Any aid-free sleep solution for 1 yr baby?

My dearest son is 11 months now. Thanks god he has good sleep habit. He sleeps 2-3 hrs at daytime and 9-10 hrs at night. He only wakes up one time when he was 4 month old. When he was about 8 months he can sleep through night with aid of pacifier. i.e. when he wakes up at mid-night, I give him pacifier to calm and sooth him and he can continue to sleep till 6 am.
At his 6 months, we sent him to my hubby’s aunty house for day time care as both of us need to work. She introduced sarong baby cradle to him. According to her, he cant sleep when he firstly arrived her home. But that is fine, until recently my boy self wean off pacifier as he rely more on sarong to sleep. We dunt use sarong for his night sleep and dunt want to use it in the future also. So now I need to wake up every night to hoax him to sleep, like changing diaper, feeding milk and pat him etc. I am wondering how to make him sleep through night again without pacifier? Thanks!:001_302:

littlehelper

Let him have a security blanket/bolster.
Have a bedtime routine for him.
Eg: Read a short story, turn on soothing music, you say goodnite,leave the room.

It may be hard at first but consistency helps!

apollo

he wakes up during midnight too? for night feeds or he just want a sense of security? ds also started to wake up in the middle of night when we let him slp on his own (in the same rm) cos he used to co-slp with us cos he wasnt used to it. and he will ake up EVERY NIGHT for our attention. my hub got no choice but to slp on the floor with him until recently. i think he took more than 6mths to get used to slping alone.

I think now u shd let him get used to him slping routine again. if he wake up for milk, either give him water or dont give him too much milk. slowly decrease the amount of milk given. we did that to ds when he wake up for milk. haha. if is the sense of security that he is seeking for (since u said he wants either sarong or pacifier), then maybe can try littlehelper's method: security blanket or bolster. ds has a security bolster too and i think maybe he has that tt's y he can slowly slp thru on his own w/o us acc him =)

Thanks, mummies.
I think I ve got to find out why he wakes up at middle of night, and try out the tips, e.g. security blanket or bolster. will try to establish his bedtime rountine also. Good suggestions!
he wakes up during midnight too? for night feeds or he just want a sense of security? ds also started to wake up in the middle of night when we let him slp on his own (in the same rm) cos he used to co-slp with us cos he wasnt used to it. and he will ake up EVERY NIGHT for our attention. my hub got no choice but to slp on the floor with him until recently. i think he took more than 6mths to get used to slping alone.

I think now u shd let him get used to him slping routine again. if he wake up for milk, either give him water or dont give him too much milk. slowly decrease the amount of milk given. we did that to ds when he wake up for milk. haha. if is the sense of security that he is seeking for (since u said he wants either sarong or pacifier), then maybe can try littlehelper's method: security blanket or bolster. ds has a security bolster too and i think maybe he has that tt's y he can slowly slp thru on his own w/o us acc him =)