any 2002 kiddos parents here

JenLee98

WOW ... LUCKY U ..... Ai Tong so popular, alot of parents wanting to shift to that area and/or do PV just to get their kids in.

simplyjo

Dear Mommies & Dadddies of 2002 kiddies,

Have your children started to have spelling & 听写 in school? Mine started simple ones in K1 last year but did not have to spell them out then. Janelle had her 1st K2 spelling & 听写 last week, so far so good. But when I first looked at the lists, I nearly fainted when I saw her 听写 comes with 奶奶, 外婆 etc... I think I only learn these in P2??? Some years back I even saw my cousin 听写 with 海豚!!! :we2shocked:

Spelling is very easy for her to learn cos I printed all the wordings on flash cards and find a associated picture to that word and she can remember them very easily... 听写 is the headache one... :wong31: How to teach her yet not stress her?

Anyone with good tried & tested methods? I feel that getting little children to be interested in learning Chinese is a great challenge cos if they like it, they will enjoy the learning process. Otherwise, they will hate the language forever... I don't think the teaching method my dad used on me 20 over years ago can work my kids now...

But one thing for sure, hb definitely cannot teach the children on schoolwork he keeps erasing their writings and insists they write nicely... This always makes the girls hopping mad! Hahaha...

jedamum

hi, simplyjo.
my ds1's pcf does not have any spelling or 听写 at all. i have not given him any spelling or 听写 to practise at home too.
but to reinforce 听写, i guess it is good to practise writing. my boy will usually know how to write a certain chinese word after practising for 1-2 lines.

Last edited:

vion

Yes my dd's PCF oso has spellings n 听写.

Like many, Eng's spellings r easy cos we can learn verbally wherever we go oso. As for 听写, dd started Chinese Recognition class since last yr, from wat I c, she now got no prob reading simple chinese words. By oredi recognising the words, I c tt it's easier for her to memorise the word in written form. However, for her to really remember will still hv to practice writing lor.

JenLee98

Just gave my girl chinese spelling, tomorrow 2 words 'xiao' (laugh) and 'ku' (cry).

Last week men and women ..... sorry hv to type in English, no chinese wordstar software :embarrassed:

Friend

Yeye - boy
Vion - Verone - Jan Gal
Jedamum - Jerald - Aug boy
Xiaoxue - Skye - Oct boy
Mami_Jazz - Javen - Sep boy
City.Pumpkin - Oct Gal
Xiaodaisy - boy
Abkoh - Ace - May boy
Dymples - J1 - Nov
jxy_mum - Dec Gal
friend - Sept Gal

jedamum

mummies, did you give your kid any DHA or Omega 3 supplements?
i am thinking of getting but not sure what brand is good.

Pavilion8612

Jedamum,

My ds taking Nordic Naturals - I believe has DHA. It's more for immunity as he's in childcare.

My ds CC doesn't have tingxie. I'm kinda worried if he can cope with chinese next time. Btw, anyone has recommendation for swimming coach in Tampines?

Also Update:-
Yeye - boy
Vion - Verone - Jan Gal - Woodgrove Pri Sch
Jedamum - Jerald - Aug boy - Trying BPPS
Xiaoxue - Skye - Oct boy -
Fernvale Pri
Mami_Jazz - Javen - Sep boy - Holy Innocents' Pri
City.Pumpkin - Oct Gal
Xiaodaisy - boy
Abkoh - Ace - May boy
Dymples - J1 - Nov
jxy_mum - Dec Gal
pavilion8612 - Lucas - April boy
JenLee98 - Clarice - Apr Girl - Anderson PS (doing PV)

friend - Sept Gal

EnFlor

Latest Update:-
Yeye - boy
Xiaoxue - Skye - Oct boy - Fernvale Pri
City.Pumpkin - Oct Gal
Xiaodaisy - boy
Abkoh - Ace - May boy
Dymples - J1 - Nov
jxy_mum - Dec Gal
friend - Sept Gal
EnFlor - eldest boy, Oct bb.

In mid-yr, we will all be bz with registration yah!

jedamum

enflor...
mine is not mid year...mine is in aug...cos phase 2 C ma...haiz.

thanks pavilion and jenlee for the replies
i also gave original cod liver oil and appetite booster. thinking of getting supplements containing omega3 and DHA cos my boy seldom eats fish and i heard that such supplements is good to combat myopia and good for brain. :)

jamie

halo..
my son is 2002 too. jan bb:)
just wondering if there is anyone kid who is oredi in child care? and who other enrichment classes do they attend?

cheers!

funfantastic4

hi.......am new here.....my gal born in April 2002.....trying for Beacon.....but have to use my parents address cos after school will go back parents plc. She born big......appetite....very good :Dancing_wub:.....so have to control......current wt. 22kg......cannot give multi vitamins cos appetite will increase. Still on bottled milk....but now cut down to 2 x a day....:nah:.....one in the morning....n one b4 her nap in d afternoon:shyxxx:

Last edited:

funfantastic4

btw.......she enrolled in phonics class......must recommand......Jan & Elly :red:....she started reading fully @ 5.....but weak in Maths....dun know where to send her...anyone can recommand?

jedamum

hi.......am new here.....my gal born in April 2002.....trying for Beacon.....but have to use my parents address cos after school will go back parents plc. She born big......appetite....very good :Dancing_wub:.....so have to control......current wt. 22kg......cannot give multi vitamins cos appetite will increase. Still on bottled milk....but now cut down to 2 x a day....:nah:.....one in the morning....n one b4 her nap in d afternoon:shyxxx:
hi,
beacon means your kid will be the second batch of students. while it is good, a gentle reminder will be that if you intend to shift home next time resulting in transfer of school, your kid may have difficulty adapting to normal teaching in normal schools as beacon is using interative teaching. jmho.
wa..22kg. my boy is 18kg...his appetite is tiny. haiz. he hates milk and i have to force him to drink half a cup a day.

funfantastic4

well...no plans to move house @ the moment.....so juz try beacon.....even if we do move house....must be around bkt panjang cos....my parents are here.....:wink:

my gals currently @ Jan & Elly Rail Mall branch (Bukit Timah) :magneta:....very near bkt panjang......my 2nd juz started this year....if compared to elder sis.....i sent her later cos wanted a specific teacher for her .....so miss the early boat.....and when eventually got her a place with that specific teacher.....she resigned cos got another job in Dubai :wong7: .....hai.......what to do.....waste so much time already.........:wecry:

think they have another branch @ serangoon....but dun know if teachers are the same.....

any recommandations for maths? a bit KS lah......she still cannot do number bonds.....only knows simply + n - :wewub:

funfantastic4

Latest Update:-
Yeye - boy
Xiaoxue - Skye - Oct boy - Fernvale Pri
City.Pumpkin - Oct Gal
Xiaodaisy - boy
Abkoh - Ace - May boy
Dymples - J1 - Nov
jxy_mum - Dec Gal
friend - Sept Gal
EnFlor - eldest boy, Oct bb.
funfantastic4 - Arianna, April - Beacon or BPPS

jedamum

well...no plans to move house @ the moment.....so juz try beacon.....even if we do move house....must be around bkt panjang cos....my parents are here.....:wink:

my gals currently @ Jan & Elly Rail Mall branch (Bukit Timah) :magneta:....very near bkt panjang......my 2nd juz started this year....if compared to elder sis.....i sent her later cos wanted a specific teacher for her .....so miss the early boat.....and when eventually got her a place with that specific teacher.....she resigned cos got another job in Dubai :wong7: .....hai.......what to do.....waste so much time already.........:wecry:

think they have another branch @ serangoon....but dun know if teachers are the same.....

any recommandations for maths? a bit KS lah......she still cannot do number bonds.....only knows simply + n - :wewub:
oh rail mall. very near to my place. may consider that for my ds2 next time...so will probably contact you for feedback. :)
for math enrichment hor, my boy signed up with MMI (just a stone throw away from your jan and elly) and my advise is don't waste your time there unless you want your kid to pick up basics/fundamentals like
- addition without carrying over
- addition with carrying over
- subtraction without borrowing
- subtraction with borrowing
- multiplication
- division
- time
- fractions
save for the division and fractions, my boy knows all of the rest of the curriculum (although different teaching method is used).
their website state for 5-7yrs old and to my horror, their recent brochure printed its for 4.5-5yrs old! i'm going to call for explanation tomorrow.
anyway, i heard that enopi is good. think there is one at bukit panjang. too far for me.