annual shutdown for christmas and NY

January84

hi, anyone of you have annual shutdown by company but have to clear by own AL?

i am working in US MNC, have this annual shutdown yearly for a week from 24 Dec onwards till 1 Jan.

However, we are required to clear that as AL. If this year leave not enuff will clear as advance leave from next year.

I wanted to save my AL but cannot cos forced to go on leave. . . its one of the rules too. . .

anyone in same situation?

January84

oh.... our annual shutdown is compulsoy but during that shutdown period, you have to clear your own AL ley...

badtzzz

seems new to me...i hve nv hear of this b4...

my ex co. is frm switzerland but nv had this as well..

use this time for a short trip to bintan or malaysia or batam lor...:)

yup. my company has compulsory Christmas & NY leave as well. if you really want to collect your leave, why don't you go around the system? collect between Jan - Nov, then in Dec you take the whole month!!

that's what i plan to do (but i don think i have enough days until whole month lah heh)

if your hubby knows abt your forced leave (which he should), he can start applying to take leave @ the same time too.

veronica

Actually I thought annual shutdown only in other countries like USA. I also never know Singapore also have....

Is this only applicable to manufacturing companies here?

January84

haha, i don have that many leave,,, my DH cannot take leave one, cos theirs work got $ no work no $, unless contract ends,,, haha..

January84

Actually I thought annual shutdown only in other countries like USA. I also never know Singapore also have....

Is this only applicable to manufacturing companies here?
we have here cos no point to be in operation when bosses are on holiday. our bosses mostly in US ma. . .

DymKoh

Me in JP MNC..they do have something like block leaves..which we called forced to take leave..about 3times per year..

mstan

Yes, in my current company, whatsoever shutdown, they will deduct our AL, thou is not our wish not to work, sounds unfair huh... Hey, wait a minute, I can't believe I'm working in an MNC company yet staff benefits sucks! (Despite of a few years survey had been done)

Cheyenne

Hi, not for my company. But many people are on leave (got quite a few Expes here who will be on home leave), so I don't mind to go back to work in a quiet environment. Good time to catch up on manual work and colleagues... chat chat here and there.

But, previously my counter part in KL got forced leave during CNY period for full 15 days as many Malaysian needs to travel further to go back to their home town. Tell you, those days are so terrible.... can't go visiting when most friends are already back to work. can't go shopping (no $ by then). In the end, some of us came back to clear emails to kill time.

My company force all contract staff to take unpaid leave from 15 dec to 2 jan....

And only can use earned leave to offset.....

I am going to be force to take unpaid leave for 8.5 days cause not enough earn leave.....