Any bad experience with confinement ladies?

hello, mummies, why some CL agree on something in the begining, say, can do this, do that, very experience but when
in actual doing work for us, difference, suddenly need additional charges then only do for us.

mine sometmes need to remind her, prepared for me, not she remind me.

do you all mummies experience this kind CL too ?

JK929

Hi all, first of all, I am a daddy, not a mommy. And I registered today just to give my feedback on this confinement nanny as my experience with her was unpleasant enough for me to spend time doing this. The nanny is Auntie Mei Ling from JB.

To put things straight, i have no complaints about how she took care of my baby girl. As far as i can tell, she did an ok job and her cooking is fine. She is generally easy to get along with at first. But what really got me riled up is that she had alot of personal issues and kept asking for "permission" to go out.

Her exact reasons are:
(A) Son's customer hse undergoing renovation. need to go help settle stuff
(B) Meeting a potential client
(C) Daughter in law stuck at custom, need to save her
(D) Need to see a doc who is in SG for only a week
(E) Need to re-visit the same doc who is leaving SG soon
(F) Pass money to daughter for CNY
(G) 3 days to attend her relative's wake

In all, she asked to go out 7 occasions in 7 weeks with us. When she came back after the wake, she said that she had sprained her leg and may not be safe to carry my baby around. So we proposed for her to go over to my mum's place during the day just for a couple days so my mum and maid will be around to help. And her response was that she would rather leave the job if she had to go over. That was it for me and I told her to leave immediately as I don't think I can trust her with my baby when she showed this type of attitude. I did a check online and realized that there was another similar feedback about her way back in 2010 in this same forum.

So I guess if you are able to tolerate her behaviour, or if you could manage her better than i did, then she is fine. But if you are a first time mother who needs a lot of help from the nanny then you may want to reconsider. Personally, I couldnt say no to her requests as I had to entrust her with my baby but things got so bad that I rather cancel my plans and tell her to leave. I have my suspicion on what she is actually doing on those "off days" but i rather not speculate here.

Her details - Confinement Nanny Mei Ling / Meiling
+60149126928, 86798337

tysk066

Hi all

May I ask if anyone has any good or bad experience with this confinement lady called Fang Jie? Her mal hp ends with 95678. I am looking at hiring her soon.Can't find much comment about her so far. THere is another Fang jie with another hp no that i have found. I assume it's different person. Thanks for sharing in advance :)

OJY

Hi all

May I ask if anyone has any good or bad experience with this confinement lady called Fang Jie? Her mal hp ends with 95678. I am looking at hiring her soon.Can't find much comment about her so far. THere is another Fang jie with another hp no that i have found. I assume it's different person. Thanks for sharing in advance :)
Hi, do u mind sharing with me the page where u saw details about the other Fang Jie? Wondering if she is the one I'm currently considering. Thanks!

Berriesweet

Hi, I know 1 confinement lady called Angelin (Feng Jie) through a facebook forum mum who intro her to me few days ago. I intend to deliver baby during CNY period via C-sect.

And when I contacted Feng Jie via her WhatsApp, I had a tremendous shock that she charges $6000 (includes start work ang bao $100, stop work ang bao $100......but EXCLUDES CNY ang bao etc) to work during CNY period. Her usual rate is actually $3000 (includes start work ang bao $100 & stop work ang bao $100 etc). So she will charge double to work during CNY period. She is the most expensive nanny I have asked around recently.

Most importantly, I don't know much about her service and attitude though the FB forum mum highly recommended her to me. But I am still worried even if I am willing to $6000 yet Feng Jie is unable to deliver or render her service, then all my $$$ will be wasted.....AND worst case, I don't have a confinement lady to help me during this difficulty times.

Last edited:

ssll0412

Just wanted to share my unpleasant experience engaging a CL (黄金凤) from PEM.

1) Very aggressive sales consultant: the sales consultant is extremely pushy. If you google, you will realize this is not an isolated case, PEM’s sales are famed to be very pushy. They will try very hard to upsell you the herbal package and post-natal massage package, in addition to the CL service, to the extend of making false promises (I will elaborate later on this)

2) The herbal package: I didn't do any research prior to the meeting with PEM sales consultant, however, based on the sales consultant’s promise of “ability to get full refund on all unused herbal packs”, I bought and paid for the herbal, which is priced at SGD 390. As some moms already pointed out, herbal provided by PEM is of very inferior quality and hugely overly priced. I saw a similar 28 days confinement package from Eu Yan Sang at SGD 268. PEM’s package is from an unknown TCM. You make your own call if PEM overcharges its herbal package. The worst part came when I tried to return about ¾ of the herbal package, upon the early termination of the CL service due to lousy service, bad attitude and dishonesty (I will elaborate later), PEM refused to do a pro-rata refund and only agreed to refund 100 dollars (after charging a 20 dollar “pick-up” fee), claiming that some of the herbal returned is expired and cannot be reused after their physician assessment. How ridiculous is that? I didn't even open 3 out of 4 packs of the herbal and all along stored them in the fridge as instructed. What do they mean by “expired”? Upon dispute, they also refused to provide any transparency on what are the herbal packets that are expired. At the end, they even totally went back on their own words saying that herbal package could not be refunded and they refunded me 100 dollars out of good will, and that there is no proof that their sales consultant made such promises.

3) Post-natal massage package: to be fair, the post-natal massage was the only package that we completed and we were rather satisfactory with the service delivered by the Malay masseur. Pricing was also in line with market. No complaints on that.

4) The confinement lady: well, I guess you really have to count on your luck for the kind of nannies you get. In my case, we were extremely unlucky. But before going into details, I would like to comment on general qualities of PEM’s nannies. Firstly, they are generally not experienced. The first profile they gave me, which I declined straight away, had only 3 years experience. The second profile, which I accepted, had 6 years experience and according to PEM this is one of their more experienced ones already. Considering many nannies out there have more than 10 years, if not decades, of experience, PEM’s nannies seem to be very inexperienced. With hindsight, I am not surprised. Given that PEM take a significant commission out of nanny’s salary, experienced nannies with good reputation would go on their own once they have a big enough clientele which would provide them a strong referral base. The nanny I got was 64 years old, illiterate and unable to read but that was fine. I was appalled, however, by the below:

a. Bad attitude: she will retort you with “you know how many babies I have looked after in the past few years?”, when you try to ask her to do certain things differently. SHE IS ALWAYS RIGHT! Well, as first time parents, I have to admit we are no experts. But we are no morons either and there is always google. I am not going into details, but her attitude definitely added stress to us rather than providing reassurance.

b. Lazy:we have a helper at home and she does all the household chores. The CL basically used my helper fully, making her do all the food preparation and most of the cooking too. The nanny in the very first day upon arrival, told us that she only cook 3 meals a a day, no afternoon tea, no supper, no desert and breakfast was always slices of bread with butter. She takes long afternoon naps, claiming that she couldn't rest well at night due to baby. In fact, she sleeps very well at night. There are a couple of times that I went in to check on the baby, baby was uneasy, almost crying but the nanny was sleeping like a baby, snoring!

c. Unhygienic: the nanny sweat like crazy! We stay on 22nd floor and it was super windy and she still sweat like crazy whenever she is moving around. She does wash her hands before handling the baby, but mostly with water only without using soap. I don't know if she cleans her hand at night after changing baby’s diaper and before feeding her, when we were not watching. My baby ended up with a tummy infection at 20 days of her life and she needs to be hospitalized – that's when I fired the CL. I am not saying she is confirmed the culprit, but highly possible, as she is the primary carer of my baby during that few weeks.

d. Dishonesty: this is the part that pissed me off most. She is dishonest. In order to make the baby sleep longer at night so that she can sleep longer, she always tried to feed baby with formula milk at night, despite we have ample BM stored in the fridge and we explicitly and repeatedly told her that we would like to exclusively BF the baby. She said ok, but she still fed baby with formula at night! Another dishonest act was during her last day after I decided to send her home. I was not thinking straight after my baby was admitted to hospital and counted my cash wrongly. I was supposed to give her 1900 as salary (on top of Ang Bao), but I counted 1950. She went into the room to count, for a good 10 min, and came out to say the amount was correct, and asked for a Ang Bao, which I did give. I only realized that I counted the wrong amount after she left. I was so sure because I counted 39 fifty dollar notes instead of 38, and I realized after I noticed 1 fifty dollar missing afterwards. I called PEM later on. When PEM asked the CL about it, she admitted, claiming that she didn't want to let my helper know her salary therefore never mentioned about additional 50 dollars I gave by mistake. What a joke!

Above is a fair recount of my experience with PEM recently. I would never engage this agency again in the future. You may want to learn from my experience and at least be careful before you engage their service!

Last edited:

Omega bb

Wana share my bad experience with my cl.. her name is ah jiao from malaysia...the long and short of it is she "abandon" me 2.5 weeks into my confinement as her next client has given birth.. i gave birth in nov.. 2.5 weeks into my confinement, she informed me she need to leave for the next job.. originally i booked her for 6 weeks.. upon questioning, i found out that her next job is pre-agreed at cny price regardless of bb arrive early or not..since her next client bb arrive early in mid dec, she is adamant to leave even tho she haven complete my confinement as she is afraid of losing the lucrative cny price...so beware if you hire her.. she might abandon you for a higher paying job.. no professionalism at all and cause me alot of stress during my confinement..

CL_review

Want to share my bad experience with my CL called Kuan or Ching/Qin jie from Malaysia. Her contact details are +60169337212/ 82679219.

1. She used the big ear buds meant for adults to clean my baby’s nose and ears when she was not supposed to. The CL was also very rough, continuing even when she cried badly. This caused her to have ear infections.

2. She is not supportive of breastfeeding, and kept insisting I buy formula, which she fed my baby girl at night even though I had excess frozen breast milk stored. I also insisted on direct latching my baby to reduce the possibility of nipple confusion in her first few weeks, however I walked in on the CL secretly feeding my baby the bottle against my wishes. Worst of all, the CL fell asleep while bottle feeding which is how I found out.

3. She brags about having multiple overseas assignments, but was clearly inexperienced when packing for an overseas trip. She was so last minute that she almost caused me to miss my flight. On the trip, she was also more interested in her "holiday" than looking after my baby.

4. She insisted on washing her own clothes in the washer-dryer separate from the other family member's clothes in the household even when I told my helper to wash the CL's clothing so as not to damage the machine (as it is only one set of clothes each time on a full cycle). She eventually spoilt the washer- dryer by forcing open the machine door before the dryer spinning cycle is complete.

5. She doesn't get along well with helpers and constantly scolded them, chasing away a couple of them during her tenure. She also breaks (many!) household items and puts the blame on them. There was once I found a baby sock in the trash and asked my helper about it- she said the CL instructed her to throw it away as the CL had lost the other side, even telling her “anyway there are so many, your ma’am wouldn’t know”.

6. She is gossipy and non-discrete even to strangers. I frequently have guests over, some of which are my hubby's business associates, and she doesn't feel shy to advertise her expertise to everyone, even sharing information about my breastmilk etc which is inappropriate. She also bad mouthed many of her past employers, which reflects badly of her as a person.

7. Soup was cooked in batches and frozen as she said boiling fresh soup is too much work. At one point I was drinking two week old soup and had stomach upset as a result. I also found hair in my confinement food a few times.

8. My utilities bill tripled during her stay here.

9. She is very quarrelsome and rude. A friend of mine also hired this CL as she was shamelessly giving out her number to my guests and I did not tell them about her bad behavior. I was told later that she was also asked to leave due to bad hygiene and attitude.

Last edited:

darkpanther

Hi, just wish to share with everyone about this Confinement Nanny by the name of Jenny Loo Yoke Foong.
She is from Malaysia, Ipoh.
She has given us hell for 3 days.

Here is the list of things that she has done.

1) like to cook oily food even though repeated feedback we prefer less oil.
2) like to cook meal early and leave the food to cold.
3) like to finish a task as soon as possible so that she can play her handphone.
4) insist to feed baby with formula even though we prefer lactation.
5) like to waste food. Example if the vegetable is a bit not nice and she will throw away.
6) love to cook food in large quantity and throw away if any leftover.
7) Give wrong suggestion and information. Examples cook chicken and egg every day during first few days.
8) Give my wife cold drink and food throughout her stay.
9) Can't be bother take care of baby during the last day.

I have attached her picture over here.
Finally, please do not engage her service.

Attachments

limkw

Bad experience with freelance confinement lady Bong Siew Fong (黄秀红)

I would strongly recommend to AVOID this freelance confinement lady.

She is a 67 years old, Malaysian from Malacca. Her number is +60166653255. The picture is from her FB profile

Firstly, she is dangerous.
>We have told her multiple times not to leave the baby on the bed, that the baby must be in the cot but this was unheeded. She has also fallen asleep while the baby is on her bed and this is dangerous and poses a risk of sudden infant death.

Secondly, she is unhygenic.
>We have instructed her on how to wash bottles and the teats. However, she would skip using the teat cleaner to wash the teats. She would not dry the items before sterilisation and this has led to dirty bottles and pumps.
>She has also touched my baby's mouth after changing the diapers without washing her hands prior.
>When we asked her to wash her hands prior to feeding baby, she washed only with water and had to be told and reminded multiple times to wash with soap. She declined to use alcohol handrub citing the smell.

Thirdly, she is full of excuses.
>She would say things like 'crying is exercise for baby' when the baby is with her and crying but would say that we are taking care of the baby poorly and how can we be so terrible to let the baby be hungry when the baby is crying when with us
>When she breaks things, she would say that the things are old, or that 'auntie forgot' but would never apologise

Fourthly, she is nosy and also tries to manipulate people.
>She would ask multiple questions about your background, and when she knows about a common friend whom she has been a confinement lady for she would gossip and badmouth your friend.
>If you have a helper, she would manipulate your helper, by asking you to buy hamburgers (she told us "Very easy one, just order online" and passed us a few dollars and expected us to order grab delivery) for your helper
>She would bully your helper to do things that she is supposed to do eg boiling tea, preparing the bathwater.

Fifth, her eyesight is also poor. Although she has glasses, she would not wear them nor turn on the lights. We have noticed that she would mismatch the mittens and socks, and also claim that she cannot see the feces that is on our baby's changing mat.

Lastly, she chooses to spend most of her rest time talking and watching shows rather than resting, and would be very tired most of the day and night.

We terminated her and asked her to leave as she was causing more stress rather than helping

Attachments

rabbitmummy07

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to share that I had a very bad experience in hiring this confinement nanny called Jenny Loo Lai Moi. I’m a first-time mother and first time engaging a confinement nanny. My original confinement nanny got into a minor incident the day before arriving at my house and injured her leg, so she was unable to come and “recommended” this nanny who is supposedly her friend. Hope my review helps so that people will be mentally prepared beforehand and make an informed decision.
Her rates were the same as the original nanny which was $3900, excluding transport fee of $35 and 开工红包 and 收工红包 and the work permit. These are pretty much the standard for this industry.

Starting with the bad stuff first. TLDR; she is basically the embodiment of a bad MIL.

Firstly, she has a rotten mouth. She would scold my husband and my mother as 蠢(idiot) and 傻(stupid) in Cantonese every day. Even though they told me that they did not take these to heart, honestly who would like to be scolded these a few times every day? In the first two weeks, she also questioned why I am still so fat when honestly, I only had a small bump like the start of my second trimester and would ask if I wanted her recommended masseur (which is probably just her trying to upsell and get some middleman fee). She also commented that my MIL had a lot of white hair even though she is younger than her. She also called us by 喂 most of the time instead of by our names. Also, she would comment on my baby such as 调皮(mischievous) when he just wants to drink more milk (which honestly her comments don’t make sense to me). For a couple of times, she would slap my shoulder and say 喂 loudly as well. She also commented on our own personal stuff. For example, my husband was playing a game and then she would loudly say 哇 这么大声 and when we were watching some show together and laughed together and she would comment 笑什么笑 (laugh what laugh). At the start of the month, I was also especially tired and had slept a lot. Whenever I just woke up and came out of the master bedroom, she would comment like 哇 这么多红枣茶还没喝 . Once, I had only been awake for less than an hour including eating breakfast and had just stepped out of the master bedroom 1 hour before lunchtime. Then she suddenly scolded me 为什么到现在还没喝这么多红枣水. Being very annoyed by her tone and legit do not understand why she would expect me to finish drinking liters of tea when I was barely awake the whole day, I had to scold her that I can take my time to drink the tea before she stopped scolding me every morning. Also, when I was talking to my mother and MIL about bathing, she scolded me saying 你最好不要跟我冲凉 in a demanding tone and I was just thinking even my mother and MIL allowed me to and who is she to stop me from keeping my own hygiene. When I did take my first bathe and I told my mother I was going to bathe, she overheard and commented 她说什么 她要去冲凉? Like seriously its none of her business. Once I noticed that she was using a later breast milk (5PM) instead of the breast milk at 2AM, so I asked her “Jenny how come we are using 5PM breast milk instead of the one at 2AM”. Then she said that that is 2PM milk and I was really confused and said that it says 2AM, not 2PM (also that it doesn’t make sense for 5PM to come before 2PM so I have no idea what the confusion is about). She walked over to the fridge and said “Oh your handwriting too ugly so I can’t tell its 2AM”. Then I asked her how she is expecting me to write and then said that oh maybe leave a space before 2 and AM. I ended up using a label printer so she can’t talk back anymore. Also, after spending the month in the house, I wanted to go out for a short walk at the last week of confinement to see if my body recovered for some light exercise for a short while. When I came back, she started scolding “You dare to go out of the house?!” in Chinese.

Secondly, she orders people around. For most of the days, she would order me, my husband, my mother and MIL to buy things. Some things are still ok, since they might be used for cooking but some things really weird and make little sense. For example, she ordered my mother to buy 马油 for her, to which my mother asked her why she wanted her to buy that and what is the purpose of it and that she had never seen it before in NTUC. Then she responded saying that she is stupid and it is obviously for applying on the skin and that she should take a photo and go buy it for her. My mother was confused and asked if it was for the baby and she said it was for herself. I stepped into the conversation and asked her if she is getting my mother to buy stuff for herself which she promptly said yes. So I asked her why she is getting my mother to buy stuff for herself and she said that since my mother is so free so she might as well help her buy stuff. Even though she said that she would return her the money, but the point is why would anyone ask her employer to run errands for her? She apparently did a similar thing to my MIL for miso sauce from donki for her to buy back to Malaysia as well which my MIL decided to ignore her entirely. Sometimes my baby likes to lie down on the baby cot quietly and just look around his cot after we just played with him and put him back down instead of sleeping immediately, and she will command us 喂放点音乐啦 baby无聊. All the commanding also made us hide in our master bedroom as much as possible to avoid talking to her or bring our baby to the master bedroom to play instead of in the living room to avoid her.

Thirdly, she is so bad at cleaning and washing. Every night, when I stepped into the kitchen, I would find food stains and drips of red oil on the countertop, fridge, kitchen appliances, washing machine, etc and I had to clean them myself. My breast pumps were not cleaned properly, and I keep finding stains/marks on the valves (hopefully my baby bottles were ok). Towards the end of the month, I also found myself stepping onto tiny stones (which I will elaborate on later) around the kitchen and living room. The kitchen floor was perpetually oily and dirty as well and I found my feet black and oily throughout the month. After she left, I have been spending the past few days (at the time of writing) mopping the floors and rewashing all my stuff in the kitchen like plates and tupperwares and found that most are not washed properly. Oil stains aside, I had found yellow liquid flowing out of my tupperware, white stuff stuck onto the utensils and sticky brown stuff stuck onto my plates, etc. Most of these stains were also readily removed with either a damp cloth or the similar kind of sponge provided to her (since she decided by herself to throw our original one away and got my mother to purchase $10 sponge to use instead that does not have the usual green scrub on one side). Who knows what other stuff I would find after rewashing everything. My non-stick pans were also left with scratches and scars despite reminders not to scrub the non-stick pans. Not sure if they still work properly now.

Additionally, she is not good at taking care of my baby. Right from the first day, I had pointed out that she was not holding my baby properly as his head was dangling backwards and she responded saying that 我们会的啦 (we know what to do). On one occasion, she even applied 如意油 , a chinese ointment, on his asshole which made my baby started screaming at the top of his lungs and woke me and my heavy sleeper husband up. I was damn angry and scolded her for putting that ointment on his asshole as that is only for stomach area and not for genital areas and she claimed that she saw that the baby was having a hard time shitting and she wanted to help him. And I told her that the baby is not even constipated and had passed motions earlier that day as well and got her to wash the ointment off. Then my baby started shitting and she went to wash his buttocks. After that, my baby still took quite a bit of time before calming down while I hugged and coaxed him back to sleep. Later that day, she said sorry which I replied nonchalantly, and she had the face to still say that she did it to help the baby. Don’t understand why she is “apologising” when she is not even sincere about it. Till the time of writing, my baby is still having redness on that area applied. Also, she had the mindset that if the baby does not sleep, it means that he wants more milk and kept trying to feed my baby. When my baby refused to drink and just wanted some hugs, she would comment saying that he is very 坏蛋 (naughty) as if that milk is all that a baby need.

rabbitmummy07

In addition, she is a busybody and pokes into our businesses. She would sit and monitor what we are doing at times, and we ended hiding in the master bedroom as much as possible. She also goes through our letters and parcels. I did not know of this at the start, but when I mentioned to my mother that I had been pumping one side at a time (as I have some condition so pumping one side at a time is easier for me) and she started questioning me why I do not use the hands-free set that I had bought earlier the month. Being very confused, I said I did not buy such a thing and she replied saying that she saw one of my parcels stating that it was for hands-free pumps. And this made me realised that she had been going through our parcels, etc. She also had the tendency to ask things like “your boobs should be able to produce more milk. Why are you producing so little?” and “how much milk you just pumped?” in Chinese.

Also, she broke a lot of my stuff. Initially she wanted our mop which we only had a steam mop, but it was too modern for her, so my mother took her mop that has a bottle attached to it to spray water out. Somehow, she broke the bottle and my MIL brought over her brand-new mop and pail. Later after she left, we found out that she broke the pail as well. Also, she wanted to use our vacuum cleaner, which is Dyson. Towards the end, she broke the Dyson as well and the repairman told us she applied too much force on the trigger button which broke it. Spent almost 300 to repair the Dyson. Back to the tiny stones, I later found out while rewashing my dishes that she chipped one of my porcelain plates from Table Matters and had not told us about it and all those tiny stones were fragments of the chipped portion. After all this, we still paid her the agreed sum of $3900 and did not deduct her pay.

To add on, she is very insistent on doing things her way. Diapers must be wrapped in her specific way, if not she will 喂 要这样子包 and hitting our arms, even when we were occupied with cleaning up the baby poop. She also insisted on washing our baby’s buttocks every poop with soap despite us repeating multiple times not to as the baby’s skin was drying up. She also rearranged most of the items in the kitchen. She also insisted on us bathing my baby in her specific way and that we all need to go through her training before we can bathe the baby. Our mothers ended up telling us that her way is too complicated (it required at least 4 pieces of cloths of different sizes and 2 pails) and to bathe our baby in another way. She also required us to take photos of the food she cooked before we could eat (we are not really people who take photos before eating a meal) so that we can do a photo collage for her review (not sure why she does not want to take the photos herself and do the collage her own instead of asking her employer to do so).

Most importantly, she did stuff behind our backs. Other than the Chinese ointment incident mentioned before, she also went to cut my baby nails without asking us beforehand. At the start of the month, when the topic of cutting baby nails was brought up, we discussed infront of her that we should use an electric nail cutter instead of the traditional one and she said ok. As I wanted to cut his nails myself, especially his first nails, we had bought an electric nail cutter and kept it aside to use later. When we questioned why she did not ask us before she cut, she said that since my MIL said that is ok to cut my baby nails, so she just cut his nails TWICE. Both times without asking us. So we questioned how she cut her nails (cause the electric nail cutter was obviously untouched), she still had the cheek to smile and said that she had used HER OWN NAIL CLIPPERS THAT SHE HAD BEEN USING FOR HER HANDS AND FEET. God knows what fungus or germs are on those clippers. When I checked my baby nails, all were cut slanted, and some parts were close to the nail bed. So glad that he did not bleed and hopefully no fungus or any infections. Additionally, my mother caught her using the BABY BOTTLE CLEANSER for CLEANING VEGETABLES. No wonder my baby bottle cleanser of 750ml was depleted at an alarming rate but just glad that our tummies are alright for now.

For a fair review, these are the good points as well.

Firstly, her cooking is good, and most were to our tastes as well. She cooks fast as well and can quickly whip up two dishes for every meal along with white rice and herbal soup for me. She is ok to cook the portions for my mother and husband as well.

Secondly, she did wake up at night and tend to my baby. Usually, my baby would wake up twice through the night (around 3AM and around 6AM). For some nights, my baby would wake up three times for feeding instead and for the whole day she would comment how naughty my baby was and kept waking her up.

Also, to give some credit, she did clean up my fridge and cabinets, etc before her last day, albeit it was done poorly. She would also run the washing machine and hang up the clothing even for my husband’s.

Also, some side notes:
She is probably an avid gambler. She kept boasting about how she won 4D for every job she did and bought few hundred dollars’ worth of 4D during her one month here (and did win first prize for one of the draws). She had also requested some time to go out to buy 4D as well.
She also loves to talk about her two sons and husband and that she is a very rich tai tai who does not have to work but decided to work as a nanny as she wanted to save up some money for her son to start his business. Also, she boasted several times that she did not take care of her two sons when they were infants as she had maids to do it instead.
She also talks badly about her previous employers, which should have been a red flag thinking back now. She always claimed that her past clients were not good at handling things and would not be able to handle things without her around.

All in all, this honestly affected my whole experience, and I did want to kick her out almost every day, but my husband persuaded me otherwise, which I still regret a lot for being persuaded. We had still paid her in full without any deducts and still gave the angbaos for starting and ending work and transport fees as well, but I don’t think I will ever hire a nanny or even a maid any more in the future. Now I am just glad that we are relatively unharmed in this whole ordeal.

Amy Gan

hi parents, wondering if any of you or if you know of friends who have used Nannymoon before? i found out about it from here: womensweekly.com.sg/family/parenting/couple-artificial-intelligence-find-perfect-confinement-nanny/ and i also read a couple of reviews online.

it seems legit and also quite good in terms of the match and suitability of the Nanny found. it was also casted on CNA and Money FM 89.3 which i thought perhaps some parents here might have engaged them before. if so, will you guys be able to share more with me about the process and your recommended Nanny? :) thanks!!

tastelesssoups

Sorry to hear that you’ve had a bad experience with your confinement nanny. We’re so in a similar situation. Last week, we fired our confinement nanny, Lim Ah Moy, after working with her for 12 days. We realized that she was not suitable for our household.

We are sharing our experience with her in the hope that others can benefit from it and avoid similar nannies in the future.

Our experience with Mdm Lim began in 2022 when we were expecting a child in June 2023. A good friend recommended Mdm Lim, who had provided excellent service to them and even extended her services for another month. We paid a $800 deposit to secure her availability in June, with an agreed salary of $4000.

Unfortunately, the pregnancy ended prematurely, and we requested that Mdm Lim return our deposit. To our dismay, she informed us that the money had already been spent by her family and suggested considering it as a deposit for our next pregnancy. Although this was unacceptable, we had little recourse to recover the amount, so we reluctantly agreed.

Later on, my wife became pregnant again for January 2024. We contacted Mdm Lim once we knew the estimated due date to engage her services. However, she repeatedly asked for an advance or additional deposit every 1-2 months, all of which we declined.

In December, she sent us pictures of her granddaughter in the hospital and attempted to obtain an additional $1000 on top of the $800 deposit we had already paid, claiming that her family needed the money. We firmly refused this request as it was unacceptable since she had not yet provided any services.

During her time with us, she insisted on preparing frozen roti prata, kway tiao, and bee hoon for my wife's breakfast. I advised her that my wife should consume more nutrient-dense foods, but she disregarded my suggestion. I later realized that the requested foods were the ones she wanted to eat, not those beneficial for my wife's postpartum recovery.

Mdm Lim frequently boasted about her cooking skills, claiming that her previous clients were all impressed with her food. However, we found her cooking to be severely disappointing. She frequently made soups like corn soup (ABC soup) and herbal black chicken soup, both of which were boiled for only an hour and lacked flavor. The final straw was when she served us sesame chicken that was raw on the inside, which posed a serious health risk to my wife. Additionally, her steamed fish was consistently undercooked or overcooked.

We were also very disappointed with the way she cared for our child. Despite her years of experience, she held our baby over her shoulder with one hand supporting the baby's butt, which was unnecessary and endangered the baby. My in-laws witnessed this and reprimanded her. She responded by telling my in-laws that she was merely "tolerating the next 28 days and then she would be off," which greatly alarmed us.

While at my in-laws, she refused to cook at my in-laws claiming that she had marinated pork for us. However, she ended up making fried rice with chorizo she found in the fridge (processed pork is not particularly suitable for postpartum recovery).

On one occasion when my wife had a friend over, she casually asked Mdm Lim if a cup of red date tea on the table belonged to her. This innocent question triggered an angry outburst from Mdm Lim, who claimed that she would not eat food that did not belong to her (even though she had been eating our food for the past two weeks) before storming off. We fired her the next day. (and paid her prorated for the days she worked + booked a hotel room for her for the night)

We wanted to share our experience with the community to prevent others from making the same mistake as us. We strongly urge you to interview your confinement nanny thoroughly to ensure a good fit.

tldr;
fired confinement nanny after 12 days, several issues
  1. money problems - keeps bugging us for advance/more deposit
  2. food unacceptable - raw chicken and overcooked/undercooked fish, water tasteless soup
  3. reckless with handling our kid
  4. angry outburst at wife = immediate termination