Any bad experience with confinement ladies?

yingjie

I am an experienced confinement lady, i have 20 over years of experience. Any interested mother-to-be can call me at 97987217.

Siong

To all mothers to be,

Please avoid the CL by the name of Pei Ying, Singapore number 82870698, Malaysia number 020177585772. She played me out on the last minute when my baby is coming out early Aug. Now I have to look for another CL

magdalenechoo

hi all,
im new to this thread. my EDD on 8 Dec, have opt for C-Sect on 25 Nov 2011.

Signed contract 2months ago with PEM Confinement Nanny Agency. Anyone here used them before? They were very highly recommended on the internet and also heavily featured in Channel 8, U, 5, motherhood and magazines etc.

SHP

Confinement nanny from PEM Confinement agency?

Hi Mummies, any of you ever hired confinement nanny from PEM Confinement agency? I have engagged PEM agency for my confinement and my due date is coming soon. Can mummies share your experiences with PEM agency? Any blacklisted or good recommendation nannies from there? Can give me the nanny's full name so I can beware of and also make reservation for the good nanny. Thanks a lot!

specialgift

Re: Confinement nanny from PEM Confinement agency?

Hi mummies,
I would recommend this agency A-team A-TEAM AMAHS & CLEANERS - Legal Part-Time Maid & House Cleaning Service Provider
They gave me a CL who is currently working for me now. She cooks very well, confinement food for me and dinners for my hubby and help me and my baby a lot. My baby girl loves her so much! CL is very experienced, able to advice me on many baby tips such as nappy changing, feeding, baby bathing etc. She also helps out with some of the housework.
She's been a great help to me!

Last edited:

czaire

Re: Bad experience with confinement lady

Hi all,

Just wanna to share my experience with my CL, I hire this CL-Ying Jie recommended by my sis's friend and met up with her few mths ago. So when I started my first day of confinement, the night before she told me she will take a cab n claim from me, I was quite shocked and she told me normally the bosses will fetch her. I told her alright I will reimburse the cab fare to her.
When she arrived, immediately she cooked lunch n prepared for me.

Guess what she had done!

1) She fried fish with olive oil instead of sesame oil
2) No confinement meal at all. Then she opt to sleep at the living hall as she claimed I was breastfeeding my bb and doesn't require her help at all. Alright I don't mind.
3) Insist my baby wears disposable diaper as my baby is wearing cloth diaper due to extremely bad diaper rash but she told my sisters nowadays nobody will use cloth diaper and disposable diaper will not cause any diaper rash. My sis stand firmed by saying no. In the end, she ignored my sisters and insisted to talk to me. I told her firmly, my baby is experiencing bad diaper rash and no choice need to use cloth diaper.
4) I soaked all the soiled cloth diapers in one pail and one basket of my clothes. Then prepared stool etc for her to wash. In the end, she got the nerve to ask me, "are u washing all the clothes." I told her no, Ying jie, you are the one washing and not me. She told me off by saying, I never wash baby n mummy's clothes. Those bosses hired her had maids at home. I told her straight at her face, I don't have a maid a home. Guess what, unrelentingly she will wash the clothes. Less than 5 mins, she sat at the sofa and started using her hp.
5) I was very pissed off and my sisters said asked her to leave. Before we asked her to leave, she said she doesn't want to work any more. All these happened in only 2 hours.

When I asked my hubby to wash the soiled diapers, she poured 350ml of Kodomo detergent into the pail. My hubby used pails of water to rinse off those bubbles....

Pls avoid this CL-Ying Jie her hp no is 97987217 or her son's hp no 96665479 or house no 64427912. Her address is Bedok Central.

Her age is 77 year old and I hire her $2200 and not $500. I will not hire any CL in the future after this bad experience.

Last edited:

yvonne_ktw

Hi Dear, saw your post and i find this Ying Jie name familiar and i went to check my list of good and bad confinment list i've created and yes Ying Jie is listed as bad confinment lady. Will add in her contact that you've provided. Thanks for sharing =)
http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f79/list-good-bad-confinment-lady-mummy-if-you-have-help-input-62458/

Hi all,

Just wanna to share my experience with my CL, I hire this CL-Ying Jie recommended by my sis's friend and met up with her few mths ago. So when I started my first day of confinement, the night before she told me she will take a cab n claim from me, I was quite shocked and she told me normally the bosses will fetch her. I told her alright I will reimburse the cab fare to her.
When she arrived, immediately she cooked lunch n prepared for me.

Guess what she had done!

1) She fried fish with olive oil instead of sesame oil
2) No confinement meal at all. Then she opt to sleep at the living hall as she claimed I was breastfeeding my bb and doesn't require her help at all. Alright I don't mind.
3) Insist my baby wears disposable diaper as my baby is wearing cloth diaper due to extremely bad diaper rash but she told my sisters nowadays nobody will use cloth diaper and disposable diaper will not cause any diaper rash. My sis stand firmed by saying no. In the end, she ignored my sisters and insisted to talk to me. I told her firmly, my baby is experiencing bad diaper rash and no choice need to use cloth diaper.
4) I soaked all the soiled cloth diapers in one pail and one basket of my clothes. Then prepared stool etc for her to wash. In the end, she got the nerve to ask me, "are u washing all the clothes." I told her no, Ying jie, you are the one washing and not me. She told me off by saying, I never wash baby n mummy's clothes. Those bosses hired her had maids at home. I told her straight at her face, I don't have a maid a home. Guess what, unrelentingly she will wash the clothes. Less than 5 mins, she sat at the sofa and started using her hp.
5) I was very pissed off and my sisters said asked her to leave. Before we asked her to leave, she said she doesn't want to work any more. All these happened in only 2 hours.

When I asked my hubby to wash the soiled diapers, she poured 350ml of Kodomo detergent into the pail. My hubby used pails of water to rinse off those bubbles....

Pls avoid this CL-Ying Jie her hp no is 97987217 or her son's hp no 96665479 or house no 64427912. Her address is Bedok Central.

Her age is 77 year old and I hire her $2200 and not $500. I will not hire any CL in the future after this bad experience.

Niuniu

Hi, I would like to share my personal experience with Aunt Kiau. I was looking for a CL and found her contact on this forum.
I had called her and told her my intention of engaging her service, that time she was in M'asia. She told me to meet up with her which she will be coming to SG for a confinement job 2 months later.

My hubby and I went down to the place where she is doing her confinement and she has increase her price to $100 more than what we had spoke to her previously. But we feel that it is ok as long as she is able to help us. So we agreed on engaging her but we didnt know we have to pay a deposit on the spot. We told her we will contact her again (before she goes back to M'asia) to make payment and get her passport info to prepare her work permit as well.

A few days later she had sms my hubby, saying she cannot do our job has she has agree to do for another couple. We were very angry and question her as we had engage her 1st and she also agreed to take up the job. She replied saying we still have not't made payment so she has the choice to reject us and also we were not sincere enough to make payment in the 1st meeting. My hubby and I suspect that the other couple maybe paying her higher hence she cancel ours.

We feel that she do not honour her promise and luckily for us, we still can find another CL in time. I can't imagine if it is a last min cancellation, how to find another one within a short period of time? Perhaps she would feel that as long as she return the deposit $ to you, it is ok. and she can take up another higher offer job..

She told us she can do many things, help up in housework too. But we really doubt her words now.

LinnTjen

Hello there,
Any recommendation for a good English Speaking Confinement Nanny? I am due for a baby next month and the nanny we booked well in advance says she cannot make it as her existing job is being extended. So unfair but have to live with it. May be existing employer pay her more and take her. We are staying in Singapore. I am Indonesian and my husband is an Indian so a english speking nanny is important.

You all can email me at info@innovativemktg.com if you have any recommendation.

Thank you for your help.

bbkatie

Beware of this confinement Aunty Ah Yoke
016 3328882 from Kepong, Kuala Lumpur

Last year, ard May, I paid this lady RM1000 deposit for her service during CNY 2012. She charges me RM5400 as she said, my confinement period is during CNY period, and requested for a BIG ANGPOW and I agreed. Then 2 weeks before my due date, in Jan 2012, I called her again to remind her of my due date. I called her few times and she didn’t answer, and I started to get worried. But finally she picked up the called and told me she is in Australia and cannot come back. Imagine how worried I was – I might be delivering anytime, and yet, she didn’t bother to inform me, that she will be working in Australia and wont be working for me !!!! Nevertheless, I wasn’t angry at her, as I know what is the point. I asked her nicely, how about me now….as I am due anytime. She said, she would recommend her friend to me, and I took the friend’s number and called.

Her friend then told me, she was informed by this Auntie Ah Yoke, I would pay her RM5800. So I was surprised, and I told her, Aunty Ah Yoke only charge me RM5400 and I’ve paid RM1000 deposit, so I would only need to pay RM4400. She disagreed. So I called Aunty Ah Yoke in Australia again – she angrily scolded me (though I didn’t know what’s the reason) – WHO THE HELL WANT TO WORK FOR YOU, IF YOU DON’T PAY RM6800 DURING CNY….YOU PAID RM1000 DEPOSIT, SO NOW, RM5800 TO BE PAID TO THE NEW AUNTIE!!

I felt like I was being conned!!! So I went around like headless chicken to fine other confinement aunties contact and I managed to engage one, last minute, from my friend’s contact. I think I called at least 30 confinement aunties that time, to secured 1. Since I didn’t engage the service of Auntie Ah Yoke’s friend, I called he again, to tell her that how is she going to pay me back that RM1000 deposit. She said she would pay me back when she is back to Malaysia, which would be around March. So I agreed and didn’t chase her for that. Then come end of March, I called her again, and she didn’t want to pick up when she saw my h/p #. Then I used my house number, and she picked up. Again, she got angry and told me, she wont pay me back, as she was helping me to look for new replacement and she was acting as an agent and that’s her agent fee. Halo!!!! What logic is this….!! Then I reminded her again, I didn’t use her friend’s service., and she finally angrily, told me not to chase her again, as she would pay me back in 2 installment. I’ve been waiting and waiting and checking my bank a/c, now it’s May, I don’t see any sign, and she refused to answer my phone calls.

I’ve now decided, to broadcast her in forum, so that other mothers will not fall into the same trap as me. I think she has no intention to refund me my money in the first place, she is just buying time….Basically collecting deposits and “fly aeroplane” last minute. As I only have her contact number, no other details, I could do anything to her. But at least, I hope other ppl are aware of this lady and do not engage her services.

Gotten CL for my 1st baby... Tot she can help in a lot of things also... In the end, these were what she done:
1. Cooked lunch and dinner for hubby and me. Not confinement meal tho. Only thing that was 'confinement' was the sesame chicken.
2. Cooked the herbs package for me (cos I've gotten the herbs package from the agent, so she definitely has to finish all before leaving).
3. Cooked longan red dates drink for me. I only gotten a cup a day tho. The rest I survive on milo.
4. Brought back my bb first day, she wrapped the bb up so tightly, in the end, she has a temperature. Rushed back to hospital and bb was admitted back to hospital for observation... my heart broke. After that I looked after bb myself throughout the whole confinement.
5. CL only needs to change the diapers and bathe bb. But strangely bb always cry when she was bathing her. She said bb was afraid of water.

Then she spent most of her time in front of my TV (cos I have cable).

Mum and MIL told her off and asked her about my breakfast. Cos apparently I do not have enough to eat. Mum has been the one cooking extra food for me.

Last straw was she changed my girl, and when I went back to bb room to get her, I found the bb lying in her bed, drenched, and the cl was outside watching TV!

I told her to come in and told her that I have accomodated everything that she has not done, but the only thing I cannot tahan is that she has compromised on my girl! And I sent her back immediately.

So when I have my 2nd child, I decided to have confinement tingkat instead! No more of such nightmares. And thank god I managed to find this lady! Her food is quite similar to those popular confinement tingkat companies, but I can save a few hundreds! :)Those mummies who are looking for soups only, she also does them, & they are yummy without msg! I will definitely look for her again if I ever have a 3rd one heh heh... pm me for her details if u need!

justamom

Yan jie was My cl this yr.. basically she was recommended by My mil's frd.. was said to b experienced but.. her logics was too irritating.. accusing me n hubby almost everything.. n everyone that carries bb.. making him difficult to fall Zzz at night..or feed him full full w fm to make him last thru the night obviously So she can ZZZ..also ask me to rest well dont bf..cos confinement is to rest..in the end bb nipple confusion n dont wanna My (.)(.) Anymore..
Pros that she cooks well n is clean but have her own logics n wants us to follow n meals cannot b delayed cos will ruin her time to clean up bathe n Zzz..she Zzz at abt 9 n once aft shower automatically goes to on the aircon in her rm.. we allowed her it's OK cos bb slps w her..always accuses My hubby that he talks to him n play w him until My bb doesn't wanna Zzz at night.. difficult to fall aslp..
Also when he's on bm.. he poos frequently n when we bring him in to change when she's already aslp say abt 10-11pm..she gets frustrated n says shd mix bm n fm if nt poo will nt b So watery.. what nonsense ! Also she gets frustrated to disturb her Zzz n when she's putting him down at the changing mat she put too hard n hit his hard on the table! 28Days passes n we cant Wait to send her off n take cr of My bb myself! She's fr mysia n abt 50+yrs old.. v anti bf.. always cms n say nt enough supply bb cry cos nt eating enough.. I was depressed cos I felt that I was a bad mummy w nt enough milk for My boy..her first day..she already told My hubby y didn't standby fm in case I don't have milk..ask him go buy immediately.. it was already 8+pm at night..

Hence beware of this CL.. if u all v pro bf.. must insist n nt get bullied by them!

Smalleyes

Yan jie was My cl this yr.. basically she was recommended by My mother in law's friend.. was said to b experienced but.. her logics was too irritating.. accusing me n hubby almost everything.. n everyone that carries baby.. making him difficult to fall Zzz at night..or feed him full full w fm to make him last thru the night obviously So she can ZZZ..also ask me to rest well dont bf..cos confinement is to rest..in the end baby nipple confusion n dont wanna My (.)(.) Anymore..
Pros that she cooks well n is clean but have her own logics n wants us to follow n meals cannot b delayed cos will ruin her time to clean up bathe n Zzz..she Zzz at about 9 n once after shower automatically goes to on the aircon in her rm.. we allowed her it's OK cos baby slps w her..always accuses My hubby that he talks to him n play w him until My baby doesn't wanna Zzz at night.. difficult to fall aslp..
Also when he's on breast milk.. he poos frequently n when we bring him in to change when she's already aslp say about 10-11pm..she gets frustrated n says should mix breast milk n fm if not poo will not b So watery.. what nonsense ! Also she gets frustrated to disturb her Zzz n when she's putting him down at the changing mat she put too hard n hit his hard on the table! 28Days passes n we cant Wait to send her off n take cr of My baby myself! She's fr mysia n about 50+yrs old.. very anti bf.. always cms n say not enough supply baby cry cos not eating enough.. I was depressed cos I felt that I was a bad mummy w not enough milk for My boy..her first day..she already told My hubby y didn't standby fm in case I dont't have milk..ask him go buy immediately.. it was already 8+pm at night..

Hence beware of this CL.. if you all very pro bf.. must insist n not get bullied by them!
For the first week or so, our milk supply usually is insufficient for baby especially if you have a greedy baby. Some mothers even after three weeks, they are still unable to bring their milk supply up. My CL gave breast milk together with formula to make up the difference. When my milk supply went up, she just give my breast milk through bottle. I try breast feeding my baby for the first few weeks but realised that it is difficult to gauge whether she has consumed enough milk so there are times when she wakes up after an hour wanting to eat. It is also difficult to coordinate pumping time and waiting for baby to wake up.

Honestly, my baby also now prefer btl compared to my breasts and initially, I felt like a bad mummy but seeing her grow healthily is more important. I believe as mothers, we can be too focused on breast-feeding to the point that it may backfire on our child. CL is there to help and they meant well so we should also try to collaborate with them to make the 1 month less stressful for all parties. Granted from what you said, it seems that your CL takes sleep as priority over your baby, which is terrible!

Retreat.jpg

MUMMYBLISS RETREAT
- a gift worth giving to yourself and the precious life growing inside you...

Pregnancy is an amazing and miraculous journey! Our bodies dedicate themselves to this amazing task whilst the person we were before conception slowly starts to step aside to make way for what is about to happen...

Sometimes we don’t have the energy to look after ourselves properly and our partners are already beginning to feel a tiny slip down the ladder of importance and may not offer as many tender loving care as we would like. We want to sleep, eat, sleep some more, be nurtured and adored with nothing expected in return.

That’s why we planned the "MummyBliss Retreat" - To create a dedicated space in time where any pregnant woman can truly be nourished and pampered. To be really able to connect to the growing baby inside and deeply relax. Essential for what lies ahead.

The retreat is perfect for any stage of pregnancy, each stage has its celebrations and challenges! You will be fed fabulously and generously, sit back and learn about antenatal knowledge from practicing nurse/midwife, stretched gently in the Yoga classes (optional) and laid down to rest. There will be plenty of chances to talk about the journey, laugh about it and share any fears with fellow mummies and our experienced nannies. Our aim is to bring out the pregnant bloom in you, sending you off beautiful and ready for motherhood.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/aixin.mummies

LeenaK3

Hello,

I am currently interning at the International Labour Organization in Geneva and my assignment is to figure out what practices employers and domestic workers are using to negotiate their working time hours.

How do you set what time she has to start work or go to sleep (live in domestic workers)?

When do you give her breaks? How did you reach that agreement?

Do you create a schedule ( a time table) ?

If you need her to work during her rest periods or day off, how do you compensate her?

Please help by sharing your experience, an idea, a comment..