Any female with PCOS condition but got pregnant?

lawla12

Hey dont't feel discouraged okay. I really do recommend seeing a doctor to ask for assistance - at least there is someone to give you advice on proper diet and determine what exercise is best for you. Also with medication (if you dont't mind taking) you may see the effects sooner. However I wouldn't suggest trying diet pills that are bought over the counter - safer to stick with doctor's prescription.

With determination I'm sure you can do it! Jia you too! :D
ya ya...i dun dare to anyhow take med when i start ttc ya..........

i'm trying my best to cut down on bubble tea....arrggghhh..my dead spot for bubble tea....LOL~

Hi hi I just conceived too with pcos.
wow....gong xi gong xi~

:shyxxx::shyxxx::shyxxx::shyxxx::shyxxx::shyxxx:

i believe maybe its a matter of time b4 we can strike yaaaa....well we'r all still hanging on yaaa....

JIA YOU JIA YOU TO ALL WHO R TRYING~:001_302::001_302::001_302:

Hi all,

I am suffering from PCOS. Went to see this gynecology Lisa Chin then to this TCM at Fortune Center referred by my SIL. Still... NOTHING... damn upsetting and disappointing. Anyway nightgale, do you think you can share your diet menus with me?\

Thanks

Meanpokwoman

nightingale

Hi all,

I am suffering from PCOS. Went to see this gynecology Lisa Chin then to this traditional chinese medicine at Fortune Center referred by my sister In law. Still... NOTHING... damn upsetting and disappointing. Anyway nightgale, do you think you can share your diet menus with me?\

Thanks

Meanpokwoman
Basically the GP recommended a low or no carbohydrates diet (have you heard of Atkins? It's similar) - means no rice, noodles, bread, biscuits. Mainly I ate meat, fish, vegetables and lots of fruit. Difficult to stick to, but at that time I had motivation mah (must look nice on wedding day!) Also regular exercise helps as well.

I think no harm asking at any doctor if it is just for weight loss, or if you are still seeing the gynae you can ask her about it - it's better that you consult a doctor's advice before starting on any diet because this may not be suitable for everyone depending on individual health conditions. Good luck!

AWEN

I did not check for ovulation..just do it when we feel like it...very lucky.

When i preparing for IUI, doctor scanned for me to check the size of the ovaries to see when going to ovulate.

will feel any painful or uncomfortable during your IUI?

lawla12

will feel any painful or uncomfortable during your IUI?

ya...feel uncomfortable cos u've to open ur legs wide wide for them to insert the tube in ya...then gynae is doing it...2 nurses helping her...so many pple staring at ur private area---feel abit paisey n werid....

its not painful ya.......juz feel uncomfortable ya.....but try to relax relax......

i feel tat the jab which they inject onto ur butt (to make u release the egg) is even much more painful than the process of IUI where they insert ur hubby's sperms into ur private area......

dun tink too much ya...JUZ DO IT~

JIA YOU N GOOD LUCK~:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

stonston

ya...feel uncomfortable cos you've to open your legs wide wide for them to insert the tube in ya...then gynae is doing it...2 nurses helping her...so many pple staring at your private area---feel abit paisey n werid....
Wanna get preggie must get used to this :) No need to paiseh cos they are PROFESSIONALS :)

When preggie already you will get more ppl looking :p

AWEN

ya...feel uncomfortable cos you've to open your legs wide wide for them to insert the tube in ya...then gynae is doing it...2 nurses helping her...so many pple staring at your private area---feel abit paisey n werid....

its not painful ya.......just feel uncomfortable ya.....but try to relax relax......

i feel that the jab which they inject onto your butt (to make you release the egg) is even much more painful than the process of IUI where they insert your hubby's sperms into your private area......

dont tink too much ya...just DO IT~

JIA YOU N GOOD LUCK~:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

:embarrassed:so how long for procedure? my gynae told me the price for IUI is RM700 nett(im frm m'sia, he is quite famous in JB) .is big different v yr costs. how many sperm u insert each time? maybe i will do this after this mth period loh... but till a bit nervous loh...

MoMoMum

ya ya.. if you feel wet .. the mucus if its clear clear.. watery.. then is fertile.. then usually if its very near to the peak of your ovulation i tink got a bit of milky white mucus..

i read somewhere about it. Let me see whether i can dig out then i share with all.
I have PCOS and am trying to conceive the natural way. Not thinking if I can or not but giving myself till end of this way to see if we can do it the natural way. If it fails, I will seek medical treatment. I've mense on a regular monthly basis, between 28-30 days, is this good? I've mucus too, quite a lot and very watery and sticky.... i find it quite a bother as I din know that it's my ovaluation time :wewub:. I'm not sure if I will be able to conceive but with the very successful story from you, I believe there will be magic as long as we try hard enough!

All the best to all the couples out there trying for the magic touch, baby dust to all of you!!!!

P4nic

I have PCOS and am trying to conceive the natural way. Not thinking if I can or not but giving myself till end of this way to see if we can do it the natural way. If it fails, I will seek medical treatment. I've mense on a regular monthly basis, between 28-30 days, is this good? I've mucus too, quite a lot and very watery and sticky.... i find it quite a bother as I did not know that it's my ovaluation time :wewub:. I'm not sure if I will be able to conceive but with the very successful story from you, I believe there will be magic as long as we try hard enough!

All the best to all the couples out there trying for the magic touch, baby dust to all of you!!!!
hey gal.. ive done it.. so can u! dun be too stress k~ all the best~
mine menses worse than u.. can come visit once in 3 mths~ at lest urs is regular. u confirm u have PCOS? As for the mucus part.. the doc did advise me to buy some anti bacterial wash.. since u have not done any check up yet.. perhaps u can use some of such anti bacterial wash just in case ur mucus contains bacterial that may kill sperms. i m using this brand - Esemtan skin care wash lotion. The other brands in the market is purely for wash but no anti bacterial use.. so perhaps u may give this a try? Good luck to u~

suett

I might have suspected PCOS as don't ovulate regularly. Conceived naturally after 5 years of trying but miscarraige. Underwent IUI unsuccessfully. Then conceived naturally after 8 years with successful birth. Again conceived with successful birth, this time with Chlomid after 10 years.....old parents liao. So, as long as you can ovulate either naturally or with medication, you have HOPE! But can't try for 3rd...hubby not as brave as Zoe Tay! Hahaha! Jia You!

iwanababy

Hi all. I am new here.

I am Seeing Dr Thong from Raffles. Been trying for more than a year so decided on see her since she has helped my friend to get pregnant.

Worried about cost. Has anyone tried doing SO IUI with her?

I am not even sure if I should try as I hardly see in forums high success rates in IUI.

I am thankful that i have found this forum. I dont't feel like I am all alone in this.

I am thinking of doing SO intercourse before doing SO IUI. Will see if it works...trying to save some money

lawla12

Hi all. I am new here.

I am Seeing Dr Thong from Raffles. Been trying for more than a year so decided on see her since she has helped my friend to get pregnant.

Worried about cost. Has anyone tried doing SO IUI with her?

I am not even sure if I should try as I hardly see in forums high success rates in IUI.

I am thankful that i have found this forum. I dont't feel like I am all alone in this.

I am thinking of doing SO intercourse before doing SO IUI. Will see if it works...trying to save some money
hi there......i did 2 IUIs wif Dr Thong in 2009.....i spent abt 5-6k for both times but i claimed through the medisave subsidy......

did "between" (sry, suddenly 4got how to spell Dr Thong's nurse's name...its smting like bthuxx...pronouns smting like "between") tell u tat u can claim through medisave???

but there's a cap of 3times only (both IUI n IVF).....

crankywoman

Hi Domique, infact i went to Dr Chen and did that surgery recently but he told me that theres no cure for PCOS unless i do IVF which he just confirmed to me recently... seems like theres a contradiction.. i'm still considering shld i go for IVF..

Hi Winnie,
Congrats! All the best with your pregnancy!
I have just been diagnosed with PCOS. Strangely, I did not have any symptoms apart from not being able to conceive... My menses had always been regular, not much pain... I have been trying to concieve for 18mths now. Have seen 3 gynae. The first one did not mention about PCOS, only said I have got endometriotic cysts. She kept pushing me for IUI. I wasn't keen at that stage as I still wanted to try naturally. I felt that she was very money oriented. The second one also did not mention about PCOS. She also just mentioned about the cysts. She asked me to try naturally or go for surgery to remove the cysts prior to doing IUI/IVF. She even said that clomide is of no use to me as I'm ovulating on my own. I got so confused and decided to see another gynae for a third opinion. He was very thorough... He scanned me again & said that I've got a cyst & a fibroid. But it's the PCOS which is most likely the cause of me not able to conceive. He showed me the images and it made sense. Now he has put me on clomide & monitored my ovulation. Now I'm waiting ..... Hoping for the best....

winnietriplets

Hi Winnie,
Congrats! All the best with your pregnancy!
I have just been diagnosed with PCOS. Strangely, I did not have any symptoms apart from not being able to conceive... My menses had always been regular, not much pain... I have been trying to concieve for 18mths now. Have seen 3 gynae. The first one did not mention about PCOS, only said I have got endometriotic cysts. She kept pushing me for IUI. I wasn't keen at that stage as I still wanted to try naturally. I felt that she was very money oriented. The second one also did not mention about PCOS. She also just mentioned about the cysts. She asked me to try naturally or go for surgery to remove the cysts prior to doing IUI/IVF. She even said that clomide is of no use to me as I'm ovulating on my own. I got so confused and decided to see another gynae for a third opinion. He was very thorough... He scanned me again & said that I've got a cyst & a fibroid. But it's the PCOS which is most likely the cause of me not able to conceive. He showed me the images and it made sense. Now he has put me on clomide & monitored my ovulation. Now I'm waiting ..... Hoping for the best....
Hi Angel Baby,
Don't give up :wong18:
I agree it's very important to find the right gynae, who not only got experience and updated with new medical findings, but also someone you're confident with, won't push you for treatment you're not comfortable with (e.g. IUI/IVF etc) and will follow up closely with you. Your story reminds me of a friend who wasted years on this old "family-gynae" (recommended by her family, most of her relatives go to him) who didn't even diagnosed her actual condition and after she switch to KKH recently, then finally diagnosed she has PCOS. :wong13:
Time is $$, and age is also very important...happy you finally find the right gynae, and from your description, can sense that you're in good hands now. :yellow:
For my gynae, after the course of clomid per cycle, she'll follow up closely, like inserting the ultrasound probe to see if got eggs release, if no, then increase dosage, etc etc. When I told her I don want IUI/IVF, she didn't push for it too :)

Some ladies tried clomid and conceive naturally, but some (like me) cannot. Some find TCM helpful, some (like me) cannot. Some use natural diet to "cure" PCOS, some cannot. Just don't give up and keep trying, there must be a treatment which suits your body. :wong25:

anabella

hi..i had PCOS too..after about 6 months of TTC, i went to see gynea..he diagnosed me to have PCOS..he gave me a medicine called clomid which is to eat at the start of my next menstual cycle..and a month later..i was pregnant wit twins..

winnietriplets..did u take clomid too? are u excited to get triplets?

Hi Winnie,
Thanks for your encouraging msg. It's very true, that you must get a gynae you r comfortable with. I'm just glad that I finally found one. My first gynae at Mt E, said that I had hydrosalphinx on the first visit I saw her. She even said that I have to go for surgery to remove the damaged tube. I was traumatized upon hearing that. I went for a HSG scan the following week, and the radiologist there told me that my there was no blockage in my tubes, so no hydrosalphinx. What a relief to hear that! Went back to my gynae & she said that she was surprised at the result and said that she must have been looking at my gut instead. After that, she immediately started pushing me to do IUI. I was not comfortable with her and decided to change. Then went to KK, the doc was nice , however I realized that she just based her diagnosis on the reports given to her instead of doing the ultrasound on her own. I guess that's how she missed my PCOS. Finally, was referred to the gynae at bishan. He is the one who diagnosed my condition. He put me on clomide, scanned me on the 12th day of my cycle & gave an injection to release the egg. Now waiting & hoping for the best!
you mentioned that you became allergic to clomide, what happened? Did you actually respond to it in the first place (I mean, did the follicles grow?). Also, you said traditional chinese medicine did not work as well, did it have any side effects on you? Which traditional chinese medicine did you see?

Hi Anabella,
Congrats on ur twins!
U took clomide only for a mth? Did ur doc scan u again and gave u an injection to release the egg? When did u start having ur Pregnancy symptoms?