Advise for post natal massage?

dFixa

Hi mummies, what is the result you all want to get through the massage? I'm just curious and wonder why:)
Dear JessicaErin,

Pregnancy and birth affect our bodies, all muscles, bones, nerves, joints and other organs would have changed, grown and become swollen due to the hormonal influences of pregnancy. Postnatal massage are one of the practices besides "bengkung", applying hot compresses, taking "jamu", and having herbal baths to complete the regime; helps us to get back into pre-baby figure as well as balance our hormone levels.

Hope the info helps.

Take good care =)

dFixa

hi all,

when is the time to engage them? i have my EDD on end Aug, will it be too early to engage them now?
Hi feitun,

I started my pre-natal massage when I was on 6th month pregnancy - once or twice a week as required or necessary.

Hope the info helps.

Take care =)

Suzie San

Dear all,

Currently I am using Mdm Maria for jamu massage. She is good in massaging your tummy and your breast if there are blockages. However, she always finish 10 to 15 min early. She also didn't do any massage for baby which some masseur did for free. I am a bit upset with her when she ends her session early than expected. I will definitely not recommending her.

Maggiequek

Hi all, was looking for a new massage lady in thr forum and saw some earlier post recommending mdm Naini.

I have just stopped using her services and would like to warn mums to be. Maybe as she got popular and recommended, her standards and work ethics slipped. This is what I experienced:
- unable to commit to an appointed time or eve day until the night before (she doesn't do consecutive days or work weekends) so you have to free up whole periods for her
- often late, ranging from 20 mins to 45 mins
- cancels appointments even though she finalises the time late; her husband, mother and auntie have all been very ill somehow, on the same day, depending on when you call her to ask about the time
- half hearted massage of half hour to 45 minutes; one handed message while she texts or talks on the phone. Happened more than once. Once she also forgot to massage the belly, another time she forgot one of my legs
- you have to buy the wrap from her for $20 which is your run off the mill elastic wrap sold for less at pharmacies.

All of these happened over 5 sessions spanning 2 weeks and she charges more than usual: $75 per session and she will only sell in packages of 10-15 (which she decides for you) for which you have to pay upfront - acceptable if the service was good, but rubbish for this level of unprofessionalism!

Please think twice!

Oh dear!!
I have just engaged mdm Naini to do my post natal massage..
I delivered on the 5th may 13 n
started the massage on the 9th may, only did 2 sessions by now.
she suggested I tk 29 sessions + 1 B/C which cost $2250(total of 30sessions!!!), saying that my body have alot of "wind", n she will do a good job for me as I am not going to have any more kids since this is my 3rd baby.
As I only have $1800 cash with me then, so I just paid her n will pay her the remaining the next session.
She didn't charge me for the wrap , maybe bcos I paid so much already.

She only told me she don't work on weekends aft the 2nd session which is on the 10th may, fri.
So she either come on mon , or tues( not confirm n can only call me on mon) .
during the massage, for 2 days, she forgot to massage my left leg. When I reminded her, she said she already did >.<

& yes, she is always texting using her Hp during the massage.

Since I have paid her $1800, I don't know if I should pay her another $450 for the sessions she recommended ....

Cosha

my ml

Hello, I delivered on 10 jun 13 thru natural delivery. Today is the 6th time im doing my massage and I would like to recommend my ML. After the first 2 sessions I was able to see results. She is a very nice Chinese lady. She uses acu points for massaging too. Anyone interested can PM me!

Thai Massage

I've got a thai lady who speak english and chinese torecommend.
Her post natal massage includes the following:
1. One hour massage to loosen joints and muscles
2. Herbal rub to loosen nerve and help in hair growth
3. Womb massage to get rid of the dirty blood, push womb andpelvic bone back into position and promote blood circulation.
4. Body Scrub using sea salt
5. Herbal Bath
6. Belly Wrap
Total massage takes about 2 and half hours. Can call her forthe package price.
Jang - 984297376
Don't sms please call.
She also does breast massage for those who do not havebreast milk. The massage can stimulate to produce breast milk.

I have not tried her personally as i've not given birth buti go to her for body massage. I'm helping her to put on the internet but i'verecommend a few friends and colleagues and so far no complains and many extendafter doing the massage with her.

Java

I highly recommeded mother of 6 age 44 ...........but her age looks 34. Certified Ustazah and certified specialized in Pre & Post Javanese Massage. Her number Madam Rosemawati 90628242.

Cupidlovesme

Hi dFixa, saw from other threads that u keep promoting for Mdm Maria. R u somehow related to her? I engaged her for the massage and really disappointed. Her massage time is really less than an hour like what other mummies mentioned. From the time she reach the house she started timing, then kept talking throughout the massage session, then stop on the dot when the time is up. (from her clock, when she reach the house). Most importantly, she just did random rubbing like one of the mummies here mentioned. No pressure, no proper massage strokes, no techniques. I don't think my expectation is high, but this is way too bad. I'm seriously doubting the reason y u pushed her so hard? Pardon me if I offended u, but I'm really puzzled.

Cupidlovesme

I actually engaged her and did a few sessions till I give up. This is my third pregnancy so I went thru a few post natal massage, I find hers not the usual post natal massage but just random rubbing...

What annoyed me is her hp keep ringing and she doesn't even offer to pick up or off... Imagine 45 mins of "Indian" music while having the massage. She promote stuff indirectly like jamu drink, herbs, pills...

Worst still she change timing everyday. First day 1pm but came at 12.30. Then told me next session 12pm but she came 11 and when I indirectly told her I tot 12 she claim no... It's 11... Then I double confirm the next session she say same timing but then she came 10.30! Subsequently get earlier and earlier till 9.30am!!! The best is when she reach she expect me to be ready and start immediately.

My massage only 45 min not 50
Totally second that! She always comes at her preferred timing without telling me, my last session she came an hour earlier.. And what she does was 'random rubbing'.. Massage session is definitely less than an hour. I don't understand y she wanna 'earn' the few minutes and risking her rice bowl! She didn't think on the long term, words goes ard, word of mouth is very important!

Mummy Xenia

hi, anybody can recommend me good post natal massage lady that can come to my house, I'm staying in AMK, as I wish to change my current post natal massage lady.

Java

Hi mummies out there . I am not promoting this masseurs by the name Madam Rosemawati. Frankly speaking she works hard to make every new mom please and she always make and effort to make sure u smile and the end of the massage. She have her own website right now and looking forward to work harder and her desire is to make every Mom smile. U can look at her website 9monthsjavanese.com . She offer 1 day trial post natal massage at $55 as this will give time for new mom who doubt about the service she provide before committed to any package. Hope this will help all new mom.

Neednoyou

hi mummies...

I would like to have the contacts of the massage ladies who able to provide ad hoc womb massage, like 1-2 times a month... about $30-$50 due to financial burden.

if you do have any contacts, kindly pm me the details...

appreciate your help..

thank you.

candy