Any full time working parents?

ebi

Hi, we have a 14mth baby and both of us work full time and we send/fetch baby to/fr infant care when we off to work... to be honest is very tiring to take care baby when both work full time... just want to check is there any parents like us... need some inspiration and moral support... and mind to share how you manage to cope with house chore, work, baby, relationship, etc...

rainbow123

I kick the ball rolling ...

Me and hubby also full time working and we also have a 14month old baby .So yours also a Jan Baby ?

Our typical day start off like this .
6.00am i wake up to wash all the bottles and put inside the steamer and i prepare to go and work .
Nanny pick up baby at 6.45am and we left together
7pm hubby will put water and steam the bottles
7.30pm hubby pick up baby .
7.45pm i reach home.. Bath and eat and start playing with the baby around 8.15pm
9.30pm feed baby .. (If good day , she will sleep after milk feed , if not play till 11pm then put her to bed ) Too early she will not sleep and will cry alot ..
While playing with the baby , me and hubby will talk about our work etc . Sometimes will bring the laptop in and let the baby play on her own while we do our stuff.

Sat morning and sunday - bring baby back to my parent place - hubby will do some house work like washing the fans , toilet , windows and iron the clothes .

Sat evening go hubby place for dinner .

On wed and sunday night , i would mop the house .
Hubby will sweep the floor on alternate days of the weekdays.

Thurs and Friday night , i would put the laudry inside MW to wash and hang .

Our routine being like that since she is born . :001_302:
So far so good ...
Tiring but then see her grow day by day quite rewarding...

ebi

Thanks in sharing good to know that I am not alone. Yes mine is also a JAN baby, walking now ...
Hey your husband sound like a very good helper as doing lots of house work :) my husband is very busy at work... so i do most of it..
Just wondering how do you manage to cook for your baby at night? My case, I have to rush back home or else she might have to eat commercial can food.

My schedule is like:
6:30-7am: wake up with baby (my hubby already off to work so only me and baby in the morning)
7-9am: feed/play with her, prepare her dinner, pack her bag, sometime wash bottles if did not wash at night
9-10am: send her off to CC and travel to work
5-6pm: daddy fetch baby and bath her (except friday I have to fetch and take care of her on my own)
7pm: I reach home, cook for baby and us
7-8pm: feed her/play with her
8-9pm: putting her to bed and milk
after 9pm: unpack her bag, wash dishes, etc.

We do all the house work (laudries, mob/vaccum, wash toys), marketing on weekend and look after her at the same time... sometime I am so tired and kind of breakdown and cry...

rainbow123

Dun cry . I believe alot of mummies are in similar shoes...
Be strong.
So nice your baby is starting to walk .
Mine just took her first step without support few days ago .

Actually my hubby also very busy at work , so after putting baby to sleep he will work till 1am or so.
And during sat and sunday after completing the house work , he will have the day to clear his workload more.

For your question regarding cooking for the baby , so far i never do any cooking yet as my baby will have porridge at 5.30pm at the nanny place .
Then 9.30pm final feed for the day is milk .
I guess that is a plus point of having a nanny.

But me and hubby have to pack food most of the time and sometimes he will cook if he get home early after meeting at the client place .

shiyi

we all have jan babies haha..
samasama, have to bring bb to my mum's hse and pick her up @ 7+pm
Since both of us r in sales, it is rather more flexible as once a while can come back early to eat snake hehe.

it may be tiring, but nothing beats watching her smile everyday when i reach home

noelsmum

Husband and I both working. But I can come home for lunch and normally I'm back by 4.30. I leave work at about 8.15 every morning. Little one is left with our helper. It does get hard for us in the sense that we don't have family around as we live and work in HK. Sometimes we wish that we're back in Spore. At least, we'll have more family support that way. But I must say that we're very thankful that we have a good helper.

ebi

Yes... it is so rewarding and fullfilling to see her grow and learn different thing everyday... is emotional to see her 1st step and received her 1st kiss :)

Actually we have a choice to send her to our in law and only bring her home on wkend which make our life much easier, but we choose to send her to infant care and have her home everyday, in making this choice our life is super hectic and difficult esp when she falls sick I have to take leave and stay home with her, but we enjoy very much the private time we have with our baby and no regret... just somtime too tired and have no time for yourself.

Rainbow: might I know how much you pay for your nanny? and how you find her?

rainbow123

Yes... it is so rewarding and fullfilling to see her grow and learn different thing everyday... is emotional to see her 1st step and received her 1st kiss :)

Actually we have a choice to send her to our in law and only bring her home on wkend which make our life much easier, but we choose to send her to infant care and have her home everyday, in making this choice our life is super hectic and difficult esp when she falls sick I have to take leave and stay home with her, but we enjoy very much the private time we have with our baby and no regret... just somtime too tired and have no time for yourself.

Rainbow: might I know how much you pay for your nanny? and how you find her?
Heehee, my hubby is still waiting for the first kiss. She only want to kiss me.. :001_302:
Anyway , you should have a private time with your friends - ask hubby to take care loh..
In my case , i go pub once every 2 month to catch up with some old friends and organise "old friends" gathering at my place during festival days. Must have some time on our own to recharge battery if not will Ki Siao --aka go crazy ...

For your question regarding the nanny , i pay her 550 currently .
I found her by chance .
Got her number from a neighbour who inturn got her number while strolling at the park downstairs.
Look like some aunties at the park is passing around my nanny number for her .:001_302:

ebi

Heehee, my hubby is still waiting for the first kiss. She only want to kiss me.. :001_302:
Anyway , you should have a private time with your friends - ask hubby to take care loh..
In my case , i go pub once every 2 month to catch up with some old friends and organise "old friends" gathering at my place during festival days. Must have some time on our own to recharge battery if not will Ki Siao --aka go crazy ...

For your question regarding the nanny , i pay her 550 currently .
I found her by chance .
Got her number from a neighbour who inturn got her number while strolling at the park downstairs.
Look like some aunties at the park is passing around my nanny number for her .:001_302:
Same :) now my gal only kiss me... whenever daddy asks her to kiss him she would turn around and kiss me :) so funny i think is becoz i spend more time with her esp in the morning...

rainbow123

I actually make a mean joke to my hubby . I say you chow chow ( smelly ) that why baby do not want to kiss you....:001_302:

Anyway it seems like many jan baby here .:001_302:

shopaholic

We are full-time parents too and I hv 3 kids! No maid. Dont despair, things have a way of working out. For us, we bring our kids to our inlaws' place every morning and will fetch them home after work. Everyday, it's a daily shuttle to and fro and we utilise the time in the car to chat and bond with the kids. In the evenings back home, hubby and I share the load of housework and struggle to find time to supervise the elder 2 kids on their schoolwork. We also train them to be independent like packing their own schoolbag and do their homework without me asking them to do so. They can always approach us if they face any difficulties. My coming 18 mth old is also demanding for attention so it's a struggle at times.

For the major housework, we engaged a weekend helper to come in for 4 hours per week to help us with mopping, ironing, cleaning the bathrooms etc. So far, we are doing fine with this arrangement. Maybe you can also consider a weekend helper to lessen the load of housework so that you hv more time to rest or to bond with your child.

dp123

Hi Guys, I am currently doing a project and I need some help from you'll, can you please help me fill out this survey?. It will take you max 2 min. It will be of great help to me. I am trying to make an app to help children of full time working parents in reading practice. Thanks in advance.

Study Qualifications -
1) Parents who have a child between the ages of 2 and 8;
2) Full time working parents --- https://goo.gl/forms/Tymi2hBxo7KaPiSt2