Allergy + Confusion

Dear all mummies,
I am 23 weeks pregnant with my 2nd baby. And this just strike my mind that till now I have not been choosy abt the foods I consume. Coz I had morning sickness till 4mnth. And till now sometime i feel I still have it. So i just eat whtever i feel like having whenever i am hungry. So my main concern is that if i dnt have any food allergy, will my baby develop any as my hubby has allergy from certain foods. and his family members too allergic to some foods. if i really have to avoid certain food, what are they ?

my next apt to doctor is on september. so i m searching online for an answer but not sure abt it. what do u think? or whats ur opinion if u had or have such experience.....

P.s: my 1st child has no allergy reaction till now. he is 4 years old.

thank u all for sharing.....

Alisa

the food u eat now will not trigger any allergy for yr child after birth. even if yr child should have any allergy to food, that is his body immune system and usually those food he is allergy during infant or toddler time, he may out grown it and will be able to have them when he is older.

Hi Alisa,
thanks for sharing the info. Now i am tensed free. And hopefully this baby will be strong enough and will hv no allergy frm food. Coz this allery thing is rly irritating smtime.

sicapie

Even if you do not have any food allergy, but as your hubby as it, thus there is a chance that your baby might develop it. Try to avoid too much peanuts as there is it may increase the risk of baby developing peanut allergy. But fret not, there is no solid medicinal grounds on this though. You may wanna refer to this article: Eating Peanuts While Pregnant May Up Allergy Risk

For myself, I just ensure that I take everything in moderation and limit my peanut intake during my 3rd trimester.