all the good stuff...

SH74

realised that we alw talk abt unhappy things abt our family members (be it maid, hubby, kids, parents, siblings, in laws,...)

so thought can start a thread about all the good things our family members did for us.

sometimes we take them for granted without realising it. let us all appreciate the little things our family members did for us.

for me,

my hubby will take over the role of taking care of my bb during weekends n aft work, so i can rest, though sometimes he'll think that his job is more tiring n stressful than me taking care of bb full time while stressing abt my job.

my mil wont insist that i use her method in taking care of my bb, though that time she alw brags abt her 100% bf my hb which cause me alot of stress.

my hubby will make it a pt everyday to ask me if i'm feeling ok, got anything to share w him,... though sometimes he'll hv mood swings, blame me for everything n anything that irritates him.

my boy alw purposely falls into my trap to make me laugh though he alr knows that it's a trap.

CanCanMum

:red:yeah, lets take a breathe of fresh air!

1) My mum and dad has been very supportive and has helped me through some of my gloomy and unhappy days. Be it whether i am married or had still stayed single i will always be a child to them. However i do admit that i sometimes take them for granted and thought that they are always at my convenience...which i know that i should not. They too need some time for themselves.

2) My son told me seriously in the eye one day, that next time when he grows up he will buy a car and drive to work so that daddy and mummy can sleep at home and no need to work. Thats really a very touching and melting statement. ... ...not sure if he knows thats a very BIG commitment.....

3) My brother has been very supportive and caring towards his nephew, and that my sons loves to play with him. He is the top contributor for my son's collection of toys and clothings.

4) Lastly my hb has been quite caring and understanding for my needs, though i wished he could have done more in looking after our son, and less temperamental...But on the overall he is still a good husband lah, cannot be perfect...i hoped to maintain a healthy hb-wife relationship tog.:001_302:

1. my son melts my heart when he opens his eyes @ 4am in the morning, looks up @ me ... & laughs

2. i love having conversations with my son even though he only babbles & coos

3. my son means everything to me. a man can have another woman, but he can't have another mother.

4. i love to look in my son's eyes, becos he looks back at me.

5. i love to call out my son's name becos he always responds! & when he cries, he will be calmer when he hears my voice (even though i'm only at the door)

6. i love the friendship tt i have with my husband, & believe no matter who he is with, he will never be able to replicate wot we have, with other women

7. i love, respect & adore my father because he constantly puts the needs of his wife, his daughters & now his grandson before his own, although while i was growing up my rebellious nature & his hot temper always collided

8. i love the love my mother showers over us, because no matter how we argue, when i cry in her lap she will comfort me.

9. i love to write. it is the one thing i am passionate about doing & i hope to be able to do it professionally in the near future.

10. i am lucky to have girlfriends who are wise beyond their years, forward thinking, inward looking, have a kickass sense of humour, & strong dispositions in life.

thank you for starting this thread mrspuppy!

SH74

i think my 5+mths old son wants to lighten my load, so learnt to hold his own milk bottle when drinking.

my coll, knowing that my dh alw go biz trips, will alw offer to accompany me. she'll inform me of any cheaper offers for milk powder and diapers.

whenever my sis replenish her supply (esp.wipes) for her son, she'll not forget to get some for my boy.

my dh alw give me back n leg massages whenever i complain abt aches n pains.

my parents, that time, knowing that i'm preggy n prep for wedding, helped lighten my dh's financial load.

my bro (late teens) is willing to sacrifice his holidays if i ask him to stay over for a few days (while dh is away on biz trip) help me take care of my boy.

Last edited:

SH74

cancanmum > ur son so sweet leh. kids r so innocent.

ur dh temperamental ah? mine also leh. sometimes got PMS. though still a good hubby. hahaha...

weefee's mummy > my son also like that leh. wake up alr, will look up to c if i'm awake. he'll give me a sweetest smile if i m - it's the best way to start our day.

parents r forever so wei da. willing to sacrifice everything for us. n most fogiving.

CanCanMum

hi mrs puppy,

yeah, my son being sweet makes me 4get watever naughty moments he had. He sure knows how to "por" me.

i think most mummies here think their hb is temperamental.. angry or sad no telltale signs one. Very seldom we encounter guys who will be outspoken and share their emotions... Ask them also no reply...nvm la, as long as still good husband can't ask for more right...

SunShine07

very simple, just take care of family and most importantly loves u.
Then my is not a good hb lor.....he didn't take care of the family at all, dun bother even to play with my ds. Love me or not? :nah: I am not sure.....he love himself more.

shopaholic

1) My kids are lovely and healthy. Sure, there are moments when they act up but most of the times, they are really sweet and lovely. I am extremely happy when they hugged me out of the sudden and tell me they love mummy. :)

2) I hv a understanding and loving hubby. He sends me to work and spends time with me and the kids over the wkends. He's a family oriented man and dotes on the kids. He has never raised his voice at me since I know him and he respects my family. He's also pretty hands-on with the kids since they were babies, so I can rest and can rely on him to do some night-feeds if required. My mum often tells me I married a good man!

3) I hv a fairly nice working environment. I cant say it's not stressful but I'm glad I hv pretty nice colleagues and subordinates. Everything else, I'll learn to manage.

4) My inlaws are nice people. There are moments when I do not like certain comments but I do know they are kind folks with no ill intentions and they dote on my kids.

5) Inflation rate is high but we are coping well. Although some cutbacks are necessary, hubby and I agreed that yearly vacations are a must. :)

6) My neighbours are nice and friendly people. No noisy or petty ones.

7) Now that the kids are slightly older, I do hv more time for myself. Be it to blog, surf net, meet friends etc.

EnFlor

I am blessed with 3 precious kiddos, a wonderful supportive hubby and understanding parents and inlaws. All the good stuff details.....nah, lemme keep them to myself.

and of course, sharing parenting and relationship pointers and learning through this forum is equally good too.

Need i ask for more ???? Not now....maybe next time, who knows! :wong29:

SH74

Then my is not a good hb lor.....he didn't take care of the family at all, dun bother even to play with my ds. Love me or not? :nah: I am not sure.....he love himself more.
dun give up. try communicate w him. mayb he's not used to the family responsibilities. my hubby initially like urs. now so much better aft many communication.

to me, good hubby also means FAITHFUL (emotionally, spiritually, physically, mentally) to wife and family.

CanCanMum

no lah not necessary, eh? HAhaha how to put it...just out of curiosity, becoz when all of us decided to get married it must be some factors to drive us to make that imp decision...so if 1st love and ended up blissful marriage will be good lor. But most of my friends married their 1st bf, marriage life ok lah. But some still stayed as single after so many bfs, some has so many bf and finally decided to choose the *th one, so somehow is predestined...i think.

no lah not necessary, eh? HAhaha how to put it...just out of curiosity, becoz when all of us decided to get married it must be some factors to drive us to make that imp decision...so if 1st love and ended up blissful marriage will be good lor. But most of my friends married their 1st bf, marriage life ok lah. But some still stayed as single after so many bfs, some has so many bf and finally decided to choose the *th one, so somehow is predestined...i think.

i got to know my husband in IRC. it may still seem like taboo to meet & date pple from internet ... but my DH & i are proof that love through the world wide web is possible. anyway it's not like we met over dating agency - at that time we were both attached to other pple whom we met outside.

one night, even before i met my DH in person, we were chatting about something when all of a sudden out of nowhere, i had this very intensed feeling that this guy was going to be my husband.

it scared me. but ... well, somehow the rest is history! :tlaugh:

SunShine07

dun give up. try communicate w him. mayb he's not used to the family responsibilities. my hubby initially like urs. now so much better aft many communication.

to me, good hubby also means FAITHFUL (emotionally, spiritually, physically, mentally) to wife and family.
I agreed with you. To me, if he ever cheat on me again, i swear i won't forgive him.

I don't know, after my these years with him, i just feel so tired....infact i don't know if i still have feelings for him, especially after i have my son. Maybe i still have this forgiveness in me, and whenever i tot of the way he abuse me b4, i just feel so :bmad:. And worst is, whenever i raise up this issue, not only he dun feel guilty, but he get pissed off and said that why keep brooding over it???

Initially i was really hurt, but now i hate him. i know it is not right.

Well, anyway i don't feel like talking to him anymore, i just don't feel like being close to him.......just wan to be with my beloved son, that's all. :)

I agreed with you. To me, if he ever cheat on me again, i swear i won't forgive him.

I don't know, after my these years with him, i just feel so tired....infact i don't know if i still have feelings for him, especially after i have my son. Maybe i still have this forgiveness in me, and whenever i tot of the way he abuse me b4, i just feel so :bmad:. And worst is, whenever i raise up this issue, not only he dun feel guilty, but he get pissed off and said that why keep brooding over it???

Initially i was really hurt, but now i hate him. i know it is not right.

Well, anyway i don't feel like talking to him anymore, i just don't feel like being close to him.......just wan to be with my beloved son, that's all. :)

i totally, totally know how you feel cos i been in tt position before. & i was actually seriously considering separation becos to me, i would rather bring my DS up in an environment where his parents are separate but the adults around him are stable (i.e. grandparents) RATHER THAN him having parents who are together but are unhappy & fighting all the time.

you see liang`jia sometimes staying together jus becos u don wan your DS to have "broken family" does not mean that family is happy. what is the use of having parents stay under one roof but everyday fight, or mummy daddy never talk, never go out, never love ... it's very sad.

as separate parents, the mother can bring the son live with his grandparents who are loving & can provide a stable environment with love & comfort. seriously ... to me it's a much, much better option for the long-run.

if you really love your son you mus consider all these factors very, very seriously.

whatever it is, remember to make informed decisions that are in the best interests of yur child.

CanCanMum

hah, mine is, but i am my DH's no. 2... But u r really lucky lor! Mine is so far so good lar but still room for improvement ....