Any breast feed mom out there?

angbao

I need help on breast feed... My breast bloated n pain .. How to cure? My baby bf like not enough for her... After tat drink formula

diza

How old is your baby? There are many reasons why ur breast is hurting.. Either engorgement or ur menses coming. If engorgement, ur milk ducts may be blocked that's why u feel ur breasts are full. Massage ur breasts and either continue latching or express the milk out. You can use cold cabbage and put in in ur bra to ease the pain but don't do this often as this can cause ur milk supply to drop...

Last edited:
I need help on breast feed... My breast bloated n pain .. How to cure? My baby bf like not enough for her... After tat drink formula
Dear angbao, am also on BF now.
Try to massage breast (must use enough force) prior to feeding baby so milk can flow down better and baby can drink more. Use warm towel when massaging breast. it will help relieve. If possible try not to supplement formula as this will reduce baby urge to suckle and end up with lesser BM supply.
nurse frequently before baby gets too hungry so bb will be more patient to suckle.

If need be, ask ur gynae for medication like domperidone or take fenugreek to help increase supply. But ultimately frequent nursing is the way to increase supply.
jiayou!

angbao

My baby jus less than 1 week old... My milk supply slow n low... My baby got no patient to wait... End up feed soya formula...

diza

That explains... Cont to latch... Milk won't come in fast. By giving FM, u are already giving signal to your body that u don't need a lot of supply.. Your breasts are hurting because of engorgement.. There's a lot of milk in there and the milk is not coming out coz ur milk ducts are blocked. Like what wobblejelly said, massage with force and cont to let baby latch.. Forget Abt my advice putting cold cabbage coz ur baby is only a few days old... BM is diluted and hence, babies digest BM faster ad they tend to be hungry all the time. Don't ever think that u don't have enough milk and give FM. Just cont to latch even of u just latch ur baby 30 min ago.

Last edited:
My baby jus less than 1 week old... My milk supply slow n low... My baby got no patient to wait... End up feed soya formula...

my bb is also less than 1 week old. First day hv to give formula due to low sugar level but I hv since caught up and on TBF after taking fenugreek as per gynae advice to help with supply.

It takes determination to BF so keeping latching on and make sure bb is properly latched to ensure milk is cleared and prevent blocked ducts.

lyra

Discard the formula. Just latch baby on. Don't worry and keep positive and don't keep wondering how much baby is drinking and whether that's enough. Just latch. If u keep giving formula milk after every feed, its difficult for your body to adjust milk supply to ur baby's needs, and difficult for your baby to learn how to suck when he's full and not interested in sucking more.

Nipples will hurt for the first month, its normal.

I do total breastfeeding for my child and its not easy at first but as baby grows older and learns to latch better, you (and ur baby) will get better at it.

diza

What lyra said is true.. For me, it hurt a lot in the beginning and I practically had to grab my hubby's hand.. But I kept telling myself that childbirth is even more painful... Now my boy is pro.. Apart from the normal cradle, football and lying down position, he can even latch while he is in crawling position, while he lays flat on my tummy.. Basically any positions! And when ur baby grows teeth, that's another challenge but thankfully my boy knows the difference between my nipples and other parts of the body..

diza

There were times when he bit me and I would pinched his nose. He will automatically unlatch. And i refrained from shouting or screaming coz i read somewhere that if mummies scream when babies bite their nipples, they will think that it's funny and will do it again. From there.. he learns he can't bite my nipple. But sometimes he does accidentally bite my nipple when he is in a subconscious state. So before he really dozes off, I will pull my nipple away.

angbao

Y baby will drink breast milk than fall asleep... ? Sometime even 5min... My milk really drink will dose off... But not always happen...

diza

It's normal for NB babies to sleep while nursing. Mainly is because, they feel comfortable as we are cradling them. They feel secured thus, they doze off quite easily while feeding but this doesnt happen all the time after 3 mths. lol.. What I normally do is to tickle my boy's cheeks, chin or feet just to wake him up and get him to continue to suckle for at least 15 min. And every 3 hours, I will wake him up. Sometimes I need I remove his clothes so he feel less uncomfortable and will wake up.

diza

Actually it depends on u.. Some prefer to make sure that their baby wakes up every 3 hour for milk while some just go with the flow. I chose to wake my boy every 3 hours coz he had jaundice and I wanted to make sure he was drinking enough milk to flush the bilirubin out. Again it's normal for NB baby to be very cranky when they wake up.. Thats what NB babies do.. Cry very loudly.. NB babies sleep most of the time and when they cry, it's either they are hungry, wet diaper, colic or they feel insecured..

mummy0001

[h=2]Any breast feed mom out there?[/h]I feel also when i breastfeed my baby and i feel pain and bloated , i also don't know whats the cure maybe you can some give me advice.
Thank You!!
[h=2]

[/h]

[h=2]Re: Any breast feed mom out there?[/h]
Any breast feed mom out there?

My baby when she feed i also feel bloated and pain...i put only cold water. :)