After taking the MMR jab?

Mummy to Baby V

Son took the jab at 12 months old, develop some red spots on his body after a week, no fever though. Anyway, he does not get fever after jabs, only about 1 degree Celsius higher than usual.

But last Fri he'd 39.2 degrees Celsius fever out of the blue, likely due to teething. Had to give rectal medicine, which he was allergic to and woke up with goldfish eyes!!! Luckily all's well now...

January84

Son took the jab at 12 months old, develop some red spots on his body after a week, no fever though. Anyway, he does not get fever after jabs, only about 1 degree Celsius higher than usual.

But last Fri he'd 39.2 degrees Celsius fever out of the blue, likely due to teething. Had to give rectal medicine, which he was allergic to and woke up with goldfish eyes!!! Luckily all's well now...
Hi Mummy to Baby, is his gum red and swolleb? If he does, u can apply the teething gel for him, very effective. Its Bonjela (blue color), can get from Guardian or any pharmacy.

raeka

so far till now is the 12thdays , no fever goodness.. (^^,) another two day then pass the MMR jab..
so happy.

potato

Hi mummies,
So even if our babies didn't get fever, it's safe right? Will they get rashes? How long does the rashes last? Will the doctor give cream to apply? Thanks alot.. :)

raeka

Hi mummies,
So even if our babies didn't get fever, it's safe right? Will they get rashes? How long does the rashes last? Will the doctor give cream to apply? Thanks alot.. :)
hi potatoes,
so far after the jab , my boy have slight rashes . Nope the doctor didn't give me cream to apply. My boy took the paracetamol for 1 time and rashes till have ..i stop giving cause no fever then the rashes slowly go away.

maybe u can ask ur doctor for cream when u bring child for the Jab.

Mummy to Baby V

Hi mummies,
My boy had a number of red spots on his body about one week after the jab; went away by themselves without cream. They were not itchy.

diymummy

My boy had a number of red spots on his body about one week after the jab; went away by themselves without cream. They were not itchy.
Hi Mummy to Baby V,

My son took the MMR last week and I was told that he might break into a fever 5-7 days after the jab.

He broke into spots today.. Just like what you mentioned. But did your boy run a fever? How long did the spots take to disappear??

thanks.

Mummy to Baby V

Hi Mummy to Baby very,

My son took the MMR last week and I was told that he might break into a fever 5-7 days after the jab.

He broke into spots today.. Just like what you mentioned. But did your boy run a fever? How long did the spots take to disappear??

thanks.
I don't remember him running a fever. The spots disappeared after a few days, nothing major, else I'd have remembered. Hope your boy would be fine. :)