Any advice for the New born Formula milk powder

jocpt

Hi All Mummies....

Is that any advice / recommendation for the New Born milk powder? i'm MTB in 30week + and i'm nw searching and wish to get more info for the milk powder.

Thanks in advance.

Gem2505

every bb has different digestive system.
KKH gave similac. i find that bb's poo is oily.
so i switched to friso gold 1. so far, so good.
many bb ard me also taking friso gold. can try.
guardian always got promo for friso. pricing also reasonable.

shiyi

sign up for diff brands. they will give u samples. see which one fits your budget and baby's taste

joeybeadz

Breastmilk is the best! save water, electric, money, etc. ;)

But not many brands available in big tin, i must say. limited stock too. And must of the time no promo for stage 1. We tried similac and Mamil Gold. Similac is more heaty for my little one.

anabella

my babies were born at sgh, they were on similac in the hospital.. but we find that their poo was hard and not everyday.. and their face had little red spots..den i changed to enfalac..now poo everyday, their face clear up.. i find similac smells a bit fishy while enfalac smells nicer.. enfalac more ex though..

XenXuan

My 2yr son was on Wyeth S26,KKH gave him that when born..breastfed him for 2mths n carried on in Wyeth S26 progress gold series since..we tried other brands from cheap to expensive but he din like it n some brands like dumex looks so synthetic when we make the milk.. We oso mix karihome goats milk formula into his milk for stronger n healthier nutrition as goats milk is nearest to breastmilk nutrition..my son hardly fall sick since birth..

redjn

i prefer Friso Gold brand. no complain so far. My boy is on it since born & now he already 4+. btw, I recent start my boy with Goats Milk (Karihome) as extra supplement. All I know some PD highly recommand this brand for new born, u can try this too if u like. Just be prepare that this brand milk is quite costly.

ctee

i'm in dilemma. instead of choosing the right milk powder, i'm now trying out the different teats for 1 month plus old baby. she seems to have hard time to suckle. btw i bought a soy based milk powder to try feeding, i don't know if it's good. any comment on soy based milk?

sept2980

Hi my son was on soy milk too.... Notice lesser cough and phleam problem compare to my girl...

By the way I have isomil very much cheaper than retail stage 1 too! See my blog

Baby & Milk
Buying thru my clinic

gumbokins

By NB you mean stage 1, right?

Do try to breastfeed if you can, those first few hours esp after delivery coz of colostrum. Your milk won't come in till a few days later.

But it's OK to keep a tin of FM for standby at home, just in case. Stage 1 formulas are never on special because the ethics code wants to encourage mums to BF for at least the first 6 months, which is why you also cannot get Step 1 samples.

To me, all FMs are more or less the same, apart from the soy based and goat milk ones. So you might also want to consider price, as some FM are more ex than others.

joeybeadz

i'm in dilemma. instead of choosing the right milk powder, i'm now trying out the different teats for 1 month plus old baby. she seems to have hard time to suckle. btw i bought a soy based milk powder to try feeding, i don't know if it's good. any comment on soy based milk?
Soy based milk is more expensive than normal cow's formula. Unless ur bb could not take it. And they do not offer in bigger tin. Max is just 900g.

plaingina

hi mummies

anyone know if there are different versions for similac infant (stage 1) FM?

is there a similac 1 and similac 1 NG?

Paulynntanpl

Gave my bb soy base n his poo came out like marble. Basically at 6 weeks I tried many different type. But as what they say it depends on individual babies. Enfalac makes my baby uncomfy in his tummy. Similac was easier but the milk powder is harder to mix well. Soy makes his stool ultra hard n my hubby n I got a shock when his poo came out hard like marble and small. Enfalac AR makes his poo drier so we stick to but now gg to change to nan pro coz bb has imbalance in gut flora n nan pro comes with probiotic. Although we seem like crazy testing so many formula bb is healthy and gaining weight still.

Hope u find one best for ur bb