Advice needed on suitable shoes for early walkers

cmeilim

My monster has been wearing SeeKaiRun shoes since he starts to walk at 1yr old. The leather are soft n the soles are thick but soft n bendable. My monster has broad feet so shoes sold in local dept store does not fit him, instead SeeKaiRun has broad front thus fit his feet perfectly fine.

SeeKaiRun is not cheap, like Clarks and Colette.

I heard some feedback that Colette shoes are not so durable. Is that true? Any mummy here bought Colette for their tods?

tika

Bought a black Colettee shoe for my girl when she was 1. She wears them fine. Shoes are still in good shape even after she has outgrown them. She insists on those black shoes even tho they don't fit already. went back to buy the same design in 4 different sizes! lol I dunno why but she likes them so much.

Last edited:

camom

I heard some feedback that Colette shoes are not so durable. Is that true? Any mummy here bought Colette for their tods?
Me, for my 1st kid when she was older like 2+yo. Shoes are ok, but she outgrew them so fast.

I stuck to Clarks for No. 2. Their shoes n sandals have great support for my walking tod.

cmeilim

Me, for my 1st kid when she was older like 2+yo. Shoes are ok, but she outgrew them so fast.

I stuck to Clarks for No. 2. Their shoes n sandals have great support for my walking tod.

i used to wear Clarks myself when i had some problems with my arch, so I know they produce solid footwear, althought the designs for adults' shoes are really fuddy-duddy, lol!

camom, where did u buy clarks 1st shoes from and what is the price range usually?

camom

i used to wear Clarks myself when i had some problems with my arch, so I know they produce solid footwear, althought the designs for adults' shoes are really fuddy-duddy, lol!

camom, where did you buy clarks 1st shoes from and what is the price range usually?
They hv selections in dept stores like Isetan. I prefer to go to their shop in Suntec City near Bata. The uncle n aunty there are more experienced, they can recommend the type of shoes based on the child's feet type, like broad or narrow, etc. I bought my son's 1st pair in Isetan Scotts and never went back there again.

The prices usually range from $30+ (if it's on sale) to $50+, almost $60. The sandals are cheaper, the covered shoes usually cost ard $55-$58.

AugBoyz

so far i only buy 2 Colette shoes for my monster as the designs has broad front. However i dun really fancy them coz the shoe soles are hard. I prefer SKR. I agree that they are on the high side but I still stick to them coz they meet my requirements.

cmeilim

so far i only buy 2 Colette shoes for my monster as the designs has broad front. However i dont really fancy them coz the shoe soles are hard. I prefer SKR. I agree that they are on the high side but I still stick to them coz they meet my requirements.

thanks for sharing. there is much knowledge needed in buying toddlers' shoes!!

thx83

so far i only buy 2 Colette shoes for my monster as the designs has broad front. However i dont really fancy them coz the shoe soles are hard. I prefer SKR. I agree that they are on the high side but I still stick to them coz they meet my requirements.
Hi, where can I find SKR shoes? Thanks.