful iui back in 2009. I was told to try 3 round only, then you may consider IVF.
Puregon is not painful. Get your hubby to help you. My hubby helped me each time. I think there is "daddy luck" ;)
you might have to take some morn or noon offs to see gynae for scan, iui, n later the blood test. I did the iui in dec, when most pp in office were taking hols as well...All the best!

Doubleline

Thanks for ur reply n infor. Gd to hear ur success story. I m thinking of trying iui in nov. my first time n hope it a success. already feel the stress even though I have not started.

Heather

Hi.. Just thot of sharing my experience.. Don't worry, puregon jabs are not at all painful.. My hubby gave me the shots all the time ,even the pregnyl shots.. The boring part of this infertility treatment is wait times at clinic.. though u will be seen for only 20 mins, u ve to end up waiting 3 hours, including travel time.. The scans are done on day2, day5, day 8, day12 , day 12-14 IUI,so u may want to apply for MC..I asked for MC when i was the clinic.. IUI process hurt me a lot, i fainted n threw up first time.. so if u r too sensitive, then take 1 panadol 1 hour before the procedure.. 2nd time, i took, 1 panadol and didnt feel a thing until evening.. Hope this helps!

Doubleline

Hi.. Just thot of sharing my experience.. dont't worry, puregon jabs are not at all painful.. My hubby gave me the shots all the time ,even the pregnyl shots.. The boring part of this infertility treatment is wait times at clinic.. though you will be seen for only 20 mins, you ve to end up waiting 3 hours, including travel time.. The scans are done on day2, day5, day 8, day12 , day 12-14 IUI,so you may want to apply for MC..I asked for MC when i was the clinic.. IUI process hurt me a lot, i fainted n threw up first time.. so if you r too sensitive, then take 1 panadol 1 hour before the procedure.. 2nd time, i took, 1 panadol and didnt feel a thing until evening.. Hope this helps!
Thanks for your useful information. Is the scan schedule same for every paitent? If it is then i can plan ahead. If not I have to clear 14 days leave.? sigh. :we2wacko: I am worry about the IUI process too, sound painful.. thanks for the tip. Any other do's and dont't for preparation of IUI?

Heather

Hi Doubleline.. Sorry if i scared you.. but none of the others who i know experienced similar pain.. so, don't worry, it may not be common, i may be an exception.. if you are sensitive to pain, just take 2 panadol 1 hr before the procedure.., i really didnt feel the pain till evening.. you may not want to take leave, just 2-3 hours off from work.. if your doc sees patients in the evening,then you don't hv to take off.. usually u need to see doc atleast on day2, day8(or any other day after stimulation begins) and IUI day..
ya, one more thing, go to IUI with full bladder, i didn't know the first time, i emptied my bladder( like required for scans) and it made IUI difficult, perhaps that's why it hurt me..

Hi, I had a successful iui back in 2009. I was told to try 3 round only, then you may consider IVF.
Puregon is not painful. Get your hubby to help you. My hubby helped me each time. I think there is "daddy luck" ;)
you might have to take some morn or noon offs to see gynae for scan, iui, n later the blood test. I did the iui in dec, when most pp in office were taking hols as well...All the best!
hi 2boysmum, May i find out who your gyn is for the IUI? And how may IUIs you did before you were successful. I have been reading around and it looks like IUI success rate is not high....
Thxs.

Doubleline

Hi glitterystar, hope u don't mind I interrupt.

I m with kkh n they told me so-iui success rate is only 12%

I did my first iui in late oct n failed. Quite disappoint but not giving up yet. I plan going for 2nd round in jan.

hi Doubleline, i read about the low IUI success rate online as well. Do you mean that if the first try is unsuccessful, i got to wait for at least 3 months before trying for the second time IUI?

IVF seems very time consuming and thought maybe i should give it a shot for IUI and see how it pans out. Thxs.

Doubleline

Glitterystar, for medicated iui (so iui) need to rest at least 1 month before the next try as advise by dr. I plan in jan bcoz I have something on in dec.

I heard some ppl strike the first iui.
So who know u may be the first too. :)

Lady789

Hi.. Just thot of sharing my experience.. Don't worry, puregon jabs are not at all painful.. My hubby gave me the shots all the time ,even the pregnyl shots.. The boring part of this infertility treatment is wait times at clinic.. though u will be seen for only 20 mins, u ve to end up waiting 3 hours, including travel time.. The scans are done on day2, day5, day 8, day12 , day 12-14 IUI,so u may want to apply for MC..I asked for MC when i was the clinic.. IUI process hurt me a lot, i fainted n threw up first time.. so if u r too sensitive, then take 1 panadol 1 hour before the procedure.. 2nd time, i took, 1 panadol and didnt feel a thing until evening.. Hope this helps!
I’m also having fear and anxiety thinking about IUI. Can we do it under anaesthesia ?