Any bad experience with confinement ladies?

luvbene

Hi,

Me too Had SUPER DUPer Horrible experience with CL called "YING Jie" from Malaysia too JB. As a first time mum i am not sure about feedings and taking care of baby. She came on day of delivery and for the whole month she only fed my poor son 60ml of milk!!! I tried to latch my baby she would always be impatient and keep asking "have i finish?? how come so long??" I got pissed off and told her that new born fall asleep easily and is only an hour i breastfed my baby! she would ask me to pump out :| SHe will always wait for my boy to cry like mad then she slowly take her own sweet time to go n prepare the milk....!Everytime i asked her huh my boy only drink so little she will reply oh he is so small what...
Her cooking super oily, houseworks worse! She uses the broom when i asked her to vacum cleaner, she refused and use the broom like a feather duster to clean the floor! when come to dusting of baby cot, i swiped the dust and let her see, she say "How come got dust, i everyday clean" ?!?!?!
Come to bathing of baby, my boy will cry like mad in the shower everytime she bath him and that gives me the creep.. i was thinking OMG showering a newborn makes the fella SCREAM ?! when she go back HOW?? Even when changing diapers and clothes after shower my boy still cry like mad! now i know she is rough... Cos when i took over i shower my boy he is sooo happy! :)
Last when my confinement going to end for the month, the last week, my boy seem to have breathing problems as he breathe with very loud noise. So we brought to KKH and there he was being hospitalised for 4 days. Please DO NOT EVER EMPLOY this CL called "YING JIE" is a nightmare!!!

luvbene

Hi everyone,

I called up this popular CL, Liqing or rather my friend helped me to call her up. She was not available but she recommended her jiemei, Mei Jie, to me. I have not spoken to her formally but has arranged to meet up sometime this week.

Any one has experience with this CL, Mei Jie? Can share with me?

I am a little skeptical here with the recommendation for the following reasons:
1) CL, Liqing, sounded over-enthusiastic. Because my EDD is really near, Jan 2010, she kept on telling me that I need to book fast otherwise she will refer someone else to this friend of hers. I agreed to talk to Mei Jie and had arranged the time to speak with her. Kind of missed the time cos I went for lunch but managed to get hold of Mei Jie to arrange to meet her this week to do a face-to-face interview. Just becos I missed the time to speak to Mei Jie, Liqing called me up a few times to follow up?

2) When we spoke over the phone, she asked me directly if I really need a CL. How come I did not meet her fren as planned? Saying things like if I am not interested, she will pass the contact to someone else. Say things like she is so booked up till July 2010 and I was in the midst of working!!!!! Very busy busy busy!!! I told her I had already made arrangements with her recommendations to call her within this week to meet her as she is doing her confinement assignment near my work place but I need to call her when I am available. Then she said oh ok, book fast otherwise no one can do for you. It really makes me wonder why is she so kan-cheong. Should not it be me that is kan-cheong cos I am the one without CL at this last minute?

3) The other thing is when she called me to follow up, I heard a baby crying in the background and and isn't she supposed to take care of the baby? I was the one that cut her off and tell her I am busy so that I hope she can take care of the baby. Isn't that her job? I know Liqing is a popular CL, but just wonder what is the experience mothers have with her. Seems to me, she is more interested to help her frens to get business or increase her commission.

4) When I speak with her fren, Mei Jie, saying I will adhoc call her cos my working schedule is tight. She told me no worries. She is available at any time to talk with me. I felt like "huh? Aren't you busy taking care of the mommy and baby? How come so free to meet me any time?"

So I was wondering if anyone has any confinement experience with this CL, Mei Jie, recommended by CL, Liqing? Would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks.
Hi,

Actually if you can find someone u know to do confinement is better.. for me the same, i think is i called LIqing she say fully booked i wanted her to do COnfinemnt at that time was July 2010 but my boy came out in june :D and she again recommended me someone else and that someone else last minute say she is sick and recommended me someone which is called HORRIBLE Ying JIE!! Pleaseee DO ever HIRE her! she Complained a lot and do not do her job properly like when my son full month she come around asking me who is this person n that person instead of helping out in the full month celebration?! ... Lots n lotsss more....
Just Do not HIRE this CL!! Thats my advice..

joelhoon

My confinement haven't even started and i felt lousy already.

She seems nice over the phone so we call her over for interview. Hubby likes her..i was comfortable with her...until just now she called to push me to confirm baby-sitting with the price same as the confinement price.....She claim that i better confirm her now cause she is going for another interview later for other job and the agent is very keen to look job for her..She claims that she is not like other untie...that why she charge higher....

Then i had an arguement for the first time with my hubby becuase of this lady..
My hubby now then tell me that the confinement price was a little costy as his colleauge was paying the same amount but the lady stayed over nite..

Now i am furious.
I already pay the deposit for the confinement....
I am really very upset now...feel like just give up the deposit and find other lady instead....

pinetartsg

There is one known as Ah Lian (dark and short hair ...look like late 50s) . She was recommended by a confinement lady called GuiHua for $1900k per mth. She told me she has >10 yrs experience but performance is damn lousy. MAybe old already. I bf my baby and he poo a few tijme sper day. She did not clean properly as a result infections and need to be hospitalised due to urine infections caused by the poo. My hospi bill > $2k !!!! i SACKED HER IMMEDIATELY..PRORATED HER PAY BY CENTS. She called again ask me why..my hubby 'f!$$%&^%&*%(*^ ' over the phone also.

elaine01

Come to think about it, are these CL overcharging us for their service. Do they really worth the value and who can guarantee their service and how do they know what food is good for us. Is only after my delivery then I realised that not all people is suitable to eat ginger during confinement. It had to depend on the condition of your health during that period.

elmo[/QUOTE]

:we2Randy-git:

pinetartsg

Elaine, yes agree with u. Their rates also keep going up.Furthermore, current exch rate 2.38! There is one lion appetite - Liqing asking for $2200 (and must cover her taxi fare to & fro) I read from one daddy bad experience...I feel so sorry for him. Not sure why people still give reommendation.

esthergal

I have a very bad experience with my confinement lady. She's from Johor, Malaysia. Her name is Ah Kheng, something like that, around 50 years old.

She's lazy (not willing to cook for me n cooking damn lousy, always repeat the same dish everyday, eat until i fed up). Her attitude is rude and always like want to quarrel with not only me when we ask her to do something (politely), but also my hubby... Also not pro-breastfeeding, very demoralizing... really a nightmare having her around.

In the end, I asked her to leave after 2 weeks :embarrassed:

Last edited:

esthergal

To further describe her, she's short, a bit plump. Stay away from her if you want to enjoy your confinement period :embarrassed:

dpng

Hi,

Just wanna share my experience. This confinement lady by the name Siew Lian from malaysia , was recommended by my sister. However, she has the worst attitude any confinement lady can have. I had contacted her 7 months before my EDD and she agreed to take up the assignment and asked me to call her nearer to the date. I then tried contacting her 2 months before my EDD. She is non contactable. Had been trying to contact her and only manage to get her after I delivered. She didn't even feel bad about it. Then she came 2 days later. And only in the evening did she informed me that she can only stay for 14 days as she had overstayed for the previous assignment. I also got to know that she has another assignment the month after mine. Find her really irresponsible. Especially when I being pregnant has to be stressed up when I cannot find her and that I have to look for another person during my confinement.

The other lady that I managed to get wasn't good. She charged $2100 and was full of praised of herself. But she isn't as good as wat she think she is. She is kinda lazy, cook little variety of food, eat the food on the table without asking, on the tv every night without asking, cook fishes almost everyday for herself etc. I call her Fang Jie.

I just hope that others will not need to go through what I went through with these ladies.

MeganLim

Elaine, yes agree with u. Their rates also keep going up.Furthermore, current exch rate 2.38! There is one lion appetite - Liqing asking for $2200 (and must cover her taxi fare to & fro) I read from one daddy bad experience...I feel so sorry for him. Not sure why people still give reommendation.
Hi I called that liqing previously too quote me 2.3k!!!

She anyhow "chop"

Edmom

I had bad experience with my confinement lady also.
she didn't really do her job well, after few days i can walk then went into my kitchen, 'god!' fishy smell, frige handle, floor was very oily, table even worse, and her hands always got fishy smell, and how can she handle baby with dirty hands.:nah:
she didn't really care about my baby, after give birth, the first week we went to hospital twice, coz she done something wrong, my baby got infection, was running fever... and i didn't rest well...
anyway, she only stay in my house for ten days, then asked her to go back.:nah::nah:

cseen

any1 has this CFM lady by the name of qin jie.. it's passed down by the cfm lady I wanted.. but she's booked..she recommended her fren to me.. i only know her as qin jie... pls do let me know if any1 have bad experience with cfm lady by the name of this. thanks!

pinetartsg

Liqing now asking for 2.3k? wow, I am shock. Last year, when I called her, she is asking only $2.1k and on top, she wants to & fro angpow and to &fro taxi fare. Anyway, its demand and supply and offer and acceptance theories. If demand is more than supply and people are willing to pay, then we have no say.
From her pic (one of the dad who has bad experience with her posted in the web, I find her too skinny and people said she only eat bread. I have a few kids and had diff confinement nanny for each. They all ate proper meals and didn't mind eating my leftover (they know confinement food are 'ho liao ' mah)..but if liqing can ask so much $ (which in a sense know how to calculate very well) then why did she eat only bread? The only guess for me is maybe she is sick eg. diabetes? kidney? soem sickness/disease. Just my guess may not be true. BUT, just be careful. I ever had a confinement nanny that steal my babies clothes and 6 packs of pigeon wipers gone after she left my house. Thus, after that, for my 2nd child I check their bag when they leave my house.

elaine01

Liqing now asking for 2.3k? wow, I am shock. Last year, when I called her, she is asking only $2.1k and on top, she wants to & fro angpow and to &fro taxi fare. Anyway, its demand and supply and offer and acceptance theories. If demand is more than supply and people are willing to pay, then we have no say.
From her pic (one of the dad who has bad experience with her posted in the web, I find her too skinny and people said she only eat bread. I have a few kids and had diff confinement nanny for each. They all ate proper meals and didn't mind eating my leftover (they know confinement food are 'ho liao ' mah)..but if liqing can ask so much $ (which in a sense know how to calculate very well) then why did she eat only bread? The only guess for me is maybe she is sick eg. diabetes? kidney? soem sickness/disease. Just my guess may not be true. BUT, just be careful. I ever had a confinement nanny that steal my babies clothes and 6 packs of pigeon wipers gone after she left my house. Thus, after that, for my 2nd child I check their bag when they leave my house.
She's definitely not sick. She's just a small eater that's all. When you're 24 hours on your toes, appetitie would be pretty affected to huh? I know & read of that dad's complains of her. I would say different people have different expectations. If she's so horrible, why do my cousins, girlfriends & colleagues only want her & nobody else despite the rate? Think about it.

pinetartsg

elaine01- Like I say, it is up to individual. An offer is made and if u accept it, then a deal is clinched. You even sent me a personal email to say u willing to pay $3k or more, then I believe from your perspective that is the fair value service $3k fee. I quote you an eg. that there are people who willing to pay $1m for a HDB flat also, what can you say more then? I am not sure how u r related to her but I can know you have been reocmmending her and defensing for her. You can even pay $4k, 5k.... no impact on us..but u are driving up the market rate for all other nannies. You may not need nanny anymore, but think of others who are still looking for nanny.

NiVleK

Alpha Male
Hi gals, I am that daddy who posted about Auntie Liqing.

To start off, I have no grudges against her whatsoever. And despite Elaine01 request for removing that post, I will not do it simply because it is just mine and my wife's personal experience. It is like a review, some like it, others hate it.

For why I hate it, I have photos to prove and experience to share. Anyone reading can take it with a pinch of salt.

I do agree with pinetartsg. Nannies are getting expensive. Very. It's like COE!

And to quote Elaine01 from my blog comments:

CL from TMC, daytime only, was $2200 5 years ago. Their rate increase $100 yearly. I spent a minimum of $5k on all the herbs before i deliver. Spend another $2k on more quality herbs during confinement. If we dont take in more tonics during confinement, after confinement how much tonics we tae is pointless.
For me, if there were the case and CL cost $2700 now, I think I will search higher and lower for MUCH more alternatives. And I doubt all families can afford such high premiums.

And $7K for all the herbs? I can survive on that feeding myself and my small family for months!

Elaine01, perhaps you are at the top 1% of the income earners but think of the other "normal" people like us.

mirage

Alpha Male
Hi, I'm reluctant to post at first, but looking how damaging negative comments can be, I do feel the need to clear the air a little...

Auntie Liqing is currently the confinement lady for my wife. I cannot speak for the other CLs under fire, but based on our expectations, auntie Liqing is doing every bit what a confinement lady should do and we are pleased with her service.
:Dancing_wub:

Please bear in mind that general housework and cooking for the husband is actually not part of CL's scope of work. So never take it for granted. Confinement food is supposedly for the mother and not everyone is used to the strong smells of ginger or vinegar, etc Do not expect a feast for the money you spent on confinement food.

Not everyone can accept the confinement practices and food. We should do ourselves and others a favour, to assess whether we should hire a CL based on our way of living and if we do not believe in confinement practices, then do not hire a CL and then condemn her when her ways conflict with ours. A CL is not a cook, a maid or a babysitter. We have to set the right expectations and know what we are getting into...

A "review" on someone is not just based on personal experience, there is the responsibility behind the remarks and the potential to tarnish other's reputation if they are biased and misleading to the uninitiated. A negative comment is damaging no matter how well we put it, grudge or no grudge. It is human nature to judge and jump to conclusions.

One man's food can be another man's poison. Comments on the same person should not differ miles apart if they are objective. Maybe some self-reflection is in order? :001_302: